• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Favorite Game?

dagscot

Reaction score
The Command and Conquer games. The package "Command and Conquer: First Decade'" contains all of the games right up to Command and Conquer Generals and I thought that was extremely good value for money. I've always been a fan of real time strategy games and, although I've tried a bunch of others, I always come back to this one.

charlieman999

Reaction score
My favourite game of all time is Super Mario world 2 for the supernes, it is in my opinion the best platformer game of all time, Nintendo always develops the best platformer games, its graphic style is superb, the controls are almost perfect and it has tons of secrets that will take you hours and hours of gameplay to complete it at 100%.

thepostman

Reaction score
My all-time favorite game is Final Fantasy VII. I've completed it several times, and still never get bored of it.

Oskar

Reaction score
Have to agree with Pantsdude, The Legend Of Zelda: Wind Waker is definitely my all time favorite game!
I still have my original copy and GameCube and still play the game. I think I've done a full play through several times and still love it.
Currently my most favorite game is probably Bully: Scholarship Edition (Steam). ;)

dagscot

Reaction score
If you'd said pc game, I'd of answered Command and Conquer. I love those. But, since we're talking console games, I'm going to say, God of War. It's no contest for me. I love the action and moves available. It has great story-telling, with Greek mythology and Greek stories are my favorite, right up there with Viking legend. God of War also has great end of chapter battles and animation.

igloostick

Reaction score
I come and go with my favorite games. But for right now I guess GTA san andreas multiplayer would be my favorite game. Theres usually a ton of people on the server I play on, Its fun and friendly, I'm not a fan of singleplayer games, They make me feel lonley and bored. The only single player game I play is the sims 3. lol :p

Shole

Reaction score
Warcraft III its the perfect game :) I dont know if I will ever love a game so much as this one :)

Testament

Reaction score
I think NBA 2K13.
Let me guess, Mr. Oklahoma City Thunder. Is your favorite team the Knicks? Haha. Kidding. Westbrook and Durant (especially Durant) have better stats in 2K15, though, right?

As for my favorite game, it's gotta be either competitive Pokemon (EVs and IVs make everything so much more exciting than battling gyms in the storyline), Bioshock Infinite due to its immersive world, Final Fantasy for its wonderful narratives, or Xenosaga, due to its Niezsche-filled themes. I've to too many favorite games. I just realized. :p

mominade

Reaction score
My favorite game has been Super Smash Bros Brawl for a while now. The graphics in the Subspace Emissary story mode are absolutely phenomenal and the story mode itself presents a worthy challenge to any gamer (especially when played on intense mode). Also, it is a very fun game to play at parties if one can amass up to four controllers: this can make for added tourney play among other features. The game never disappoints when one finds himself bored and with nothing to do.

Xanthosh

Reaction score
I'll give my respects to Rocksteady for their new game—Batman Arkham Knight. They've impressed me with all the new things they've incorporated into the franchise. From crime scenes, to the Batmobile, to the story, and all the cool stuff in-between, they've bought me over. Didn't expect all of that to come with the next-gen debut.

Although, the question's pretty subjective, I gave my answer, which I hope at least will a few other supporters.

Razorwind

Reaction score
I'd probably say Half-Life 2 I can still remember the awe I felt when I first played it. I mean I'd played Half-life before, but the game physics, A.I, graphics and especially the story all totally blew my mind! I haven't played a game like that since.

But then again, Pokemon Red/Blue has always been a strong contender. I started playing it a long time back and havet been able to totally stop lol! I must've played all the pokemon games at least 4-5 times so far. The feeling of having your own team is just amazing :D

Lola

Reaction score
World of Warcraft, back before the first expansion came out. Things were totally new and it had a lot to do with the guild I fell in with, made a lot of good friends. We all went our separate ways long ago, but I have some awesome memories from back then.

chiwasaki

Reaction score
Hi there! My favorite games are Ragnarok Online, Final Fantasy, Sims and other role playing games in PSP. I am also playing other Android games but I am a big fan of MMORPG where me and my friends can bond together while playing the game =)

Jasmine2015

Reaction score
I would say that my favorite game has to be Zelda Skyward Sword. The puzzles in the game really pick at my brain sometimes. Though the Zelda games wouldn't be as fun if the puzzles in the dungeons were too easy, right?

I also like the bosses I get to fight in the game as well as the characters. My favorite character is Ghirahim. From the way he talks to the way he dresses, Ghirahim is a fun villian. Fi was a character that took time to grow on me. Would I rather deal with Navi? I don't know.

niightwind

Reaction score
I literally can't choose a favorite game, seriously. I've played so many amazing games and a lot of them were amazing in such different ways that I can't even begin to compare them.

The Pokemon series, for example; one of my favorites because of the nostalgic value it holds for me above all else. It is what truly got me into gaming, I believe, so the place it holds for me is very special.
But on the other hand, The Last Of Us was a more recent game that I played. I feel less of a personal attachment to the game, but the experience while playing it was mindblowing and it was packed full of amazing content around every turn. Very emotional experience for me, just not enough to keep it as close to my heart as I'd hold the Pokemon series.
Then there's several RPG maker games that are special to me, but specifically To The Moon. Being RPG maker based, obviously it doesn't hold a lot of 'wow' factor graphics-wise because it is made up of pixels (though in the game's defense they are very well done pixels :p). But even so, the game packed an emotional punch with me that beat out The Last Of Us for some reason, probably out of relateability. It is one of very few games that has made me cry, and continues to make me cry even just by listening to the soundtrack or trying to explain the story to someone who hasn't played it.

The three games are so immensely different, but all amazing in their own ways. I can't compare them and choose a favorite out of them because the styles are all so unique and they are all favorite to me for different reasons.

Michael

Reaction score
Ah damn, this is quite the difficult since I do like almost every game that I play... I would have to say Grand Theft Auto 5 because you know.. It's open world, bad ass missions, and you get to see girls in Strip clubs (If you catch my drift ;)) Either that or Thief because I want to embrace my inner blackness.

Bristlefi

Reaction score
Probably the Witcher 3. I really enjoyed that game to the max, wonderful masterpiece. Also Bioshock Infinite for the mindblowing story that seriously gets you into it with its amazing story telling style. I also have to say I enjoyed Pokemon games a lot. My favorite of them would have to be Platinum. I played that game twice because it was that good. It was the only Pokemon game which actually had a story that hooked me in so much.

Lohengrin

Reaction score
Since 2011, my favorite game has been Skyrim. It used to be Oblivion.

Nemesysbr

Reaction score
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is a possible favorite and is pretty fresh on my mind, since I recently played it.

I can't stress enough how good this game is. It's best game I have played this year, and It will probably stay that way if Fallout 4 doesn't answer to all the hype. It really sets the bar high for the Stealth Action genre. Also, most of the criticism it gets is due to storytelling issues some hardcore fans of the series have, but other than that, the fact that this is a mechanical work of art is everything but unanimous.

Another honorable mention has to be The Witcher 3, which got me hooked on the very first hours and is a true example of everything a Sandbox rpg should aspire to be. I also liked Bioshock Infinite, Fallout New vegas and Mass Effect 3 a lot.

I am certainly forgot to include some others, but I feel like this is a pretty good list of candidates for my favorite games.