• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Favorite Game?

Honeymoon

Reaction score
My favorite game (as of right now) would be Left 4 Dead 2. It's just such a great game. To be honest, initially I thought it would be uninteresting and repetitive, but it's really not. The game is anything but uninteresting, and while I got the last part kind of right, every session is still a fairly different and exciting gaming experience. Can't say the same for games like.. Civilization V, for example. Not that I'm dissing it, I think it's great as well, but while that game lets you decide how the session would be like, overall it's still very repetitive. Left 4 Dead 2, in the other hand, is not like that at all, because you play with all sorts of different people and you can't always guess their playing style. Add the fact that the game is in real time into the mix and you've set yourself up for at least a few surprises.

I would know. I keep falling off buildings and platforms.

Oops.

paigeswan

Reaction score
My favorite game would have to be Call of Duty. I love playing it against my boyfriend. He usually wins because he is a much more dedicated gamer, but I have beat him a few times. That is a very rewarding experience. I also love Alice, which is a horror game. It has really creepy graphics and a lot of blood. I like the sounds the game makes, too.

lexinonomous

Reaction score
Surprisingly, my all time favorite game is "Mafia II." When I had decided to play it, it was due to a free giveaway I had found online. I wasn't expecting much from it. I ended up going through a whirlwind of emotions throughout the entire game. I was pleasantly surprised with how much the story had captivated me. The entire game is a story of friendship and having to make decisions you may not have made if you were living a "normal" life. I was in tears by the end of the game and it wasn't even the game play that got me, but the actual storyline.

lamanlupa

Reaction score
My favorite game is and will always will be the original Megaman that was released in the 80s. I am not much of a gamer, though I am not too proud of it, I do watch in awe whenever good players go at it in the game. I love the concept of acquiring the skills and power of your slain enemies whenever you beat them. Much like McLeod in the Highlander. I've been a fan of the boy in blue since the 80s obviously.

Patrick

Reaction score
My favorite game is and will always will be the original Megaman that was released in the 80s. I am not much of a gamer, though I am not too proud of it, I do watch in awe whenever good players go at it in the game. I love the concept of acquiring the skills and power of your slain enemies whenever you beat them. Much like McLeod in the Highlander. I've been a fan of the boy in blue since the 80s obviously.
Megaman was one of the first games I ever played and to this day I can still breeze through Megaman I and get half way through Megaman II. Taking turns playing this game with friends all huddled around my small 24inch TV on weekends made up a good chunk of my childhood.

Dabstin

Reaction score
I can't decide between three - Portal 2, Bioshock Infinite, and Deus Ex 1.

Deus Ex definitely loses points when it comes to mechanics and graphics due to its age, but then again the story and the gameplay style and freedom compensates for that. It's one of the best, if not the best cyberpunk I've ever played.

Portal 2 on the other hand is rather too short. The gameplay was brilliant and the two (arguably 3) characters (the ones who speak at least) were extremely witty and enjoyable all the way. I could listen to their conversations for hours and not get bored, but the game is 8 hours long at best. Even though some of the puzzles were very challenging, it's hard to play this game for longer than that, it's just too short, that's my only complaint.

And then there's Bioshock Infinite. The gameplay quality was neutral for me, but oh my god the story is the epitome of mindblowception (I just invented this word). The only place I felt the game was lacking is how unchallenging it is, intellectually at least. Maybe it's because I'm comparing it to both Portal 2 and Deus Ex, both of which require thinking to complete tasks and proceed to the next mission, I just found Bioshock like a story or a movie or something, the gameplay experience didn't stick with me at all and I found it tedious most of the time and kept pressing that button to tell me where to go. It was better in Bioshock 1 where there were big daddies and little sisters and much more challenging opponents with interesting abilities. Columbia lacks the charm that Rapture had, despite looking a million times more beautiful.

So all in all, I can't come to a conclusion among these three games, it's a tie. I hope Cyberpunk 2077 will either be added or replace one of these when it comes out, I can't wait for that game!

Liquor

Reaction score
I love Qbert and I've been playing it since I was a kid in the 80's on Nintendo. When I used to come home from school it was the first thing I did and played it for the rest of the afternoon. I was ADDICTED to that game. I was super excited to see it in the app store, and it was free. I started playing it again about a year ago and it's still the same fun that it was back in the day. But now I just play it for nostalgia reasons. For the 10 year old in me.

Phristo

Reaction score
Shenmue. This game was such an experience to me back then. I replayed this game a few times back then. The music and atmosphere inside this game was such a treat. It's a semi-open world game and the fact that you can even interact with almost all items inside the game was just mind-blowing. It was exciting learning new martial arts move when acquiring a scroll. The main story was also so intriguing that I had to buy Shenmue II. As some of us might know, Shenmue III is now being developed. I love Yu Suzuki, the game creator, he's such an innovator. It was the first time I saw QTE (Quick time event) in-game. QTE is now used by popular games like Uncharted and God of War. I'm sure I'll get my hands on Shenmue III. So there, I'd replay Shenmue just to prepare myself for the 3rd installment.

Nemto Tadak

Reaction score
What's your all-time favorite game? It can be for any console

My all-time favorite is the old Xbox favorite: Delta Force Black Hawk Down. Oh, and Delta Force Xtreme.

Actually, I am a fan of the whole Delta Force franchise and was saddened when Nova Logic dropped the game in 2009. I hear they have a new game in the works, Delta Force Fallen Angels, but that has been on the books now for over six years with no progress and no game. Oh well.

I am a huge fan of building my own maps. Both Delta Force BHD and Xtreme offer the sweetest editors I have ever seen in video games.

Nemto Tadak

Reaction score
Anything with Mario in it. Those games tend to be really amazing!

Then you will love Garry's Mod with the Mario add on NPCs. Nothing says HORRIFYING like being chased by Mario and Luigi armed with hand grenades and AK-47s! The NPC models are accurate yet all the more freakish because placing Mario in kill mode is just EVIL! Alas, I admit the adrenaline rush is overwhelming when you can escape and defeat the famous icon.

flynnsarcade

Reaction score
Hey Darthmaul, You're recommendation is very tempting! I have to admit, I love wielding a lightsaber and flying x wing fighters so I'll have to click on the link you gave! What's my FAVORITE game? Way too many to list. As a kid it was Utopia from Intellivision, as a preteen it was Kung Fu from Nintendo, you couldn't drag me away from NHL96 from Super Nes as a teen, I have had PS2 for a long time now and enjoy the games Rocky, Thrillville and Pinball Hall of Fame the most. I guess it all depends on what mood I'm in.

laylay

Reaction score
I love any game involving Mario. My favorite game would have to be Mario Kart race 7. It is so much fun and I am so good at it. I like how it is different than other racing games. You can throw objects at other racers, which in my opinion keeps the game fair. For example in other racing games if one racer starts as the first racer then he/she will finish first.

Maelalove

Reaction score
Harvest. Moon.
I don't know what it is about that game, why it just grabs ahold of me and never lets go, but I have always had a soft spot for it. There's just something about the little slice of life you get from the game and the little twisty storylines you can take, along with living the simple little life of a farmer. I especially loved all the events, and sweet little dates and things you could do with potential partners. So far, I haven't found a version of the game that I actually disliked.

djordjem87

Reaction score
I am not much of a gamer and my favourite games are some from the past that somehow managed to linger till now. So, basically, Football Manager is a game that really keeps my attention and when I say that I mean 24 hours straight or even more. My favourite one is 2005 FM (the green one). Another football game that I like is PES. I played it since Winning Eleven series on Playstation 1 console. I feel bad that I have to say but recently FIFA has done better job so I prefer it to PES now. The last but not the least is Counter Strike. A game I will like always and I can play it whenever. I like the deathmatch multiplayer because of the pace. Usually I finish in top 5 when we play a death match multiplayer.

leahcim132

Reaction score
Probably the Counter Strike series. I like competitive games and FPS games so this fits the criteria perfectly. Right now I'm playing the most recent one which is Counter Strike Global Offensive. Some updates that Valve make are questionable but nonetheless it is still very competitive.

Maelalove

Reaction score
Probably the Counter Strike series. I like competitive games and FPS games so this fits the criteria perfectly. Right now I'm playing the most recent one which is Counter Strike Global Offensive. Some updates that Valve make are questionable but nonetheless it is still very competitive.
I love CS:GO, but I've never been a big fan of the other Counter strike games. They seem kind of cliche to me. Although I will admit that CS:GO is fantastic with friends, and even just to watch people play competitively, as well.

Adel.S

Reaction score
It's hard to choose only one specific game since I have a lot of games that I enjoy, but my favorite has to be Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. This game has the qualities of a perfect game. It requires collaboration, tactics, teamwork, precision, self-control, and devotion to excel at it. It's easy to learn but hard to master, and that's what makes it special for me.

Maelalove

Reaction score
It's hard to choose only one specific game since I have a lot of games that I enjoy, but my favorite has to be Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. This game has the qualities of a perfect game. It requires collaboration, tactics, teamwork, precision, self-control, and devotion to excel at it. It's easy to learn but hard to master, and that's what makes it special for me.
While I agree that it's a great game, I don't know if I would call CS:GO a perfect game. Maybe that term is more personal, than anything. My perfect game has a large chunk of story, but also has the ability to multiplayer that story. I'm glad it's special to you, though! Everyone needs that one game...

Adel.S

Reaction score
While I agree that it's a great game, I don't know if I would call CS:GO a perfect game. Maybe that term is more personal, than anything. My perfect game has a large chunk of story, but also has the ability to multiplayer that story. I'm glad it's special to you, though! Everyone needs that one game...

Yes, I do agree that it's personal and differs from a person to another. For me, I prefer games that are competitive and focus on skills and mind games. I guess you are more into games like Dark Souls, which is rich in story and can be played with or against others.

brio

Reaction score
My favorite game is Ultimate mortal Kombat. It even more fun when you are playing tough opponents who are at your level or better than you