• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Favorite Game?

Westbay

Reaction score
My favorite has to be Grand Theft Auto series most especially Grand Theft Auto V I have lots of game put if I was in a dilemma to make a choice between the other games and GTA I will definitely go for GTA the game has this grace around it, its a project that was carefully created each time I see the game I just pray for Rockstar all the time GTA is the best open world game ever made and the most amazing part is they were able to input a regular man's everyday life into a game which makes people adapt to it so quickly. Grand Theft Auto V is amazing and it's my favorite game.

streettallest

Reaction score
My favorite game is Minecraft. I have been playing it atleast twice a week for the past 1 month. it is so exciting that i dont think am getting bored any soon. Although the game need some feature addition.

fishmonk

Reaction score
My favorite game is Minecraft. I have been playing it atleast twice a week for the past 1 month. it is so exciting that i dont think am getting bored any soon. Although the game need some feature addition.
Minecraft is an excellent game.I used to play this for hours daily with my friends. Are you playing online ?

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
My favorite game right now is the Sims I'm playing it and I love it
I loved the Sims as a kid. But growing up, I've always felt that the Sims (even the sequels) was a bit too small for me. Managing one house felt too boring, so I went to a city building game. I'm currently playing Cities: Skylines, and it's basically Sims but instead of 1 house and 1 person being simulated, you simulate thousands of homes and people living in them. Really fun and as your city gets bigger, you will have more to manage.

Aubrey Cana Laine

Reaction score
My all-time favourite goes to Final Fantasy VII! The nostalgia, the gameplay, the characters... I love it all so much! There’s just something about this game that makes me want to play it all over again. Coupled with the hype of the remake, I’m so excited to experience it again — this time with outstanding graphics and voice actors!

Blaine019

Reaction score
My favorite game would be DotA 2. Since I'm a kid I have been playing DotA 1 (warcraft 3) and will always be my favorite.

Pink_Turtle

Reaction score
I’m an old school girl so I’ll say I really like Mario! Anything with Mario in it will be fine for me. I really like simple games with simple graphic designs. I find the other kind a little overwhelming to me, they make my eyes really tired really soon, and then I just can continue playing them. So I’ll say less is more for me.

surlaw

Reaction score
I really love games with a visual novel sort of feel. Magical Diary, Long Live The Queen and similar games are my favorites, just because the art style is so cute and it's a really casual game. I love games with a story that is both easy to follow and super interesting, and I find that visual novel-type games always do this the best. I guess the difference between the sort of games I'm talking about and an actual visual novel are just that there's a pretty high level of strategy involved.

For example, in Long Live the Queen, there are so many potential endings that there are FORTY EIGHT steam achievements! You've got to try everything to get them all, and I love that about the game. To get the ending you want, you really have to think strategically. This strategic thinking, though, doesn't take away from the simplicity and cuteness of the game. Love it!

JoeMilford

Reaction score
I guess I sound like a broken record here, but, once again, I have to sound in about Skyrim. Maybe it is because I need to play more games, lol, but I still have not exhausted my enjoyment with this game. My friend keeps telling me I should play Witcher, but he is afraid I will disappear forever if I delve into that sandbox...

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
My all-time favourite goes to Final Fantasy VII! The nostalgia, the gameplay, the characters... I love it all so much! There’s just something about this game that makes me want to play it all over again. Coupled with the hype of the remake, I’m so excited to experience it again — this time with outstanding graphics and voice actors!

What did you think about FF15? When I first saw it I thought they looked more like a boy band rather than adventurers on a fun quest. They look all gelled up, wearing all leather, and talking about wedding dresses. So far from the old Final Fantasy games.

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
I really love games with a visual novel sort of feel. Magical Diary, Long Live The Queen and similar games are my favorites, just because the art style is so cute and it's a really casual game. !

Long Live the Queen doesn't really belong in the same sentence as casual, lol. It might be cute for the art style, but it's surprisingly hard! There are a lot of random factor, stat check in various events, and if you don't exactly what to do and what to study each day to assure you a good ending, you'll surely die young.
Probably by chocolate.

Ash

Reaction score
Has to be Grand Theft Auto. I don't think I dislike any of the games in the series after and including Grand Theft Auto 3. I just like how you can do whatever you want whenever you want. There are no rules or missions that you have to do to progress in the game. I mean doing missions will help you out as it gives you cash but when you get the game out of the box, you can drive around for a bit if you wanted to. I know that it's not true with the latest GTA, Grand Theft Auto V as you have to do the prologue mission and the race with Lamar, but after that, you're totally free to do whatever you want. You have the freedom to explore the whole map and that is why GTA is my favourite game

Frank

Reaction score
It's really hard to nail down, but I guess like everyone I'll say GTA series. And no, I won't say a particular installment because I loved them all, but with each generation, I always thought GTA offered the best mix of story, game play, and world building. Every game is similar yet has a distinct flavor to it. Think of the difference between Vice City and San Andreas. They're essentially made with the same engine, released a year or two apart, but feel like two completely different games. To tell you the truth, I wouldn't mind a Vice City based game on GTA V engine, but I don't think they want to release so many games so soon.

Tania997

Reaction score
My favorite game is Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. That game was amazing under every single aspect, and the subsistence version made it much more enjoyable with the camera fix. The story was full of unexpected things, even for a big fan of the series like myself, and the ending just makes you cry. It is too bad the saga didn't continue as expected, with 4 being more cutscenes than gameplay and 5 being kind of rushed/unfinished. But Snake Eater is still a masterpiece, and playing it without triggering an alert was also a hell of a challenge.

Aubrey Cana Laine

Reaction score

What did you think about FF15? When I first saw it I thought they looked more like a boy band rather than adventurers on a fun quest. They look all gelled up, wearing all leather, and talking about wedding dresses. So far from the old Final Fantasy games.

I have never played it, but I think it looks promising. Though it’s a bit awkward because, as you said, they look more like a boy band, I still would like to play it if I have the chance. I love the look of their summons, after all!
However, I do also agree that it’s far from the old Final Fantasy games.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
My favorite game is Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. That game was amazing under every single aspect, and the subsistence version made it much more enjoyable with the camera fix. The story was full of unexpected things, even for a big fan of the series like myself, and the ending just makes you cry. It is too bad the saga didn't continue as expected, with 4 being more cutscenes than gameplay and 5 being kind of rushed/unfinished. But Snake Eater is still a masterpiece, and playing it without triggering an alert was also a hell of a challenge.
I enjoyed Sons of Liberty and Snake Eater, but since I didn't play MGS4 (PS3 exclusive I think, and I only had a PS2), I can't play MGS5 right now since I can't just skip an entire sequel because of the story. I know it's a bit different story, character, and plot from 4, but it wouldn't feel right if I want to say I finished the games.

djdanilo

Reaction score
My all time favorite game is Skyrim. I played Oblivion when it came out and it was one of the first RPG games I've played. I liked it a lot, but my pc back then wasn't good enough, so i had to run it on low settings and didn't want to play it like that. By the time I bought a new pc, Skyrim game out and I like it so much, I would only stop playing when I had to go to sleep. I still play it to this day, not as much as before, maybe I'll find my new favorite game when the new Elder Scrolls game comes out.

JoeMilford

Reaction score

I definitely prefer the old Final Fantasy games as well, but, to me, the characters sort of always had this look about them, so it was something that I just came to expect from this franchise. I think that, despite the appearance of the characters which can be off-putting, the general environments and epic landscapes are drastically improved visually.

damizille

Reaction score
My best game is Need for Speed Rivals, some people will find it weird or strange but I love racing and racing games seems to match me anytime anywhere. There are some reasons why I love the game mentioned
1. It seriously teaches me about cars and models of cars including different specifications and prices
2. I think much less unlike adventure games and so on.
3. All you need in car racing is smart logic and calculations which I am quiet Good at.

Well those are the points I can remember presently, but I must say that I love the game and that is why it is my favorite game.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I definitely prefer the old Final Fantasy games as well, but, to me, the characters sort of always had this look about them, so it was something that I just came to expect from this franchise. I think that, despite the appearance of the characters which can be off-putting, the general environments and epic landscapes are drastically improved visually.
They look like a boy band and when their car runs out of gas or something, they had to do a quest for the lady, which in turn they thought about camping when they were barely outside the area. Apparently their pockets were so deep they could have tents made, chips, and other major camping supplies on the go, while taking pictures of each other. Yeah... I don't think a bunch of muscly guys would do that kind of stuff. I would have liked it more if they had to sleep in a ditch, cave, or something; show them struggling a bit so I can root for them. They have a car, unlimited supplies, and they strike me as those rich kids who don't really care.