• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Favorite Game?

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
My favorite game is Ultimate mortal Kombat. It even more fun when you are playing tough opponents who are at your level or better than you
I have never beaten a mortal combat game in my life :oops: Although to be fair, It is the good old ones from the SNES that have the real challenge in my opinion.

Sk3tch

Reaction score
Going a bit old school here but my favorite game of all time is Skies of Arcadia : Legends for the Gamecube. That game had such a great story, memorable characters, interesting battle mechanics, ship battles, discoveries, ect. I could go on and on about how much I love the game. Even though it's around 15 years ago I still play it often. In fact at least once I year I get an itch to play the game again and then I marathon the whole game over a weekend. If you have a Gamecube I would recommend getting yourself a copy.

eatthepeach

Reaction score
Halo 3. I remember being introduced to the Halo series right when 2 had just come out, and I played through CE and 2 campaigns a lot, but played a ton of multiplayer for 2. Halo 3 was the first midnight release I ever went to. My SO and i stocked up on Mountain Dew and a couple dirty 30s and holed up for a solid 3 days after it's release. I've probably played through the campaign a thousand times, and I felt like the maps for the multiplayer were the best in the series, even(especially) now.

lisasian86

Reaction score
The only game I play over and over is The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time. I just can't get enough of it, I think because my brother used to play it when I was little and I would watch him so I find it really comforting and nostalgic. Also I'm pretty bad at playing games in general but I can actually beat Ocarina so that helps!

Kitty Reeves

Reaction score
I was thinking about this, and I was doing to say maybe either Bioshock Infinite or Dreamfall Chapters or The Wolf Among Us. But then I thought harder and realized that my actual favorite game is Tales from the Borderlands. Like, that game actually made me get excited and hype for every new episode that came out. I'm a huge sucker for game with awesome stories, and TftB totally has an amazing story. It has also got me hyped for Borderlands 3.

R3GUL8TR

Reaction score
When World of Warcraft first came out, I played that every day after work and on the weekends. I went through the first three expansions, then started slowing down my gameplay when the PS4 came out and my PC started getting old and unable to handle the updates to WoW. I also have other favorites such as Starcraft and the Command and Conquer series of PC games.

Shiori

Reaction score
I guess it's a bit cliched, but I think my all-time favorite game is the Sims 3 series (with expansion packs + a few DLCs at least). I really liked the open-world aspect of the game and how the series used to push their limits with each new title. The Sims 4 was a huge letdown though, so I don't plan to move on yet although the Sims 3 is already quite an old title now. It's one of the biggest time drain of my teenage years.

Damien

Reaction score
Mines is GTA San Andreas, although Metal Slug would be up there in a tie if I had the choice to have 2 all time favorites. I just love the connection that I have when I play that game. Even though the graphics aren't that good obviously, it's the game play, and the characters. The story was perfect to me, and I love the cities, the whole game world was beautiful, and there is so much to do.

It was a lot of fun playing, and still is. I can play for hours straight, that lets you know that I can't burnout.

Steamroller

Reaction score
Is a difficult question to answer. But I'll not give it much thoughts anyway, so I'll go with geneforge saga. Because there are nothing remotely similar to this RPG (besides, maybe, pokémon), It succesfully merges science fiction and magical fantasy and achieves a staggering harmony in the attempt, also the lack of linearity in the storyline proves that you don't need to follow a straightforward plot in order to tell a deep story on a videogame.

There are few games that are able to convey a satisfactory exploration's experience like geneforge, It encourages roaming the map in search for hidden ability bonus and more side story about what happened to the barren Island where you shipwrecked.

NotCasual

Reaction score
My favorite game is one I've only started playing recently, and probably already posted at least 10 times about. Total War: Medieval 2

I actually despised it at first, but the more I got into the campaign, the more I realized how awesome the game is. You'll spend hours conquering whatever continent you're playing on, and you'll start to ask yourself ''When am I supposed to get bored of this?!'' Because really, it's near impossible. Especially since you've got about 17 campaigns ahead of you, not including DLC's.

mkhl

Reaction score
Dota 2 will probably be my favorite. Between me and my friends, we play a lot of different games. We would argue about these games for hours but we have 1 game we commonly play and love and that is Dota 2. It's just part of us since we played this for years.

gtech

Reaction score
Half life 2. There have been better games and much advanced games after HL2 but I am still hooked to it everytime I come back to play it. The game was just immense back then and still feels like new to me.

Arcticlands

Reaction score
It's currently Black desert online and American truck simulator.

jmbrundige

Reaction score
I've never really been a big fan of really exciting games like shooters or platformers. I've always been more into games where I can take my time and think of strategy, mostly because I have terrible reflexes! Simulations and city-building games are my favorite types. Right now I'd have to say I'm really into Civilization. I grew up with it, and I love being able to create something complex like an empire in my computer! I know it's not the same exciting sort of game that most of you like to play.

MolyneuxLies

Reaction score
It's kind of sad that my two all-time favorites are considered the black sheep of their respective franchises, but they're Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 and Fallout New Vegas. They both are made by Obsidian, which is a company that hired some of the people behind the greatest RPG's of the 90's and early 2000's. KOTOR 2 was actually Obsidian's first ever game, and it kind of shows. In it's vanilla state the game is a buggy mess of broken quests and scripts, but beneath it all lies one of the darkest and most nuanced stories ever told in the Star Wars universe. That's why I love it- you're not pigeonholed into being Space Jesus or Space Hitler like so many RPG's do. The game has respect for the fact that the world is not black and white, and every choice is mired in shades of grey. The opening level is a slog for new players, but after that I think it's easily the best RPG I've ever played.

Then there's New Vegas that, much like KOTOR 2, suffered from a bug-riddled launch, showing that Obsidian had in fact not learned their lesson in the 6 years since they'd released KOTOR 2. But also like KOTOR 2, beneath the rough exterior lies the most open-ended Fallout story, or at the very least the most open of the 3 modern titles. In this game the character is truly what you want him to be and you develop them through your conversation choices. Additionally, they did a great job at making the world feel alive and like people actually moved around and their motivations actually make sense. Fallout 3 and 4's stories are both utter trash in the choice department compared to New Vegas.

I could gush about these two games for hours but I'll cut it off here lol

viries310

Reaction score
My favorite game is Baldur's Gate. I've always been into Role Playing games and everything I love about this genre is manifested in Baldur's Gate. Every character you encounter is interesting and the quests are very witty and humorous as a bow to all fans of the Role Playing genre. The world lore of the game is well thought and detailed. I think modern Role Playing games should look back into Baldur's Gate and take notes about what worked for it to become a classic game of its genre that is the golden standard of Role playing games even today.

Referal

Reaction score
My favorite game is Baldur's Gate. I've always been into Role Playing games and everything I love about this genre is manifested in Baldur's Gate. Every character you encounter is interesting and the quests are very witty and humorous as a bow to all fans of the Role Playing genre. The world lore of the game is well thought and detailed. I think modern Role Playing games should look back into Baldur's Gate and take notes about what worked for it to become a classic game of its genre that is the golden standard of Role playing games even today.
I liked baldur's gate 2 compared to the first one

contracterboss

Reaction score
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.

Things that GTA: SA offers no other game can provide. The first thing that is most appreciable in GTA: SA is missions design, all of the missions are innovative and new they are not repetitive like in other open world games, also the mission's objectives are very unique. The side missions are also very enjoyable and reward of side missions is also impressive unlike in GTA: Vice City where for side missions you would only get a new colored shirt. The map of GTA: SA is very big, descriptive, filled with unique spots and has everything like mountains, cities, deserts, beaches etc, you wont get bored of it anytime soon. And even today if you play GTA: SA you can still enjoy the beauty of game and GTA: SA unofficial multiplayer is still filled with servers.

Referal

Reaction score
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.

Things that GTA: SA offers no other game can provide. The first thing that is most appreciable in GTA: SA is missions design, all of the missions are innovative and new they are not repetitive like in other open world games, also the mission's objectives are very unique. The side missions are also very enjoyable and reward of side missions is also impressive unlike in GTA: Vice City where for side missions you would only get a new colored shirt. The map of GTA: SA is very big, descriptive, filled with unique spots and has everything like mountains, cities, deserts, beaches etc, you wont get bored of it anytime soon. And even today if you play GTA: SA you can still enjoy the beauty of game and GTA: SA unofficial multiplayer is still filled with servers.
But GTA V have mods more mods better updates compared to GTA SA don't you think?

viries310

Reaction score
I liked baldur's gate 2 compared to the first one
I haven't had the time to actually play Baldur's Gate 2 but if I did, based on what my friends have been telling me, it would definitely be a step up from Baldur's Gate. On what I've read about it, they fixed issues that were prevalent in the original Baldur's Gate and actually improved upon your companions by making them feel more alive with occasional party banter as you travel.