• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Who uses a laptop for gaming?

TsuyoyRival

Reaction score
I use a good portable computer from Asus, with a nice graphic and memory ram. I can play almost every game here, but I just don't need to overheat the pc with random games i don't enjoy. I'm a LoL addicted player eheh

Laibrown

Reaction score
Yeah, building a PC is definitely better than buying a premade PC. With a custom-built PC, you get to tailor the hardware to your specifications and to your budget.

Building a PC is also cheaper than buying a premade but you'll need to have someone who knows how to assemble it!
Yes right I get this, and you already gave me insight into how to go about the custom pc. Before I was considering building my own custom made pc, but my worries is that, how economical correct is building pc to buying a ready made computer. And my second worry is that can I actually get professional to help me assemble it or can do it by myself.

thart

Reaction score
For me i prefer to use my desktop for gaming and the place i feel comfort to play is inside my room.

DAVID EJIKE

Reaction score
I use laptop for gaming after my PC packed up and ever since then I've not really considered changing or fixing back the PC. The flexibility and mobility laptop offers to gamers is somewhat an advantage over PC. I go with my laptop virtually all trips i embark on and within my relaxation hour, i cool off with one or two games depending on my strength. So Laptop offers me that extra touch PC won't afford me.

reginafalange

Reaction score
I used to play some game on my laptop a couple of years ago but I stopped as my laptop started to overheat so I could end up causing a big damage. I don't think is recommendable to play in laptops with low specs for the safety of your device.

WarVet

Reaction score
I use laptop for gaming after my PC packed up and ever since then I've not really considered changing or fixing back the PC. The flexibility and mobility laptop offers to gamers is somewhat an advantage over PC. I go with my laptop virtually all trips i embark on and within my relaxation hour, i cool off with one or two games depending on my strength. So Laptop offers me that extra touch PC won't afford me.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I used to study in a different city so a laptop was a must for all my travel necessities. Now I moved back with my parents so my laptop became basically stationary. But still, i wouldn't trade to old fella. It doesn't travel nearly as much as it used to but there is no price to being able to work on the run.

SpellBound

Reaction score
I game on my laptop mostly cause I'm not at home most of the time. Playing games continuously had a bad impact on my laptop though. The battery died within 3 months, some keys on the keypad stopped working completely, dust accumulation is intolerable and finally it's affecting my other works for which I'm supposed to use the laptop for (Hehe still worth it). I leave all those heavy games to the PC rig, the ones that are unplayable at ultra settings on my laptop. Yeah it's either ultra or nothing ;D

sephyr

Reaction score
I prefer playing on the desktop since it can handle graphics intensive games at much lower prices. I do play on my laptop sometimes but only for the older games. I use my laptop for work so I can't really stress it too much.

wizrocker

Reaction score
Me i usually play in my laptop at night. while in the morning its my desktop.

goldlady

Reaction score
I prefer consoles, to be honest. But still, sometimes I like to go back playing on PC. I usually go for my old PC, but when I am traveling or something I also like to play on my laptop. If you have a good mouse... it works!

James Arthur

Reaction score
I prefer using my desktop because it is much easier to upgrade and I have much more say over how I design my desktop.

peachpurple

Reaction score
There are a lot of people that are a lot mobile and away from home, so they don't have a desktop PC. They still want to play PC games, so they play it on their laptop. I for myself don't play a lot of games on my laptop, because it can overheats fast and the graphic card isn't the best. Do you ever use your laptop for gaming, or do you just use the desktop PC to do that?

I use laptop to play simple games that do not require 3d graphic effects. Only desktop pc is suitable to play 3D games that play for hours. Laptop will overheat and system hang when the proccessor heats up and memory ram used up. In addition, I don't play games daily.

djdanilo

Reaction score
When I left of for college, I bought a new laptop, and it had decent configuration. I played games on it for almost 4 years, and I never had any problems with overheating, it still works great and I use it from time to time, but not for gaming anymore. It was a ASUS N56VZ, if I remember correctly.

younes

Reaction score
I am using my laptop to play games. I have a Business laptop. You know, these laptops are not good for playing games. Anyway, I just play the old version of games. I hope that I will buy a very good laptop, as soon as possible. In fact, I prefer playing games on laptop because it seems to me better and at the same time easy to deal with the online games.

Yiskah

Reaction score
Sadly my laptop is weak and old! Although I do still play games on it. Spider solitaire, Freecell and Mahjong are still great to play! It would be nice to get a super loaded laptop for so many reasons not to mention using a laptop the was it was meant to be unplugged from an outlet. Ouch! lol now I'm sad at how poor I am.

Deathisue

Reaction score
I sadly, I live in a country with many difficulties and arming a desktop PC is technically impossible, there it was when I wanted to buy a laptop, it was accessible and I had the money in that time, even dealing with the problems of overheating was a good platform where i can play with somekind of confort, still today i play in a laptop so everything is not so bad.

Jerick Gwapo

Reaction score
I have my desktop and I play there and also I have my laptop. I do play games on my laptop and most of the time, I use my laptop. It is more comfortable and it is portable so I can just play games on my bedroom. My PC is on the sala so my laptop wins. My laptop has good specs so I have not encountered lags at all.

augusta

Reaction score
Desktop computer was used years back because that was just what was available but now I download games with laptop to play,when once the lappy start overheating,I move to my mobile phone.

vinaya

Reaction score
I don't have a desktop computer, I game on a laptop. I have HP Septer laptopn with seventh generation Intel processor. The laptop is has GTX 1060 graphics card.

Muaaz

Reaction score
Yes for some casual gaming I do use it sometimes here and there. As of the last game that I played on my Laptop was Devil may cry 4 which jerked a lot, to be honest, but I tried my level best to at least complete it.