• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Who uses a laptop for gaming?

Neiltarquin

Reaction score
I still use my laptop to play games. I'm very comfortable using it. Controls are much better. I don't get the same feeling if i use smart phones or tablets. I tried playing world of tanks with my smart phone. Aftet 5 minutes i just deleted it. It's just not the same.

Ipa07

Reaction score
I hate laptop for gaming. First thing I need a mouse to be able to play FPS. Also gaming laptop costs more then gaming pc with same components. Only thing is you can carry laptop to your vacation for example but I don't need laptop on vacation.

EJ Burg

Reaction score
I shifted to laptop use when I started moving around a lot. I will say I do miss my desktop PC (oh what a beauty it was) but after I got used to gaming on my laptop I'm actually loving it. If my room gets hot I just go sit outside for about a half an hour with my laptop because that's how long my laptop battery holds up while gaming then i'll go inside again and go on. That sort of portability you can't replace for anything. last year I even played a bit of skyrim on the bus when I moved again haha how convenient.

littlestar

Reaction score
I think desktops are generally way better for gaming but if you only have a laptop, it'll do the job for one or two games.

Makef0rt

Reaction score
I have laptop at home. And though playing games on laptop is painful. I still do it for many reasons. I have found that playing laptop and gaming is not that bad. Though some of the games are better performing on the console due tog graphics options. I think consoles are better but due to financial issues, my option currently is limited to the PC. I'd switch if I had the funds though.

Gaming on consoles is "better" only because the games have been set that way. Games are made to fit the current console hardware and not to be an overkill, that is why you get more FPS. It is not always the case, but that is how it goes. As for PC, you can abuse those limits and push the gaming far beyond what consoles can handle. A good example for this is skyrim. Not just because of good mod support that PC offers, you can push graphics way beyond. Add ENB, combine it with SweetFX, download 4k textures and parallax mods and you will have a magnificent time playing it. On consoles you just can not push it over the limit like you can on PC.

BeardedMamba

Reaction score
I use my laptop for gaming, I'm fortunate because my laptop can take heavy resolution games, it's i7 4GB ram Nvidia GT540. Problem is the overheating though, so I need to buy a laptop cooler to fix the problem.

Pixie06

Reaction score
I don't really use my laptop or computer for gaming. Before I got my first PlayStation though I was using my computer to play most games. Nowadays I use my PlayStation only. I find it much easier to use.

SerSlavos

Reaction score
When it comes to gaming I prefer the regular PC with good specs. Since you can always change a part or two when needed. Laptops nowadays are made pretty good, with good specs also but still, you can't change much besides RAM or so. But my brother has a laptop that is way much better than my PC at the moment so it is also fine. And of course, the monitor. But you can connect your laptop to the monitor it's not that of a big deal.

StolenKid

Reaction score
I use my laptop for gaming, but I prefer my desktop PC, my laptop never had failed me in gaming so, I don't see a problem with gaming on a laptop.

astroroid10293

Reaction score
I used to use a laptop for gaming, but then I found out that many of the games that I wished to play could not run on such a low graphics card. Like you said, the laptop overheats often when playing some high CPU demanding games. I ended up building my own PC so that I could enjoy games requiring more of the graphics card, and prevent my laptop from turning off from overheating.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
I do T_T. It's not the best... at all, but it's the only device I have right now. My specs aren't so bad, I've seen worse, but it's definitely not good either. I can still play some of the latest PC games however, thanks to constant GPU driver updates by Nvidia, I started from 15 fps on Metal Gear Solid 5 and am now currently on 30-35fps which is pretty much playable.

Denis_P

Reaction score
I've actually been gaming on a laptop for about two years now, and I have pretty much zero complaints except that it gets kind of hot during intense gaming in the Summer. I was originally going to build myself a gaming rig, but last minute I ended up moving overseas from the states, and because of the weight limits on luggage and such, a heavy gaming computer wasn't an option, so instead I used the money to buy an Asus ROG gaming laptop. It's been a real trooper so far but has been slowing down with each new release.

Soon I'm actually going to have to start playing games at 30 FPS! Oh the humanity.

WarVet

Reaction score
I only have my laptop so it's all I use. It's an ASUS. To be quite honest I cannot complain. I does what it's supposed to quite well and I can recall only a couple of games that I wanted to play but was unable to. ASUS is a quality brand for gaming.

missionreport

Reaction score
Honestly, I'd rather play games on my phone instead. My laptop's not meant for gaming and the games on the windows store are crap so when I'm away from home, I pay more attention to my smartphone and download free apps from Google Play Store.

Gladdy

Reaction score
I don't use my laptop for gaming. Only my desktop computer. Even if I wanted to use the laptop it would be impossible. It is probably over 10 years old - I think it doesn't even have 1GB RAM so the only game that I could play on it would be solitaire :)

I just didn't bother replacing it or upgrading because I have always spent the majority of my gaming time just playing the games on computer or console. I really love to have a big wide monitor, a nice mouse and a keyboard of my preference. I don't enjoy using the laptop keyboards. Maybe it is just because I am used to it.

Sino989

Reaction score
I use my laptop for gaming. I don't have the most powerful laptop my any means but my laptop does a pretty good job at being able to run games at the frames that are needed.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
We have a laptop in the house that one uses for gaming. It's not as good to be quite honest, and for nearly $600 a laptop should at least do a little bit of gaming. This one heats up quickly, has compatibility problems, and has a small screen. I'd rather have my PC any day. The keyboard and touchpad are terrible too, so we have to get the laptop a PC keyboard and mouse, plug it in, and THEN you can use it normally.

megaman93

Reaction score
I use a laptop because I am in college and it was hard to fit a desktop. Then I managed to dual monitor with my laptop, so gaming was a little easier for me. But I gotta say, my laptop gets so hot when I play games. I think desktop, if possible, is always the way to go.

jelleh

Reaction score
Getting a good gaming laptop is very hard, and it'll cost ya! A good one lies around 900-1200 bucks and that's without modifications. So no, I use a regular PC for gaming and a laptop for... sitting on my lap :p