• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Your first online game?

arachnophobik

Reaction score
My first online game was a terrible browser-based MMO called Sherwood Dungeon. At the time I liked it so much because it was the first time I've played an MMO and it was in the third person (I used to dislike the isometric view/top-down view of some MMOs). But the first MMO I ever took seriously was Arcane Legends. It's a mobile MMO that I started playing casually until I made friends and took it more seriously.

Joshmoy

Reaction score
My first ever online game was volleyball. Its on my mobile phone. I wasn't really a fan of playing online till I needed coins to use for my game. It was really fun and most of my opponents end up forfeiting the game which means more coins for me.

kgord

Reaction score
Gee, that was a long time ago. I think one of my first online game which I still play once in a while, although it is kind of silly was Angry Birds. It is just a game that has always had a lot of hype. Candy Crush too was an early game that I played. I still play that too once in a while.

Laibrown

Reaction score
Well my first online game is league of legends, more so it happened to be a multiplayer game this got me technically glued to the game. It goes beyond gaming for me it's more like a social interaction. Because I can connect with players from different part of the world and we discuss like we have known each other forever. I mean it an awesome feelings it got me so obsessed to the game well till I could get a new obsession anyway. But it's an excellent gaming experience.

appleandcinnamon

Reaction score
It has to be Ragnarok Online. Man, I used to spend 16 hours on that a day as a teen. Maple Story was in the cards too and was a smash with everybody else my age but the basic, overly sprite-y graphics and animations turned me off. I remember selling Poring and Bongun eggs to prospective pet owners.

TheArticulate

Reaction score
My first online game was a terrible browser-based MMO called Sherwood Dungeon. At the time I liked it so much because it was the first time I've played an MMO and it was in the third person (I used to dislike the isometric view/top-down view of some MMOs). But the first MMO I ever took seriously was Arcane Legends. It's a mobile MMO that I started playing casually until I made friends and took it more seriously.
I used to play Sherwood Dungeon in middle school. It was huge in school because our district gave us our own laptops to take home, and everyone was on the lookout for new games they could play on them. Someone found Sherwood Dungeon and it just spread like wildfire from there. Funny how that works.

The same things happened in high school, too when Minecraft was at its peak. One of my friends brought a downloaded copy that we could install on our laptops and it spread all across the school from there. Crazy.

Zeyad

Reaction score
My first online game would probably be Poptropica. I don't know if it is that well known but it all started during school when one of my friends introduced me to the game and all the aim of the game is, you design a character and travel to different areas and find objects to try to solve the mystery and gain points.

DudeInCorner

Reaction score
My first online game was World of Warcraft, when I was about 8. I had just bought the Burning Crusade battle chest when it had come out on a total whim, I didn't even understand that WoW had a monthly subscription back then. Suffice to say, I had the time of my life playing that game for the first 40 days. Later on, when Wrath of the Lich King came out, I came back to the game and have not stopped since. My subscription has got to be up there with the oldest running subscription to WoW.

zeedollar

Reaction score
Am not actually a fan of online gaming but i think i play spider first online, i prefer to just stick to my PC or console games. but these days online gaming has really improved with some good multiplayer games out there.

The Fezz

EMT/Firefighter
Reaction score
First Online for me was TF2.
Was new to steam and didn't want to buy any games(Yet). So, I played a LOT of TF2 and slowly expanded my collection of PC games.

StolenKid

Reaction score
My first online game was MU, I remember I was obsessed with it, then, after a few years I played Gunz: The Duel which also obssesed me, I was very deep down with those games.

Wolfparttimer

Reaction score
I'm not really sure :screamcat::screamcat::screamcat:

When I was a kid, I played a freaking high number of online games :tongueclosed:

But I think that my first online games were Haboo Hotel - Gunbound - MU - Rakion (maybe).
On those times, I used to go to a chat room and play with my school friends, whatever game was on the HOT list hahahahaha. Haboo Hotel and Gunbound were kind of boring for me, I wasn't really into those games, Rakion and Mu were another story (A fun one of course).

rockandgreen

Reaction score
My first online game was on Notdoppler. Oh, those were the days. I remember playing the particle simulator Dust, that was pretty fun as well.

ZXD22

Reaction score
I think my first online game has got to be Platform Racing 2. It was an old flash game multiplayer stick racing game and is still around today. Was created back in 2007 and used to have a lot of users online at the same time but now barely 10 people are on which is sad.

Soulwatcher

Reaction score
My first online game was Everquest in June of 1998. That month and year is drilled in my brain forever because that's when my mmorpg addiction started. And I have been addicted ever since! I am still addicted to them and the only difference between then and now is. Now I just choose not to play them. The second I start playing a mmorpg ill be on the PC at least 10+ hours.

Khalil A

Reaction score
My first game is Dofus ! Such an addictive game that ruined my teenaging period ! No girls, no parties only Dofus !

yaorice

Reaction score
I can't even remember what the first one was (after Gaia online and Neopets of course...). I played a lot of Flash Flash Revolution, and then I remember a good few months spent on Lunia and Maplestory too during one summer. I remember loving Lunia the most out of all of them!

surlaw

Reaction score
I think Neopets was my first online gaming experience, and I still play it sometimes. :sweatsmile: You just can't beat your first love, even in gaming.

I also vaguely remember playing a ton of games on the Barbie website. I remember there being nail and makeup games, babysitting games, fashion games... pretty much what you would expect from the Barbie website. I played so many browser-based minigames, too. Anytime we'd have access to the computer lab at school, that's the first thing I would do.

peachpurple

Reaction score
Mine was a single person shooter game, MIDI Maze back in 1980s, where I started to work in a computer shop. It was a 3D Multi-player shooter game

fishmonk

Reaction score
My first ever online game was Ragnarok online. I remembered discussing my characters back in school. Those times were awesome.