• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Your first online game?

SharaElyse

Reaction score
My first online game was Team Fortress 2. I only started playing it because a friend of mine said it was a good game. I really thought it was fun even though I wasn't any good at it. I enjoyed going into the fields that was sort of like capture the flag. I usually stuck with playing the flamethrower since it had an area of effect that would annoy people who were stalking me.

lexinonomous

Reaction score
The first online game that I can actually remember playing is Guild Wars. I had never gotten into a video game that involved other players until I picked it up. An online friend of mine suggested it to me and I fell in love with the idea of playing with other people online. It was short lived, though. Nowadays I'm not a huge fan of playing online, unless I'm playing Dota 2. I'm big on team playing, but just joining in on people's missions and such isn't my thing.

Kaitara

Reaction score
If we don't count MUDs or MUCKs (which were definitely games in their own rights), uhm...Furcadia? It was basically a MUCK but with graphics. Also, furries. :dead: It was kind of boring as the only things to do in it besides chat were build your own "dream space" with a number of predescribed objects. I never bothered doing that.

After that, it was Asheron's Call, and playing the Pokemon TCG with people on an IRC channel through a client developed for Magic:TG.
I had some fun times online when I was younger... some fun, questionable times o_O

BulletBiter

Reaction score
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Multiplayer, if you can consider it a game of its own. Had lots of fun with it and had my own little server, too. I'd spent countless hours on it and met some people that ended up being my best friends even years later (this was back in 2011, mind you). I haven't really played it in forever, but I'd like to get back into it.

Honeymoon

Reaction score
My first online gaming experience came from a game called Gunbound Online. I don't think most of you have even heard of it, but it's very cute and I thoroughly enjoyed the game. I think I played it for a year or two before moving on to the next one. It's a turn-based multiplayer game from Korea. The gameplay is very, very similar to Worms. There are 16 mobiles you can choose from.

Gunbound_mobiles.png

Every mobile has their own strength and weakness, and the strategy and gameplay for each of them is vastly different. Raonlauncher, Aduka and Boomer are generally considered to the strongest mobiles in game, with most players believing that Raonlauncher is severely overpowered. Armour, JD and Kalsiddon are generally considered to be the weakest. Personally I like A.Sate the most though. I'm the best when I'm playing it.

There are two hidden mobiles that you can only get when you pick Random, one is a fire breathing dragon with insane damage and the other one is a knight mobile with a fiendishly powerful special move.

Dang, writing that made me feel really nostalgic. I remember playing playing it with my brother (he was actually the one who introduced me to the game and kicked off my online gaming journey).

Patrick

Reaction score
RuneScape Classic circa 2000. I didn't think it'd be near as fun as it was. I met a lot of cool people and eventually they all moved on to other games.

Pyrlia

Reaction score
I actually just started playing my first MMO a few weeks ago (don't judge me), Path of Exile. I'm told it isn't a great representation of the genre, but I'm really enjoying it so far!

Dowls

Reaction score
I was an insanely late bloomer when it came to online gaming. My very first online gaming experience was Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 on Xbox 360 it seems like I couldn't have picked a better game to start on and I've not looked back since then.

I was over at my friends house and he introduced it too me, I was blown away by the fact I could play versus 11 other players from all around the world and even speak to them. Then there was the progression, who doesn't love progression? Although I've got to say that most of the good guns actually were given to you at the lower levels and the fact you could complete lots of challenges and track your global stats was insane. Fair to say I spent my summer playing Call Of Duty MW2 on Xbox live.

Damien

Reaction score
Late bloomer as well, I remember back in 2011 I got C.O.D. 4 Modern Warfare, and I never played it online. When I did, I got crushed. Modern Warfare was one of the best games that I played, and it was extremely hard to kill other players being new at the time.

Now I think I'm pretty good, I have done a great job with getting awards, etc. I felt like it was something new to master, and I did. At the time I got my first apartment, and internet so I played all night. I didn't think that playing online would be any different from campaigns, but I was wrong and it's super fun.

Casiox

Reaction score
It's quite crazy to remember my first online game was an MMORPG named MU Online, it was really amazing, it was love at first sight when I first played that game back in the days when I still used to attend to cyber cafes, I actually played it for a very long, long time until I finally got bored of it and decided to move on with my life, it's really nice to remember your old gaming times, indeed.

Steamroller

Reaction score
My first experience with online game was with both Mu Online, Counter Strike,Gunbound and Rakion. Everybody on my classroom were playing these games, although counter strike and Tibia online were
the most popular out there. Never played Tibia though, seems like a simplified ripoff of Ultima online.

rz3300

Reaction score
Well I have to say that I actually quite disappointed with myself for not really remembering this as well as I would have thought. I am really not sure here. I want to say that it was one of the FIFA games, where you could use the online feature to update players and things like that. When it comes to playing online, I would have to guess that it was Halo, and I think that is right because I remember being amazed by it. Thanks for sharing, and reminding me of my slipping memory.

AnonLu

Reaction score
As I'm younger, Star Wars Battlefront on the PS4 ^.^

Kitty Reeves

Reaction score
My very first ever online game was probably Runescape. I played with my friends, but eventually got bored and stopped playing after about a year or so. It was a decent MMO for the time, though it seems like it looks just the same now, which is a little strange.

missionreport

Reaction score
Well mine was Ragnarok online. I was only in gradeschool during that time and it was such a sensation that I remember spending by the hundreds in order to continue playing. The game has its own charm, and it's not the kind that you easily get tired of. I'd welcome the idea of playing this game all over again if given the chance. It was just that good.

Atropia

Reaction score
My first online game had to either have been Gunbound, AdventureQuest(BattleOn), or Neopets. They kinda came close to each other!

Referal

Reaction score
Counter Strike game it was my very first game

izacuson

Reaction score
My first MMO game was Aion from 2009. Aion is what made me fell in love with the beauty and the concepts of MMO in general. The fact that you get to create your own character, have your own story, make your own choices and more. It's like you are in the game yourself, fighting mystical creatures from galaxies and realms no other human being has ever heard or kept in mind of. Video Games is a beautiful invention.

AWPEK

Reaction score
My first online game would have to be a 2D game called Adventure Quest Worlds created by the Artix Entertainment. I would enjoy the XP grinding to stay at the current level's they often released. I would work every day to acquire all the quest items for the ''Juggernaut of Nulgath item'' quest which offered really cool looking items. Also, it was because of Adventure Quest Worlds that I would often find ways to earn money online since there was a special membership feature which cost money. I believe I had spent around 350$ worth of money on the game and an additional 70$ on their merch in order to get the collector online items that came with it. I stopped playing the game after 2015 since I was sick of the constant original contents they would release every week and I also was starting to get interested into Counter Strike Global Offensive. Remembering that game truly does bring back some good childhood memories.

Hux

Head Forum Admin
Reaction score
Think it was Call of Duty: Modern Warfare when it first launched on PC back on the release year. That got me heavily into gaming,