• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Your first online game?

Smokey

Reaction score
What was the first online game you ever played? For me it as Phantasy Star Online on the Sega Dreamcast back in 2001. I remember thinking how awesome the experience was that I was playing a game with 3 other party members who were real people. :D

NecroWolf

Reaction score
Not counting MUDs (multi user dungeons, text only gaming from way back) the very first game I played online was Half Life around 1997. Once I figured out there were other games you could play I played it and Quake 2 for years though on dial up it sucked. Once we got broadband in 2000 things got a lot better. :)

Jessi

Reaction score
Hmm, I'm not sure.

I remember playing a lot of Yahoo Games at the school library early on. I'm sure I played a bunch of single player card games and then maybe things like Spades or Hearts with other people. I spent a lot of time playing Yahoo Pool for a while, too.

My first MMORPG was some game called....I want to say something like Dark Ages, but not that.

James

Reaction score
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare was my first online experience.. before then, online gaming never appealed to me.

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
Well, if your talking multiplayer I'm going to have to say the original star wars MMO. Not the one that is out now, there is an older star wars mmo called Star Wars Galaxies. It was a good fun game, until they f'ed it up.

Esperahol

Reaction score
The first MMO sort of game would be something called Ogame. Other than that I played on a lot of gaming sites - like Newgrounds and the like. NSFSOW was kind of my thing at that time. The funny thing is that at the time I discovered online gaming as a thing I loaded up on many of them - Ogame, Adventurers, WoW, etc and so forth. At this point I don't do much gaming online now. I've just sort of fell out of it.

Zerth

Reaction score
Mine was this Pokemon game(TPPC), don't play it anymore, sucks.

igloostick

Reaction score
I think my first online game was Phantasy star 2 also! My brother use to play it with his friend and I would always watch and think it was so cool. So I started to play myself, I wasn't really good at the game but it was really fun playing and making my character all pretty haha. :x3:

Shole

Reaction score
Warcraft III and Call of Duty 2 ( The old 2 ) those were my first online games :D

Brandon

Admin
Administrator
Premium
Reaction score
I think my first online game was Phantasy star 2 also! My brother use to play it with his friend and I would always watch and think it was so cool. So I started to play myself, I wasn't really good at the game but it was really fun playing and making my character all pretty haha. :x3:
Theres a pso online for pc i play it if you want we can play it together :D

Antique Beast

Reaction score
My first online game was probably Everquest. I remember going to a friend's house on his little tin can of a computer and booting it up, and sucking so bad at it even though there was a nice guy in game that was trying to help me learn it. I only played it for that one day when I was visiting, but I had a fun experience and I think it stayed with me into the present.

I love MMO games and I'm always looking out for new games to sink my time into. Lately, though, nothing seems to really grab my attention and hold it for more than a week.

RivaCom

Reaction score
My first online game was probably Everquest. I remember going to a friend's house on his little tin can of a computer and booting it up, and sucking so bad at it even though there was a nice guy in game that was trying to help me learn it. I only played it for that one day when I was visiting, but I had a fun experience and I think it stayed with me into the present.

I love MMO games and I'm always looking out for new games to sink my time into. Lately, though, nothing seems to really grab my attention and hold it for more than a week.
Love me some EQ, but I think my first Online games were actually Diablo and Duke 3d.

Brandon

Admin
Administrator
Premium
Reaction score
Habbo in 06 i was 11 years old at the time then went to mycokestudios but it died :(

Martin

Reaction score
Club Penguin was probably my first online experience in a video game.