• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Game you can't stop playing

Catactus

Reaction score
Battlefield 3. I don't get sick of it. Hopefully it will have players for many years to come!

niightwind

Reaction score
HuniePop. I don't know why but that game is both stupid and totally addicting. I came into the game expecting to play it for an hour or two for a few laughs (seriously, that game is ridiculous) but ended up putting over 30 hours in. The conversations are way over the top, the whole plot is cliche as hell, and it is more of a parody than an actually game, but I had so much fun. The Bewjewled gaming style in it really beats the pants off Candy Crush, too; I had a lot of difficulty with some of the later levels, even though I'm ashamed to admit it. Really fun, though. That's probably the part that makes it most addicting.

The game doesn't really have an end point, either, so it kinda keeps you wanting to go on until you've either gotten all the girls in bed, or until you've unlocked all the hairstyles, outfits, etc needed for a 100% complete rate.

xpictoc

Reaction score
Two games I can't stop playing:

• ARMA III Breaking Point - A mod similar to DayZ but more polished with interesting gunplay and a wide variety of maps to try. Can't stop playing it with friends as we always have so much fun running around looking for trouble.
  • Hearthstone - I prefer arena where you generally don't play with and against conventional decks. Tavern brawl also has a lot of potential but so far it feels underwhelming.

deadbroke

Reaction score
At the moment the game I can't stop to play is League of Legends.. It's not really addictive as after 2 or 3 matches I get bored but the next day I feel like "lonely" if I don't play it. It's like a "soft" drug where it's not really invasive but you can't still get it away from you completely. Also the social part of LoL is really cool as coordination is a fundamental part of it and chatting on TS is really really fun, especially if the interlocutors are nice!

zanderlex

Reaction score
One game that I can't stop playing is One Finger Death Punch, the first time I played that I played for 4 straight hours and in just one week played for more than 30 hours combined.

angrychicken

Reaction score
League of Legends is horrible addictive. I've been playing for four years straight with little to no breaks and it seems that I'll be playing it constantly. It's hard to stop playing with all the new characters they release and all the balance changes. In a few patches it's almost as if it's a whole new game and new champions get back into the rotation.

Pvt.Skadouche

Reaction score
For the past few months I have been weirdly addicted to Sid Meyer's Civlization (V and Beyond Earth). I have been playing for hours on end, and have only managed to finish a handful of games. An entire game takes more than 12 hours and that's in quick mode. The multitude of scenarios provide hours of game play. Its repetitive and strangely addictive. I have sacrificed hours of productivity because of this game, and I still cant stop playing it.

Sylar

General Manager
Reaction score
Haha I hear that! I've only played one game, and not even in its entirety, and it took 9 hours. I'm terrible at Civ V too, but I was playing with a bunch of close friends who went easy on me and made the entire game really fun. I haven't played it in a while, but I might see if my friends want to play another game soon! :p

Dabstin

Reaction score
HuniePop. I don't know why but that game is both stupid and totally addicting. I came into the game expecting to play it for an hour or two for a few laughs (seriously, that game is ridiculous) but ended up putting over 30 hours in. The conversations are way over the top, the whole plot is cliche as hell, and it is more of a parody than an actually game, but I had so much fun. The Bewjewled gaming style in it really beats the pants off Candy Crush, too; I had a lot of difficulty with some of the later levels, even though I'm ashamed to admit it. Really fun, though. That's probably the part that makes it most addicting.

The game doesn't really have an end point, either, so it kinda keeps you wanting to go on until you've either gotten all the girls in bed, or until you've unlocked all the hairstyles, outfits, etc needed for a 100% complete rate.

HuniePop was an amazing game :p It really was addicting and I couldn't stop playing it for two days straight, I even neglected my sleep. But after 20 hours I felt it was pointless to continue, especially since the dialogues with the characters keep getting repeated over and over again. Their personalities felt genuine and interesting at first, but the more they repeated old dialogues the less real they felt and the more bored I got.

Anyway, in my case it has to be Osu. I started playing this game 3 years ago and I still can't stop playing it. It's a rhythm game. Check it out, it's much more awesome to experience than what it looks like on videos. :p The better I got at it the more I wanted to play it. The learning curve is quite steep.

Kaitara

Reaction score
Final Fantasy XIV, I'm always playing it trying to get achievements and level my characters.
But as for a non-MMO game that I couldn't put down, it's definitely Skyrim. The more there is to do in a game, and the more engaging it is, the harder it is to stop. These games that build whole worlds for your character to inhabit are the bane of my existence because I'd RATHER be living in them! So I tend to spend way too much time playing and not enough time on my real life :( Skyrim is the epitome of an offline wonderland full of so many things to do you'll never get bored. Add in mods and it's even worse!

Honeymoon

Reaction score
Civilization V. The game truly is magnificent. I didn't think they could top Civilization III (which was then topped by Civilization IV, but I doubted them anyway), but they did. I loved the strategy aspect of the game; in fact, it's one of a game's biggest selling point for me (strategy), if I'm being honest. It's always exciting to try to reach a certain goal with multiple players literally around you - some stronger, some with an advantage, some weaker, some at disadvantage - but random nukes are always fun. Not so much when you get them, but fun regardless.

lexinonomous

Reaction score
The only game on PC that I play regularly is Dota 2. I can't seem to tire of the game. I like that every single match is different. There are a different set of people and you can choose a completely different character. The players can make it frustrating to play at times, but that's the wonderful part about the mute button.

Sk3tch

Reaction score
I'm gonna say Terraria. It's a kind of sandbox RPG, people have called it Minecraft in 2D but that's a bit unfair, it's so much more than that. It has so much to do, so many items to collect, and so much stuff to craft. I personally am about to pass 600 hours on the game. Every time I finally get a character to the end game gear I end up making another character and starting the process all over again with a new class or a new world. It's like an addiction.

kaiserflame

Reaction score
Don't Starve. I like how brutal that game is. Tra-lala building my awesome fort 276 days in. GADAMIT GIANTS STAY AWAY FROM MY FORT! GAH! MY FORT IS DESTROYED! *rage quit - deletes save file - starts over*

SirJoe

Reaction score
Civilization V. The game truly is magnificent. I didn't think they could top Civilization III (which was then topped by Civilization IV, but I doubted them anyway), but they did. I loved the strategy aspect of the game; in fact, it's one of a game's biggest selling point for me (strategy), if I'm being honest. It's always exciting to try to reach a certain goal with multiple players literally around you - some stronger, some with an advantage, some weaker, some at disadvantage - but random nukes are always fun. Not so much when you get them, but fun regardless.
I'm with you, even though I know that Civilizations IV is going to come out soon I just can't stop playing Civilizations V.

Corzhens

Reaction score
When our office was being restructured, I was part of the task force that handled the safekeeping of the computers. Some staff in our group who had nothing to do were allowed to test programs and you can guess that some of the were playing. Anyway, I joined the fun during lunch break. I liked Counterstrike because of the interactive nature. And although I rarely won, I had to admit that I enjoyed playing it. But with NBA, that's lots of fun that I couldn't stop playing even when the lunch hour is over, I would continue playing when the boss is not around.

TheArticulate

Reaction score
Don't Starve. I like how brutal that game is. Tra-lala building my awesome fort 276 days in. GADAMIT GIANTS STAY AWAY FROM MY FORT! GAH! MY FORT IS DESTROYED! *rage quit - deletes save file - starts over*
Fantastic game! My friends and I will grind Don't Starve Together occasionally, and it's always a blast. I'm so glad they finally implemented a multiplayer feature to play with your friends.

I'd say the two games I can narrow myself down to are League of Legends and Payday 2. I think it's because they're also multiplayer, so I can hop on with my friends and just have a good time destressing after work. (If you can call playing League of Legends de-stressing...)

Atropia

Reaction score
As of recently, the game I could've get enough of was PLAYERUNKNOWN:BATTLEGROUNDS which is very popular among the streaming community alongside being just very fun in general.

Hux

Head Forum Admin
Reaction score
As of recently, the game I could've get enough of was PLAYERUNKNOWN:BATTLEGROUNDS which is very popular among the streaming community alongside being just very fun in general.
My friend from university has this game and says it's insane! I'm looking to purchase soon but at the moment I'm playing Rocket League again.

Referal

Reaction score
Habbo hotel I used to play it but stopped should i re play it again?