• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Who Even Plays Their Nintendo Wii?

JoshSucksAtGames

Reaction score
There's a wii in our living room that we still play with every once in awhile. Occasionally, some family members will come over and we'll get drunk as fuck and play Wii Sports (mostly bowling). Shit is fuckin' fun yo.

lexinonomous

Reaction score
I finally accepted that I was never going to turn on my wii and play. I sold mine about two years ago. Throughout the entire time of owning it, I had only picked it up to play a few of the Super Mario games. Other than that, the wii went unnoticed. I started to feel like I was leading it on and setting it up for heartbreak, so I decided to break up and let it move on.

Kaitara

Reaction score
I played all the time when I still had mine (it's in another state for the moment). One game I'm horribly addicted to that makes me kind of glad I don't have it right now is Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King. A downloadable game with some extra fluff DLC, it's a kingdom-building micro-management game and it's extremely hard to put down once you get going in it. You play as the king of a country and start building up your castle town while setting "behests" for adventurers (white mage, warrior, black mage etc.) you recruit into your employ. They go out and do all the fighting, while you make nice with the townsfolk and build stuff with the materials they bring back. I absolutely love that game...

Can't forget Okami, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword, Chocobo's Dungeon, Warioware, Mario Galaxy... there are so many great games and I find the wii controller so fun to use. I never want to give up my Wii XD

acheno84

Reaction score
I actually play mine all of the time. I love the Just Dance games, Wii Sports, and Wii Fit. My wife and I feel that we've developed Tourette's Syndrome from playing Mario Kart thousands of times and getting hit by the God forsaken blue turtle shell of doom. It's fun though. I have lost a ton of weight just playing Just Dance for a few hours. It goes by super fast, and on some versions you can keep track of your sweat points, which makes it a really fun challenge.

Dame6089

Reaction score
I don't play the Wii very often, but that is mainly because I have a Wii U. There isn't much of a reason to play Smash Bros Brawl when I have Smash 4, which imo is a much better game. If anything, the most my Wii U gets used nowadays is when I have friends over who want to play some Wii Sports. Also, having some Wii classics like Martio Galaxy on the Wii U virtual console is another reason not to dust the Wii off.

Steamroller

Reaction score
I have a plentiful library of virtual console games installed in my Wii. Since they are readily available there I just plug in the Wii and connect my gamecube controller to enjoy some Nintendo undying classics like Zelda,
Kid Icarus or Metroid games.

rz3300

Reaction score
Well I will say that we do have ours kind of close and ready to go just in case we feel the need to play the Wii Sports games. That is about it though, and to be honest that does not happen all that often. It did really not last that long when you think about the other consoles, but that Is just the way things go sometimes I suppose. Maybe it will make a comeback, but probably not. Thanks for sharing.

EntropiaAddict

Reaction score
I love my Wii still. The Zelda games, Metroid, Trauma Center, Mario Kart, and Super Mario Bros games all get some of my playtime still. Plus, I downloaded some of my old favorites from when I was a kid onto the console from the Nintendo eshop, and those still get played by both me and my kids. We have more or less moved the kids up to the Wii U, but I still pull out the Wii and use it quite a bit.

fcuco

Reaction score
I not only play Wii still but play the game that came with it: Wii Tennis, probably the most fun game of all time to play with people. When it came out I thought that it was addictive because motion sensors were a fad back them, but no, turns out that this game was not just a demo for this motion sensor gimmick technology, it was a legit fun game, as a testament of that I still play it almost 10 years later and counting. The Bowling one is also fun.

AnonLu

Reaction score
I moved on to the Wii U since I can still play all my Wii games on there.

Malachi

Reaction score
We picked up a Wii for the kids for multiplayer games like sports and such. It was a hit. we really appreciate the games like Just Dance and the exercise games as well. The kids use it mostly for Super Smash Brothers, Zelda, and Metroid games. I prefer older consoles for those games, I don't get the controller like they do. It just has too many buttons.

DylanRowan

Reaction score
I still play my Nintendo Wii but only on Sundays because I left it at my grandmother's house. Since she has no internet, I cannot play on my PC which I mostly use for online gaming. It's a very fun console and certainly eliminates all boredom I have.

abonnen

Reaction score
I use my wii's mostly for streaming tv (like netflix, hulu, and amazon prime) I do have some older games downloaded from the wii store that I play sometimes. However I have the same games with the original gaming systems so I tend to like to play those instead.

TakKovacs

Reaction score
I think I use my N64 more than I use my Wii these days. There really weren't that many replayable games for it to me. Bowling and tennis are fun with friends, but I'd rather just bust out the Mario Kart 64 over the newer one. Maybe I'm just old. Or lazy,

pwarbi

Reaction score
I bought a Nintendo Wii when they first came out, and I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised as I've never really been a huge fan of Nintendo so wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was. Sadly though, after only a couple of month the novelty wore off a bit and I started to remember exactly why I had never been keen on them in the past. I think the Wii was always going to be popular because it was the first console to implement that different type of controller, but that was really the only thing that was good about the device, and once you had got used to that, the rest of the package was disappointing in my opinion.

Kamarsun1

Reaction score
I know that the only reason I bought a Nintendo Wii was to play Smash Bros and Mario. Though, even that isn't enough for me purchase a Wii. I have my Nintendo Wii collecting dust in the closet now and still wondering why I bought it. Who here still plays their Nintendo Wii?
I don't play the Wii anymore, we have two of them sitting in the closet. it was coo when it first came out, but it got old fast, and I didn't think the Wii U was worth the money so we skipped that system the Switch looks cool, but I'll wait for the price to go down, and watch more reviews on the switch, I use to love the SNES and the 64 back in the day tho.

gkillian

Reaction score
Skimming the thread, I'm surprised nobody mentions using it for Gamecube games - maybe I'm just a product of my time, but after the old Gamecube's disc drive gave up the ghost, keeping the Wii around was paramount for a Pikmin, Wind Waker, etc. box.

I will admit that I didn't have whole ton of Wii native games I enjoyed a whole ton - my most vivid memory is an argument with a friend about directions in Twilight Princess We didn't know at the time that the Wii version and Gamecube versions were flipped from each other so that Link would be right-handed when you were using waggle controls to swing your sword.

Hux

Head Forum Admin
Reaction score
I started playing mine again for a while a couple months ago, mostly on Wii Sports but my rabbit chewed through the sensor cable and I couldn't be bothered to buy a new one..

tiasmai

Reaction score
My kids play the Wii U all of the time. I use it for netflix only. Mario Bros. games are the only ones they play. I'll play with them on occasion. My son thinks he's Mario so that system gets lots of use. Now that I purchased a Roku I don't even use it for Netflix so the system is basically useless to me now. If they play it, it's not a complete waste of money. I'm selling it the day they stop playing it. I'll put that money toward a new game for rhePS4!

Sino989

Reaction score
I used to play my Wii with my brothers and sister a lot when we first got it but now it's just kind of sitting there. Occasionally, when my older sister comes over we'll all play Life on the Wii because we always have fun playing that game.