• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Who Even Plays Their Nintendo Wii?

Boxcube

Reaction score
I think the Wii is the best system to own, personally. It plays the best games, (gamecube) and is the ultimate party system. So I keep the family happy with the motion games, and then I am happy with the hardcore gamecube games. F-Zero GX owns me! So hard...

athena02

Reaction score
I do. I am actually on my third playthrough of Fragile Dreams. It was one of the best games I had ever played (second to The World Ends With You on the NDS), and even now I still enjoy it. I also play Wii Sports now and then with my siblings when we are bored.

RUTHLESS

Reaction score
I think the WII has become a children's game. I know it started off as a children and adult game, both. But maybe because of their game selection or the controllers in general adults moved on. Now the children have their very own systems.

gadin210

Reaction score
I recently bought my gf a Wii mini. She loves it! So we still play the nintendo wii. Its a classic

ato2000

Reaction score
I recently bought my gf a Wii mini. She loves it! So we still play the nintendo wii. Its a classic
Is the mini worth it? You can't connect it to the internet, so you can just play games that you have on disk. It looks better than the normal Wii and I really like the top-loader. I think it's a great console for children, but besides that I don't see a reason to get it?

gadin210

Reaction score
Is the mini worth it? You can't connect it to the internet, so you can just play games that you have on disk. It looks better than the normal Wii and I really like the top-loader. I think it's a great console for children, but besides that I don't see a reason to get it?
It really depends on your situation. We have an Xbox one. Smart tv. 2 laptops. 2 smartphones.

So we have no need for the wii to be on Internet connection. We can just you Netflix on the Xbox or something along those lines. So it really depends on how you want to use the wii. We use it to play games. That's it. And if that's okay with you, it's worth it.

RUTHLESS

Reaction score
It really depends on your situation. We have an Xbox one. Smart tv. 2 laptops. 2 smartphones.

So we have no need for the wii to be on Internet connection. We can just you Netflix on the Xbox or something along those lines. So it really depends on how you want to use the wii. We use it to play games. That's it. And if that's okay with you, it's worth it.

I definitely have times when all I want to do is play games. I just don't feel like talking to anyone else, which is the main reason I play online at all.

gadin210

Reaction score
Me. I love my wii. Me and my girlfriend love to play it together. I love to just play games, even though some are childish, if you really are a gamer, you will enjoy the childish mario games just as much as the violent CoD games.

Zalaria

Reaction score
I wish I had Smash Bros Brawl (or even a 3DS for the new smash game), but yeah I use to play the crap out of my Wii with Mario Galaxy and Monster Hunter Tri. It's a bummer the servers got shut down though, I had so much fun playing with other hunters online.

Michael

Reaction score
I sold my Nintendo Wii because I just got tired of it and I don't have enough space to play in my room. I find their YouTube feature quite hell and wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole. I remember in the good ol days where I would play Crash Bandicoot till I pass out.

deltachi2012

Reaction score
I still have a wii, I rarely play just because there arent many titles I still enjoy from nintendo, I play smash bros and wii sports for the most part. I used to play some of the mario games, but I got super tired of all the mario releases :p

I sold my Nintendo Wii because I just got tired of it and I don't have enough space to play in my room. I find their YouTube feature quite hell and wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole. I remember in the good ol days where I would play Crash Bandicoot till I pass out.

was there ever a crash bandicoot on wii? I just played the PS1 version lol

Michael

Reaction score

Patrick

Reaction score
I still have my flashed Wii that I play all the time. It feels a bit more "authentic" to play all my old SNES, NES, N64 games on my Wii vs my PC.

deltachi2012

Reaction score
I still have my flashed Wii that I play all the time. It feels a bit more "authentic" to play all my old SNES, NES, N64 games on my Wii vs my PC.

I planned on doing that, but never got around to purchasing the "old school controller" not sure what its technical name is, so I just never played any of the old games. Although I miss Donkey Kong country and Mario Bros.

Sharon

Reaction score
I used to have a Wii. I really enjoyed playing Wii Fit and Wii Sports. I actually really think that Wii Fit helped me get into shape. At the very least it made me aware of my status as far as weight goes. I remember playing the hula hoop challenge and the tight rope. Eventually though it just started collecting dust so I ended up selling it to a co-worker of mine.

niightwind

Reaction score
Not me. I've actually been considering just going ahead and selling my Wii since there's really no use for it anymore. All the Wii console games that have been coming out recently that interest me are for Wii U, which I can't afford right now. Overall there haven't been a lot of games that have interested me coming out for Wii aside from a few games that I got through fairly quickly and then didn't bother with anymore. The only real benefit at this point to bothering to keep it would be for Wii Fit, but even that I don't really use. There are better games for the 3DS in my opinion, and it is less of a hassle for me to play on there since our new house doesn't have room to keep the Wii hooked up, and I'd have to plug it all back in again, use it, then store it again.

I guess that's all a matter of opinion though, since I'm sure there are people that prefer the games that have been released on Wii to the games on 3DS. But for me, there's just no use for the poor game system now.

lamanlupa

Reaction score
Me and my lovely wife bought the Wii so we can use it as a means of entertainment for the kids, especially during family gatherings like birthdays. We got it just for the Just Dance series of games. It is still a hit with our two year old daughter and her cousins. Sometimes, me and mt spouse use it as well, I play the Beat 'em Ups, she plays the Zumba and Just Dance games. We are happy with our Wii.

utneqo7d

Reaction score
Me and my lovely wife bought the Wii so we can use it as a means of entertainment for the kids, especially during family gatherings like birthdays. We got it just for the Just Dance series of games. It is still a hit with our two year old daughter and her cousins. Sometimes, me and mt spouse use it as well, I play the Beat 'em Ups, she plays the Zumba and Just Dance games. We are happy with our Wii.

This is a great example of how a Wii can and should be used, not as an addicting console where kids learn all bad words and rage all day, but something casual with fun for the whole family and real relaxation instead of wasting your time on consoles like the PS4 playing call of duty. Just Dance is indeed a great game, a friend of mine celebrated his 18th birthday and a few of our friends played just dance but instead of raging against each other, wii games make you laugh and have fun.

It's a good thing Nintendo is still around making fun games.

nisskrystal1982

Reaction score
I used to have a Wii but I sold it. Once I got a Kinect the whole point of me buying a Wii went out the window. I would never buy another, it just wasn't that cool anymore.

SharaElyse

Reaction score
I use my Wii a lot. I have some workout games that I play daily. It's a fun way to stay in shape and the activities accommodate my time schedule if I need a shorter work out. I do have some other games like Resident Evil and Tales of Symphonia. They are a little more difficult to play on the Wii after playing them on the GameCube.