• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Favorite Game?

Pixie06

Reaction score
The best game that I have played is Commando 2. I was so addicted to this game that I wanted to finish all the levels quickly. At a certain point of time I started looking for cheats too but then I decided that I wanted to win the game not by cheating.

EJ Burg

Reaction score
Okay. I'm playing a amazing campaign in Mount & Blade now. I keep going back to this game year after year and I have to say that it's my all time favorite game.

mare.e

Reaction score
Still to this days I enjoy World Of Warcraft the most, but recently played GW2 and Tera and no had no complaints at all. I did enjoy the combat system of both a lot, is so very different from WoW and i liked the fact that is it Open World as well that scales down woth your level, something that can be seen in laster WoW expansion, Legion where each of new zones scale with your level 100-110. WoW lore is something that no game has near it and that is why I am so crazy about.

WarVet

Reaction score
I have to say my favorite game of all times is Metal Gear Solid 3. It inspired me in my childhood in such a manner that i started practicing martial arts and smoking cigars when in turned into an adult haha. The story is very well made (Despite all that banter about MGS story being confusing which it indeed is but MGS3 story is fairly easy to understand). Also the graphics and controls are great. I j feel no other game has had such a lasting influence in my life as this one had.

Monopolo

Reaction score
I really love old RPG games, specifically from the 90s, this is why my favorite game is Chrono Trigger. I just love the graphis (With Akira Toriyama as the character designer <3), Crono not saying anything (besides one final!), keeping Magus alive, the history and the side stories, the multiple finals, the music, everything!!!!
When nostalgia hits me hard, I like to play the game with an emulator in my laptop (I never had an SNES ='( ), and when I'm not playing it, sometimes I still play the OST in youtube; that's the level of my love for this game.

SpitfireMase

Reaction score
My favorite individual game is probably Overwatch. It's just so fun and has tight, polished gameplay with varied characters and interesting situations. Other class-based arena shooters tend to be very fun, as long as they have snappy controls like Overwatch.

My favorite game is different from my favorite series, which is a series of games that matters more to me (this sounds lame, I know) because of its role in my development. When I was growing up, I loved the Metal Gear Solid series, and even though they're flawed, they have very smooth gameplay and made me consider lots of philosophy when I was a kid, which helped keep me grounded as I transitioned into adulthood.

Dan bers

Reaction score
I'll pick FIFA 17 for this one. Fifa has been a favourite for a long time now, and I believe it's not only for me. I tend to think it's because the gameplay is not fixed, you plan your strategy and execute. Its multiplayer feature even makes it fun to challenge friends. Fifa on top:sunglasses:

hermessantos

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Max Payne. I like the 3 games, but the first one is without doubt the best. I really like the scenery around the game and all the mystery and Max going after the criminals in different places. Without a doubt Max Payne is the best game I've ever played.

thart

Reaction score
star wars battlefront 2 for playstation 2. man that game was a life saver for those of us who probably werent privileded enough to have stable connection at the time. so fun no matter if you are playing drones, troopers, jedi or sith.

Neo

Reaction score
My all time favorite will definitely be Uncharted, all of them! Me and my brother used to play all day! Also guilty (not guilty) for still playing the pokemon classics everyday- LeafGreen, FireRed, Platinum, Red, Blue, etc.

pioneerauthor

Reaction score
I actually play all sorts of games online and offline, and, sincerely find most of these games interesting. Anyway, I still consider the game of ludo as one of my favorite games, although this is not the only favorite game I can talk about.

hermessantos

Reaction score
For me it is very difficult to choose just one favorite game title, because I have played many good games in particular.
Currently my favorite game is World Of Warcraft, but my list is extremely extended.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Witcher 3 for me. The story is incredibly vast, and you get to explore the locations and the story in your own pace, while taking on monster contracts when you want. I have never seen a more perfect game; from the tutorial area to the final moments. The DLCs add large amounts of gameplay time and replay value; and the developers are great with free DLCs to give us extra custom skins and some side quests to boot. 10/10 would play again.

thart

Reaction score
Witcher 3 for me. The story is incredibly vast, and you get to explore the locations and the story in your own pace, while taking on monster contracts when you want. I have never seen a more perfect game; from the tutorial area to the final moments. The DLCs add large amounts of gameplay time and replay value; and the developers are great with free DLCs to give us extra custom skins and some side quests to boot. 10/10 would play again.
Ohhh interesting, maybe i will try this game soon

AnthonyB

Reaction score
This was my Bday gift to myself back in 04.

I legit played the sh*t out of the demo disc of Tselinoyarsk that I got out of PlayStation magazine for a whole month right up until I brought this bad boy home. I was so happy to see what would happen after opening that door in the brick building at the end of the demo.

Still to this day my favorite Metal Gear game.

AnthonyB

Reaction score
The whole Elena and Nathan getting married or engaged and then divorced or breaking up all off camera really killed the game for me. Plus I found the story to be not as interesting and tense as the 2nd.

The ending is also on par with the best in the business. Up there with my personal favourites as the original, an in my opinion ONLY, Transformers movie, Xenogears and Final Fantasy VI. Honestly it ended on such a high note that clearly I could only be disapointed with Uncharted 3.

Also as probably has been heavily addressed, I really hated Jason Statham / Cutter in Uncharted 3. More along the lines of things happening off screen; who is this person? Why should I care for him?

The game mechanics and engine are absolutely better and the MP is better because of it - but the story is subpar to the 2nd one, and arguably on par with the 1st. Heck, Golden Abyss in my opinion had a better story.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
My all time favorite will definitely be Uncharted, all of them! Me and my brother used to play all day! Also guilty (not guilty) for still playing the pokemon classics everyday- LeafGreen, FireRed, Platinum, Red, Blue, etc.
I played Pokemon since Yellow, but stopped after Emerald. I felt like it was overloading with Pokemon, and they release new ones yearly, expanding the ever lengthening list of Pokemon throughout the entire series. Now there's genies, time traveling Pokemon, Pokemon from another dimension; I felt like they made so many that the creativity and uniqueness of the characters were diminished, and it was only going to get worse from there.

WildSpirit

Reaction score
Considering that I have many favorite games, it would be extremely complicated (and unfair, to be honest :relieved:) to have to choose only one game as my favorite, so... I won't choose any. However, one of the games that I play most often is Pokémon GO.

I simply love that game! :sunglasses:

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Considering that I have many favorite games, it would be extremely complicated (and unfair, to be honest :relieved:) to have to choose only one game as my favorite, so... I won't choose any. However, one of the ones I play most often is Pokémon GO.

I simply love that game! :sunglasses:
Is Pokemon GO really that great? I thought it was just walking around town catching Pokemon. Can you battle with them? Can you trade? Do you have to face Gym Leaders and collect badges? Or is it just fun for you because of the exploration and walking aspect of the game?

WildSpirit

Reaction score
Is Pokemon GO really that great? I thought it was just walking around town catching Pokemon. Can you battle with them? Can you trade? Do you have to face Gym Leaders and collect badges? Or is it just fun for you because of the exploration and walking aspect of the game?

Yeah, Pokémon GO is an amazing game (and I'm not saying this just because I'm a cartoon fan :sunglasses:)!

Well... For me it works as a complete package. But I think the most intelligent / interesting idea of the game it's precisely the surreal interactivity that the game offers its players. I've never played anything like this before.