• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Your first online game?

castills

Reaction score
Fiesta Online was my first MMORPG about 10 years ago. I flipped between cleric and ranger. I remember saving lunch money for the Outspark giftcards from 7-11. Good times.

It's now a shadow of the community, a cash grab for the same small, but nice content.

Bayoneutra

Reaction score
Hahaha, I'm not sure if it counts but Neopets was my first online gaming community when I was but a little girl... Couldn't have been older than 10, I think? I adopted an Acara but soon enough I became obsessed with getting a Cybunny and ended up spending its special day in April (forgot when it was) refreshing like it was my last day on Earth. They must be dead by starvation by now, the guilt.

Years after that I ventured onto MU Online for a while, but as everyone around me became obsessed I lost interest and slowly abandoned it altogether. Not sure if it has happened to you before, but with all my friends and acquaintances talking about it, I became over-saturated and got fed up.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Do those multiplayer flash games at newgrounds.com count as online games? I remember doing the games there and they really sucked. But I had barely anything that's even close to a gaming PC back then, so I had to settle with tanks on flash players, as well as having to compete with that one player who apparently lives there, with his high score way above everyone else. It was a fun experience I admit, but nothing beats a real game.

SashaS

Reaction score
As far as I remember it was Minecraft back in 8th grade. It was so strange and surreal, I couldn't believe there was an entire online world inhabited and created by real people. I was hooked. It was on a local server that is long gone and some of my real life friends played on it. It was so awesome meeting and playing with new people, making friends and all that good stuff. I built myself a house, got some money, explored the wild, got into a faction with some friends and so on. It was honestly one of the greatest experiences of my life that still gives me nostalgia to this day. I wish I could relive those moments.

Ferns

Reaction score
First online game was Runescape. I didn't want to register but my friend insisted and I certainly did not regret the decision. I love doing the quests, the dialogues are witty and humorous at times and I like exploring the cities.

timstargraal

Reaction score
Obviously RuneScape. Everyone who was born in my time (i.e. the 90s or maybe even the 80s) probably played it as their first game. I got into it after my friends began to play it and therefore it was my first online game in which I did get into for quite some time and it is pretty disheartening that RS is extremely bad now.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Obviously RuneScape. Everyone who was born in my time (i.e. the 90s or maybe even the 80s) probably played it as their first game. I got into it after my friends began to play it and therefore it was my first online game in which I did get into for quite some time and it is pretty disheartening that RS is extremely bad now.
People make a big deal about that but I never heard of that game when I was a kid. The popular games when I was a kid was Diablo 2, Battle Realms, CS 1.6, etc. No Runescape or whatever; but then again internet was pretty terrible back in the early 2000s, so online gaming might not be the most desirable form of gaming for kids my age, when you had to pay extra to access it in the shops.

overcast

Reaction score
If it's just networked game then I guess unreal tournament was one of my favorite. I also played CS with people from around the world. I guess most of what I have tried online is in first person shooter. And some of the time games like MMORPG like the DOTA and few others. Plenty of chinese games are out there but worth taking interest into.

luispas

Reaction score
Don't make fun of me please :tearsofjoy: my first online game was Facebook's Pet Society. It has its explanation, I didn't have internet when I was a kid until I was like 10 or 11 years old, and my brothers told me about this game and it was really fun for me to play it everyday.

WarVet

Reaction score
My first online MMO was Runescape. Back then my parents were really annoying and I could not play because they thought I'd give my address to some random stranger so, I played in secret. A couple years later I talked them into letting me play Galactic Imperia. It was just like regular Imperia but with Ships and such. I loved that game because I love Sci -Fi but it has been taken down long ago. Does anyone remember it?

megaman93

Reaction score
Maplestory was my first online game. I only played it a little before I stopped and moved onto to play Halo. From there, Halo Custom edition. Good times!

TheArticulate

Reaction score
As far as I can remember, Runescape was my first online game. I played it consistently throughout middle school, until I discovered Steam and the various games available through it in high school. A year or so ago I thought I'd hop back on Runescape just to see what it looked like and see where my character was, but it seemed like I had to download and install a client or something, which kind of turned me off of it. I didn't want to be that committed to the game again.

nickdamon

Reaction score
I'm not so sure this counts, but I played this weird chat game called Avatar Palace or something where you had these little avatars and went around these interactive places. It wasn't so much a game but more of an online interactive chat... thing. I don't know... but I was like 8 and I'm pretty sure I totallyyy shouldn't have been on there at that age... lmao.

Scotty

The One and Only
Premium
Reaction score
My first online game that included other people was Roblox back in 2007, before that all the games I played were single player.

Jack_Dan

Reaction score
I don't exactly remember which game I played first because at that time yahoo games and mobile games were famous. But I can tell you the games which appealed a lot to me and make me a gamer, first is Call of Duty series and Dota. I really love first person shooter games and Call of Duty is still top of my favorite games. I do love other games like Far Cry, Medal of Honor, Battlefield, etc. I really love Dota too because i have lot of friends over there to play with me online.

Ash

Reaction score
Club Penguin was probably my first online experience in a video game.
Club Penguin was my first ever online game as well. I can't even remember how I found it to be honest? Probably just searched "best online games ever" considering I was around 7 or 8 back then.

Back then it was so great for us kids. Almost everyone in my school played it and it did bring a lot of people closer together. I remember, every day after school we would go on MSN Messenger, find a server and just mess around for hours. It's sad that they closed it down. I looked at the new Club Penguin Island app on mobile but it just isn't the same. Even though it has had a graphics upgrade, I don't like it, just doesn't look as nice as it used to.

Scotty

The One and Only
Premium
Reaction score
Scratch that, the first online game I played was neopets. It's like an online virtual pet thing, where you play mini games and stuff. It is surprisingly still around and has been around since 1999. http://www.neopets.com/?mobile=1. Idk if anything has changed on the website or not as I have not played since I was like 5-6. But I'm sure the website is run by furries now since the online pets resemble that of furry drawings in a way.

BeardedMamba

Reaction score
My first online game would be Ragnarok Online. What a game. It was one of the pioneer of online gaming. I played for a few years and stopped because I sucked, and other online games started to popup, and I find myself excel at them. But I still revisit Ragnarok once in a while.

chumzybabe

Reaction score
My first online game played is pet rescue saga, I enjoyed playing this game, I played it almost anytime I was free at work.