• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Your first online game?

Tokami

Reaction score
My first online game was Maplestory. I got hooked on it when I was in 6th grade and remember when I couldn't wait to get home just to play it. Even now when I'm about to be a sophomore in college I find myself playing it fairly often whenever I have time and I still enjoy it a lot. It's so cute and simplistic but also has a slightly dark storyline for some of the characters and even after all of these years, the game hasn't become "Pay to win" because most things you pay for are cosmetic.

Empire

Reaction score
For me when I was back in school and played Halo, Paintball and Age of Empire's. It was going thought the school lane network with others in the room and then I moved into the world with Halo and BF2.

As of today I spend to many hours on GTA5 :p

Tronikart

Reaction score
I love that people also had Maplestory as their first, I remember login in every day, I didnt do much, didnt get far and by the time, my english was really limited so I didnt understand much. But man did I enjoy it, even making mistakes and all it was fun, I recently went back and its all changed, there are a lot more classes with more options, it was fun.

Clara1993

Reaction score
my First Online game was Oh Do I even recall but I think It was A Bubble shooter Game, Then later I started to Play car Racing Games With other Online Players It was and Still is Entertaining :)

gkillian

Reaction score
Surprised to see only a couple of mentions of Runescape. I don't know exactly when I started - probably around 2002 or 2003, it was definitely Runescape 2 - but my family had only recently gotten dial-up Internet and we had a particularly garbage computer that couldn't do much else. I had a fair amount of fun with it; I even made a friend that paid for a subscription for a while, as I recall.

Maplestory is a close second, as another of my friends made a post about it and it looked incredible (I thought it was much closer to a side-scrolling action game than it actually played as). I wound up getting a computer for that Christmas in 2004 specifically so I'd be able to run it.

Hux

Head Forum Admin
Reaction score
Mine was probably club penguin, if that even counts lol. Other than that my first major multiplayer experience would have been Call of Duty: Modern Warfare on PC back in 2007

Salamander Man 2

Reaction score
My first online game was Halo 3 on Xbox 360. I really enjoyed that game when i played single player and my father had xbox live but when i got my own account i played it even more because of online multiplayer.

Mya

Reaction score
My first online game was SocioTown.

Gray

Gray
Retired Staff
Reaction score
My first online games where Roblox, Club Penguin or there was also this old Star Wars online CW game that I used to play all the time, one of those three are the firsts I played.

Fordo

Reaction score
The very first time I planned online was actually on the PS2 in Call of Duty 3. The multiplayer was awful. Then I got an Xbox 360 and live; so the first time I enjoyed an online game was Battlefield: Bad Company 1. Real shit.

Makef0rt

Reaction score
I believe it was RuneScape for me. The old one. I used to spend so much time playing it, grinding, trying to survive in the wilderness. Eventually I quit and moved on. I wanted to give it another try few years ago, but it just does not feel the same anymore. Be it the new version or classic one, I guess that RS period for me has just came to an end.

Javo1096

Reaction score
I think it was one of the firsts Counter Strike games that I used to play a lot with a bunch of strangers in a cyber cafe around the year 2003 but one of the most memorable experiences with early online gaming that I had was with Gunbound, I got so addicted to that game I used to play it for 8 hours a day. It's a little bit sad to see that it has become pay2win.

Sino989

Reaction score
My very first online game was Call of Duty 4. I was pretty young and I was also pretty bad the game, lol but to me it was and still is one of the best Call of Dutys made and I am very glad that they remastered it for newer consoles.

SerSlavos

Reaction score
If I can recall correctly, besides counter-strike, I think it was Battlefield 2. It was a lot of fun, I played it with my other 3 friends and it was very good, until it went down. After that I played some co-op games like Left 4 Dead but it isn't really a true online game so. Played some MOBAs as well, like LoL, SMITE, HotS, Dota 2...

MLF

Reaction score
I'm dating myself, but my first online game was BBS door games like LORD - Legend of the Red Dragon. For those of you youngsters that never got to enjoy the BBS days, you'd dial into a BBS with your modem and you make posts on the bulletin board, download files (very, veeeery slowly) or play games. With the games, especially the "multiplayer" games, you were allowed up to 5-10 moves per day.

Aaah, the glory days.

msyukionna

Reaction score
My very first online game is Neopets! Any oldies who can relate??

My first MMORPG is MapleStory. I played the South East Asian version of it and I was addicted to it for more than 10 years! I tried playing MapleStory Global last year but was just sad to find that black market currency sale, bots and hackers ruined the game. :sob::sob:

kenoobie

Reaction score
My first online game is Ragnarok Online. The game was addictive and the sprites look pretty and colorful. I played like a minimum of 3 hours a day because the game is a grind. It was also competitive as there were guild wars twice a week. Over time the lack of updates and appearance of bots really made me lose interest in the game.

ValX

Reaction score
My first ever online game, I think, is an FPS ( First-person Shooter ) game that became super duper famous in my country at that time. It is called Point-blank. I think it still exists. It was my first ever experience on playing online games and doing teamwork and all those goodies, and I used to lose a LOT and cry.