• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What I hate about pc gaming

Scholarkin

Reaction score
Yeah, i like a mobile game every now and then but there is just no comparing them to the PC games. In terms of overall quality PC wins hands down. The only advantage of mobile games is being well mobile! I can't recall the number of boring classes I survived thanks to those games haha.
You really know the thing. Haha.
I used to play games in the classroom too especially when the lessons are boring.
I wasn't caught even once because I'm very smart when it comes to games as such. Lol.
Yeah, PC games give nice pictures and runs faster when you've gotten a huge RAM.

giovanniiiii

Reaction score
One more thing to dislike about PC gaming is that sometimes in online multiplayer games, there is always a cheater. The accessibility to hacks and cheats is much easier compared to the console counterparts of the games. An example would be the spread of cheaters in Grand Theft Auto Online where in modders somehow bypass the anticheat security system of the game, and proceed to make havoc on public servers by spawning planes above them, stucking them inside an object, or even turning them into trashcans. It sounds fun and games until you encounter one yourself.

WarVet

Reaction score
You really know the thing. Haha.
I used to play games in the classroom too especially when the lessons are boring.
I wasn't caught even once because I'm very smart when it comes to games as such. Lol.
Yeah, PC games give nice pictures and runs faster when you've gotten a huge RAM.

Oh aye, we had so many shitty classes that playing games were almost mandatory haha. Every now and then some of the most annoying professors would nag us for not paying attention but mostly it was easy to use the cellphone in class. As a rule of thumb, they took into consideration how much the student was disturbing others before taking an action. Since playing games didn't really bother anyone it was fine.

Soulwatcher

Reaction score
I personally think PC gaming is a blessing and a curse! Yes a good gaming PC is 100X more powerful than any console and it gets great graphics and I think steam has 4500+ games for sale on PC. But that's about where the blessing leaves and the curse comes in.

1# Not all games work well with every hardware setup. 2# The constant need to upgrade! (Unless you bought a $1,800+ PC) 3# Lack of support! Look how long Batman was broken on PC and it STILL has a ton of bugs. 4# 99% of the games out there are console ports and there never going to use all the power of your gaming rig. 5# Most of the new games coming out on PC are indie games. 6# And finally the players are spread thin in most games because there are so many different games to play.

So if none of that bothers you, Then yes PC gaming is great, but just know what your getting into. And as for me I am going to stick with console gaming. Because its a lot less headaches!

Scholarkin

Reaction score
Oh aye, we had so many shitty classes that playing games were almost mandatory haha. Every now and then some of the most annoying professors would nag us for not paying attention but mostly it was easy to use the cellphone in class. As a rule of thumb, they took into consideration how much the student was disturbing others before taking an action. Since playing games didn't really bother anyone it was fine.
Haha.
You are warmly welcomed my fellow classroom gamer .
Yeah, games indeed helped us during those unending boring lectures.

Deathisue

Reaction score
is really adictive the most of the time, is a great plataform but if it consumes you, you are doom, everything is normal for me until valve offers come back, i have like 8 games without finish and for Issues of work, relations and family i dont have the necesary time to finish all, i love play in my pc but sometimes because of that i forget i have a life and that my friend is a problem a big one.

Eggy216

Reaction score
Oh that's awesome, I'm kind of jealous haha. I've never had a professor who was okay with us playing games in class. . .I had one TA who taught a class of mine (in basic coding) who just didn't care what we did, though, and we were basically able to just play games while he was lecturing as long as we were paying some amount of attention to what he was talking about, and were satisfactorily completing assignments.

WarVet

Reaction score
Oh that's awesome, I'm kind of jealous haha. I've never had a professor who was okay with us playing games in class. . .I had one TA who taught a class of mine (in basic coding) who just didn't care what we did, though, and we were basically able to just play games while he was lecturing as long as we were paying some amount of attention to what he was talking about, and were satisfactorily completing assignments.

Most of my teachers were like your last example. Actually, if we come to think of it it makes sense no? As long as we don't disturb anyone else and most importantly don't disturb the teacher there is no reason to make a big fuss about it. At the end of the day the teacher knows (Or should at least. I've met more than a few who had no idea what they were talking about) the content and it is up to the student to take the course seriously or play game haha.

Eggy216

Reaction score
Most of my teachers were like your last example. Actually, if we come to think of it it makes sense no? As long as we don't disturb anyone else and most importantly don't disturb the teacher there is no reason to make a big fuss about it. At the end of the day the teacher knows (Or should at least. I've met more than a few who had no idea what they were talking about) the content and it is up to the student to take the course seriously or play game haha.
Yeah I agree completely haha. There are certainly some types of courses where that kind of approach probably wouldn't work out too well (foreign language courses come to mind, where conversation is key) but in other types of classes I could definitely see an attitude like that being beneficial to the classroom balance and environment.

WarVet

Reaction score
Yeah I agree completely haha. There are certainly some types of courses where that kind of approach probably wouldn't work out too well (foreign language courses come to mind, where the conversation is key) but in other types of classes, I could definitely see an attitude like that being beneficial to the classroom balance and environment.

Yeah unless you are in a military school or in a specific course like you mentioned where attention is 100% required then there is no reason to fly off the handle over a few students playing. The thing with teachers is that some of them need to feel powerful. They suffered so much to get where they are that now they need to make everyone else suffer too to compensate for their own pain.

Laibrown

Reaction score
Me, I just prefer playing with a controller in my hands in general and having a screen at the other end of the room. I just grab the controller, get up and pace back and forth in the room as I try to solve a riddle or something. It generally gives me more of a freedom to move than gaming on a lap top or a desktop, where I habbitually hunch over the keyboard.

Even with a laptop you don't necessarily have to punch with keyboards. You can connect a controller to it and play you game the same way you'd play game box and tv. And it is even more mobile than video game on TV.
But one thing I hate about pc game is the fact that I have to put the screen very close to my face so I can see it clearly. Unlike playing on TV, in which I can put the tv at a distance and yet will enjoy my gaming. I am probably conscious of my eye health but that is just the thing.

Eggy216

Reaction score
Even with a laptop you don't necessarily have to punch with keyboards. You can connect a controller to it and play you game the same way you'd play game box and tv. And it is even more mobile than video game on TV.
But one thing I hate about pc game is the fact that I have to put the screen very close to my face so I can see it clearly. Unlike playing on TV, in which I can put the tv at a distance and yet will enjoy my gaming. I am probably conscious of my eye health but that is just the thing.
Could always try getting a larger monitor, or even a TV with an HDMI input that you use for gaming. The second option is what I do - I have an HDMI cord always hooked up to my TV and only plug in my PC when I want to play a game like Rocket League with a controller on a larger screen, it works wonders for me!

Laibrown

Reaction score
Could always try getting a larger monitor, or even a TV with an HDMI input that you use for gaming. The second option is what I do - I have an HDMI cord always hooked up to my TV and only plug in my PC when I want to play a game like Rocket League with a controller on a larger screen, it works wonders for me!

Yes I have considered this option too. And I am considering getting a big TV with HDMİ so I can connect my laptop with. From your experience what size of screen do you think is good enough for better view.
Although I do consider this option, there is a constraint to it, what if I want to play my game outdoor. I will not be able to carry TV about right. Though I guess there's no more choice but it is just something I don't like about pc gaming

Eggy216

Reaction score
Yes I have considered this option too. And I am considering getting a big TV with HDMİ so I can connect my laptop with. From your experience what size of screen do you think is good enough for better view.
Although I do consider this option, there is a constraint to it, what if I want to play my game outdoor. I will not be able to carry TV about right. Though I guess there's no more choice but it is just something I don't like about pc gaming
I've got a 30" TV that I use, and that's always been enough to me but it's probably up to personal preference to see what's best for you.
As far as gaming outside though, that's a good point. I guess you could take it outside if you had a laptop, but other than that you're kind of constrained with a PC - or any household console, for that matter.

Laibrown

Reaction score
Yes you are right about this, I totally agree with you. Actually I do game outdoor more than I game indoor. But for the sake of my indoor gaming I will consider your counsel on the 30inch. But on a lighter note, that 30 is quite large. But I guess the larger the better right.
I've got a 30" TV that I use, and that's always been enough to me but it's probably up to personal preference to see what's best for you.
As far as gaming outside though, that's a good point. I guess you could take it outside if you had a laptop, but other than that you're kind of constrained with a PC - or any household console, for that matter.

Eggy216

Reaction score
Yes you are right about this, I totally agree with you. Actually I do game outdoor more than I game indoor. But for the sake of my indoor gaming I will consider your counsel on the 30inch. But on a lighter note, that 30 is quite large. But I guess the larger the better right.
Yeah, if I could get a TV that filled up the entire wall of my room I'd be all over that :smile: obviously that's a little impractical and cost prohibitive, though. I kind of like the idea of gaming outdoors, that's something I've never really done. . .might have to take my laptop outside when the weather clears up for a bit.

Kharyode

Reaction score
The main reason why I don't like computer games are:
It reduces the main graphics of the game, and it difficult to operate.

mcbryan

Reaction score
Well, i can't deny that PC gaming is one of the best ways to play games. Gaming on the computer much easier but we can't deny that it has a negative side too. The thing I hate playing on the computer is I can't lie in bed while playing, unlike mobiles or tablet which you can actually play while you are in bed lying. Most of my gaming time is at night because I have work in the morning until the afternoon so all I want is rest and lie in the bed but of course, i want to do while lying. Gaming must be relaxing too especially to those who have a regular job but if you stay playing in PC I believe it's hard to relax that way.

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
What I've always hated about PC gaming is that it's not as straightforward as console gaming. I always have to mess around with both the game's and the computer's settings before I can start playing a game comfortably, especially when errors about missing .dll files pop up. Plus, if you know there's something wrong with the PC you'll stay on the edge of your seat the whole time looking out for freezes. On consoles, instead, I've hardly ever experienced a single crash. I can just sit back and play with no anxieties, which is something I can't exactly afford to do on PC.

Laibrown

Reaction score
What I've always hated about PC gaming is that it's not as straightforward as console gaming. I always have to mess around with both the game's and the computer's settings before I can start playing a game comfortably, especially when errors about missing .dll files pop up. Plus, if you know there's something wrong with the PC you'll stay on the edge of your seat the whole time looking out for freezes. On consoles, instead, I've hardly ever experienced a single crash. I can just sit back and play with no anxieties, which is something I can't exactly afford to do on PC.
Oh you too have experienced an error due to missing file issue. This can actually be frustrating, this makes me hate going for large size games that I will have to download over the internet. There was a time I tried to install a game but I will not play due to miss .dll file. I had to install outdated operating system on my pc to run it.