• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What I hate about pc gaming

RedVelvetCupcake2009

Reaction score
This isn't a hate thread in anyway. More of a 'what people need to know before switching to pc'. So last year I made the transaction from ps3 to pc. I'm my opinion the best decision I could of made. So I built my own pc etc etc. I love pc gaming. However, in my opinion it is addictive. Not the gamino but for some reason, me and all the people I know on pc are always looking to make their setup better. I am always looking at bench marks, deals etc. I also look at leds and desk things. I am constantly upgrading when I don't need to. On top of that, I feel it makes you less healthy. Now I know consoles are beginning to have more digital games but what consolers gamer doesn't have a stack of games. Well on console you have to at least get up and go to the games to chage them. Whereas on pc you just click a few times and on pc you find yourself sitting for longer periods without moving. Now there are people who take breaks every two hours amd move about but if your playing an immersive game you won't want to do that. Anyway that's all.
It makes me feel like my PC isn't good enough. I always feel like I have to be on end for the latest laptop with the latest specs. It makes you feel really insecure. That's for sure. I am also wondering if the gaming laptop I buy in the future will be worth the money. I even feel like my desktop isn't good enough. They are not gaming laptops or desktops, to be fair, BUT I am always on edge. I also feel unhealthy. I sit near my laptop for hours and hours a day. I don't take baths in the morning and until the evening. I feel gross and it makes me shudder.

Pixie06

Reaction score
I don't usually play PC games anymore. I used to and can totally understand your point. I am more on the PlayStation and well that's addictive too. Actually it depends on the game that I am playing. There are some games that I never get bored of playing. I can spend hours playing them.

m33kuh

Reaction score
What I hate about PC gaming is that the parts are always upgrading like every year or so. And then other games will be remastered or new and improved ones will be out but by that time I am not able to upgrade my computer parts specially my video card and it sucks. :mad:

TheArticulate

Reaction score
What I hate about PC gaming is that the parts are always upgrading like every year or so. And then other games will be remastered or new and improved ones will be out but by that time I am not able to upgrade my computer parts specially my video card and it sucks. :mad:
I've found that higher end graphics cards are generally relevant for several years gaming-wise, unless you for whatever reason absolutely always have to have the strongest GPU possible at all times. For those who aren't familiar with upgrading their systems, I can understand your frustrations with PC gaming.

However, the games I purchased 7+ years ago on the PC are still relevant and playable whenever I want. But when it comes to consoles, I was appalled that the PS4 would not be backwards compatible and I would be unable to play my PS3 games on it, meaning I'd have to reinvest in the exact same games I already owned if I wanted to play them again on the newer console.

WarVet

Reaction score
I've found that higher end graphics cards are generally relevant for several years gaming-wise, unless you for whatever reason absolutely always have to have the strongest GPU possible at all times. For those who aren't familiar with upgrading their systems, I can understand your frustrations with PC gaming.

However, the games I purchased 7+ years ago on the PC are still relevant and playable whenever I want. But when it comes to consoles, I was appalled that the PS4 would not be backwards compatible and I would be unable to play my PS3 games on it, meaning I'd have to reinvest in the exact same games I already owned if I wanted to play them again on the newer console.

This is true. In fact, i find that PCs are much less prone to be upgrade dependent than consoles. My PC is outdated by several years and still, i could run most of the games until a couple years ago. While I agree that PC incentives you upgrading if you really like spending, The effects of the upgrades are much less visible than on console upgrading.

Neiltarquin

Reaction score
That is true... You want more and more and more. That is why i use laptop yo play pc games. You can still upgrade your laptop but not as much as desktop.

WarVet

Reaction score
That is true... You want more and more and more. That is why i use laptop yo play PC games. You can still upgrade your laptop but not as much as desktop.

Same here bro. Also, the versatility of the laptop is what made me chose to buy one. Mostly for university and other related stuff. After 5 years it is still going strong despite the loss of performance.

RedVelvetCupcake2009

Reaction score

That's so ridiculous. This is the same reason why I hated the Nintendo3DS because they completely neglected those that were using the previous versions. I felt like I was left behind while everyone was playing the newest software and I felt like I wasted my hard earned money. You can't backward play DS games on the 3DS either, I believe. Higher end graphics cards are a pain in the behind. It especially stinks if you also edit videos because professional video software uses up your RAM and makes your computer lag. For the things that I do, in the best scenario, having the most up to date graphics cards are essential. I love PC gaming for those reasons you mentioned, however. They make it easy for the consumer because they don't have to worry about how long their video games will last with individual devices. I want to enjoy my games, and not worry about ridiculous trends.

jahanzeb ali qureshi

Reaction score
I don't hate anything about playing game PC. As I feel comfortable to play games on PC rather than a console. They only things creates a little problem as I have to start the PC and it takes much of time as it takes for the console.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
It's somewhat true what you said and it makes sense. But I also find consoles a bit better because you don't have to improve them just to be able to play new games. Which is different when it comes to PC. Anyway I would choose PC over consoles always. And the "addiction" is not such a big problem to me anymore, I play one hour or two a day, and that's all.
It sucks when video game companies decide that they are just releasing their new game on the newer system. Like, your entire console becomes obsolete just like that. For PC at least it's a constant. Only the requirements change. But for consoles to just decide that the new game will only be available in the more expensive system that you don't own, well, you'll just have to find another buyer then because I'm not getting it.

Denis_P

Reaction score
Welcome to the club, just about everyone who builds their own computer feels this way as well. I remember the first time I put together my PC, it came with this phenomenal sense of accomplishment. Well, once it worked anyway. Preceding the sense of accomplishment was fury and rage after being convinced the graphics card didn't work, only for me to realize that I forgot to hook up one of the cables to the power supply.

PC gaming is a real experience and a very rewarding hobby. Too bad I'm currently using a laptop so it's almost no better than owning a console.

Jack_Dan

Reaction score
There is nothing to hate about PC gaming for me but one thing I don't sometimes like that the PC requirements for any individual games. Sometimes you can't play few games because I don't have the requirement for that game. Other than that I never had any problems, and I love playing on my PC.

TheArticulate

Reaction score
Welcome to the club, just about everyone who builds their own computer feels this way as well. I remember the first time I put together my PC, it came with this phenomenal sense of accomplishment. Well, once it worked anyway. Preceding the sense of accomplishment was fury and rage after being convinced the graphics card didn't work, only for me to realize that I forgot to hook up one of the cables to the power supply.

PC gaming is a real experience and a very rewarding hobby. Too bad I'm currently using a laptop so it's almost no better than owning a console.
I was scared out of my mind when I tried to build my own computer in high school. I was afraid I'd buy all these parts and they wouldn't be compatible, or I'd build it wrong and fry my motherboard or whatever. So I went through a company in California and had them build my computer for me and I've upgraded parts as needed over the years to teach myself around.

I'm now in the process of ordering parts for a new build, and I'm excited to get my hands dirty and build something from scratch!

Strelitzia

Reaction score
I'm actually at the point where I have do a completely new build. This PC I'm currently on is gonna be turned into a server and I'm gonna purchase a completely new rig from the ground up. At the time I had this built, it was in the lower tier of the high grade parts meaning that it would last me forever before I had to retire it and use it as a personal server without any issues. It was a couple thousand bucks at the time of build and it's lasted a few years with 24/7 use and minimal upgrades for everything from gaming to work related stuff and it's been through some crap conditions so I got my money's worth out of it for sure.

Scholarkin

Reaction score
I believe some games such as temple run,Candy crush and Zuma are best enjoyed when played on a touch screen phone than a PC. However, there are countless games which you can't play them to the maximum excitement without the PC. Example for me being FIFA soccer games.

WarVet

Reaction score
I believe some games such as temple run,Candy crush and Zuma are best enjoyed when played on a touch screen phone than a PC. However, there are countless games which you can't play them to the maximum excitement without the PC. Example for me being FIFA soccer games.

Yeah, i like a mobile game every now and then but there is just no comparing them to the PC games. In terms of overall quality PC wins hands down. The only advantage of mobile games is being well mobile! I can't recall the number of boring classes I survived thanks to those games haha.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Those touch screen games are much better on tables in my opinion. Bigger screen, you'll enjoy it more. It's also more oriented to younger gamers, so hey, just give the kid a tablet and let him play the games while he sits in the corner. The phone can sometimes be too small, so you can't really appreciate the game outside of small swipes and pokes.

fishmonk

Reaction score
I guess it all comes down to self-discipline. For me, I cannot play the same game for hours unless the game is a multiplayer game. However, I am addicted to multitasking while gaming on my PC. I would be playing some chill strategy game (turn-based) or simulators while watching some television series on the side. A PC is also more prone to upgrades since the technology changes pretty fast unless you are future-proof by buying a PC with high-end specs.

overcast

Reaction score
I think some of the time PC if doesn't have enough RAM then it may lag on many ways. Though there are gaming cards and you can push some of the RAM on that GPU load. But that does not help much with the PC gaming. As you can see that PC gaming is not much good in that case either. So I'd say consoles are better with that.

zeedollar

Reaction score
Lol... One game bores you, you just switch to the next game in few clicks, just close and open a new one. I must agree with you here, there was a time i would sit on my PC for almost 8 hours without moving and it didn't really do good to my health. These days i just set a timer on my screen to remind me when i have used up so much time.