• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Favorite Game?

missionreport

Reaction score
Oh, there are far too many good games out there, and it's hard to say which one was my favorite because games offer to each it's own unique experience. I am willing to say that I've enjoyed Devil May Cry and Metal Gear. But the one that really succeeds in atmospherics was Max Payne. It was a very simple game with very saturated and depressing colors that would actually make for a good horror genre when it was actually a 3rd person shooter game with a very strong story.

Torch3d

Reaction score
I would have to say my favorite game so far has to be battlefield Hardline.

BethSztruhar

Reaction score
My #1 favorite game is The Walking Dead from The Telltale Games. I just finished the last episode of season 3 and I can't wait for the new one! I love how it's like a movie, but everything depends on your choices. They have so many scenarios, it's amazing.

lexcion

Reaction score
There's a lot of great games out there but hands down for me is Skyrim. I just love the open world aspect and with mods make the replayability much better so I can play it again and it never gets old. No other game really touched me like Skyrim did.

Mattmattics

Reaction score
I'm a huge fighting game fan. I'm happy we have expanded beyond the Capcom/Street Fighter, Midway/Mortal Kombat and Konami/Tekken engines. The industry seemed to die once developers stopped making good fighting engines. Because of that, my favorite game has to be the Naruto Ninja Storm Series. To me, they all are built out of the first games engine with tweaks added to each game. The engine isn't super complex it's actually rather simple but in that simpleness, it can get quite complicated.You can play like the youtube/pro gamers and win or find our own path. It's really up to the gamer. As long as you know the basics you can enjoy the series on your own level. The matches can get super competitive and the cut scenes really add a level of intensity.

Beautiful

Reaction score
My all time favorite game is Grand Theft Auto 3. I assumed that was the game that changed the whole culture of video games pushing the envelope to the trill of an open world environment letting your characters activities direct the stream of the game. I spent hours when I initially played that game, never at any point doing a single mission, simply having an awesome time. Driving around and exploring the world of Liberty City was mesmerizing!

Cauohashi

Reaction score
It's hard to pick just one favorite game, but now I'm playing a lot of Minecraft and right now this is my favorite.
I also really like League of Legends, but I'm not playing much lately.

BeardedMamba

Reaction score
Probably Counter Strike, from Half Life to Global Offensive. I like FPS games, and this is the only one that I didn't get dizzy from. I get dizzy with other FPS like Battlefield. Counter Strike is definitely fun, especially when you play with your friends.

Mr. Kiborgue

Reaction score
My favourite game is league of legends, every day that passes by they make it more and more enjoyable to play..
With new champions and new items.. Every month is something new, not to menchant tha patches!

overcast

Reaction score
I think FEAR and the Silent Hill are my favorite. I also played a lot of resident evil versions. And for me those games were good enough on horror and game flow. The stories of these games were addictive enough for me to go back and play them. Some of the nice games like FEAR and Silent Hill series makes me in energetic mood these days.

Neiltarquin

Reaction score
World of tanks... And im planning to buy a new laptop because my old one is like 12 years old.

Denis_P

Reaction score
I'm so indecisive when it comes to this because there are a whole bunch of games from back in the day that I still return to because I love them so much. But if I had to choose a single one it would be Super Mario World. First off it has the honor of being the first game I ever played, so that instantly gives it a Top 5 spot. But then just when I think about the great pixel art, the cheery music, and the fun and lighthearted gameplay, I have to give it my number one spot.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
Definitely Skyrim for me. Might not be the best Elder Scrolls for the hardcore Bethesda fan, but for me it has a great balance between the graphics and the gameplay. The story is amazing too, yes I know, I'm an extremely special snowflake but still, can't deny I enjoyed every single bit of being the special guy there. I remember crying when the dark brotherhood was killed, I tried to heal astrid sing my healing hands but she still died. I also love the cthulhu-esque vibe of Apocrypha, it's both creepy yet at the same time satisfying to look at.

StolenKid

Reaction score
My favorite game of all time would be Half Life 2. It's outstanding in every way, even though the game is from 2004, the graphics still amaze me, the gameplay it's very unique with all the physics mechanics, the character development, I'm really in love with the lore of the game, oh, and the soundtrack was just so good.:yum::yum:

AntwanCeja

Reaction score
I know it is going to sound stupid/dumb/boring, etc.. but I don't care. I have always liked to play a racing game called PGR4 for XB360. It was such a great game. I obviously have a list of all the games tht I like to play, but this one is for sure one of the most loved games I can call.

SerSlavos

Reaction score
My favorite game is Mass Effect, period. The original trilogy of course. I can't run Andromeda on my PC so I skipped it for now. But from what I've seen, it's pretty shallow. And I don't think it can outrun the original trilogy. The original ME had a lot of good characters, great soundtrack and the story is astonishing. Everything about it is nearly perfect. It has its own flaws, sure, but everything does. It grew on me quickly and since then, no other game was that close to me.

AnthonyB

Reaction score
My favorite is probably Soul Calibur II. If I'm going by how fun it was to play, I'd have to def go wit SCII. I was probably in middle school when I played it heavy. I had it for GC, so my favorite character to play with was Link. I wish I could go back to those times. I didn't have many responsibilities... Such simpler times lol.

Rayne

Reaction score
I'm one of the Witcher 3 fanboys. This game has by far the best graphics I've ever seen and the story is also up there with the best. I loved the fact that my choices mattered in the long run, they might not have been world shattering changes but they were fun and you could notice them. The combat was lacking but the rest of the package made up for it.

jelleh

Reaction score
My favorite game is CS:GO! I like it a lot because it's very well made and I always enjoy playing it. I have only bought the game recently, so I'm still a bit of a newbie, but I still love it. However, my most played game is minecraft. I have been playing that since I got it for my birthday years back and I still check it out occasionally. It's just one of those games that I keep coming back to I guess.