• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Do you like to play strategy games?

yaorice

Reaction score
So fun watching people mention C&C! I have fond memories of growing up playing that with my dad, we were both pretty huge fans of it. I do definitely love any type of game that requires even a bit of strategy or thinking--flash room escape games are always fun to return to, and I absolutely adore SRPGS like Fire Emblem and Final Fantasy Tactics. Games like Civ 5 are amazing sinkholes of time too...definitely my favorite genre.

peachpurple

Reaction score
I still have the cds for Red Alert, Command and Conqueror, Starcraft and Warcraft. They are great strategy games but the system needed to upgrade the parts in order to play the games

goldlady

Reaction score
I love it! I think that is because I love strategy even in real life. I am good at things that require strategy. So when I started in the gaming world... I knew strategy games would be one of my favorites and they are!

Thammy

Reaction score
I do love strategy games. In some way they prepare us for real life task by teaching our subconscious the art of decision making. Its effects are unnoticed cos it happens in our subconscious. Truth be told, they could be boring at times but most of sll, just like everyone other games, it strengthens the spirit of competitiveness in its own little way

reginafalange

Reaction score
Every now and then I feel like playing a strategy game but after starting it I realize it's not for me. I have tried a few strategy games but somehow I am not good at playing them and they all seem difficult for a beginner, there's too much to understand.

konomi

Reaction score
I can't say that I'm GOOD at them, but I enjoy playing anyway :tearsofjoy: I guess my favorite would be Civilization, which I've been playing since Civ 2. Since I'm not that great at the game, I don't ever compete against other players, though I do think it would be fun to watch other people play against each other. I'm really impressed by people who are actually good at strategy games!

gamergal

Reaction score
I like strategic games, mostly with lots of puzzles and different mysteries that are left to be solved. And you also have to incorporate everything, and successfully execute your plans. That's what to be liked about it. It depends on your improvisation, your tactics, and your game plan. It's actually very cool. Games that need a lot more brains, I must say.

WildSpirit

Reaction score
I like strategic games, mostly with lots of puzzles and different mysteries that are left to be solved. And you also have to incorporate everything, and successfully execute your plans. That's what to be liked about it. It depends on your improvisation, your tactics, and your game plan. It's actually very cool. Games that need a lot more brains, I must say.

Games that challenge my mind in a more refined way always interest me a lot. I really love that kind of game! :wink:

I can't say that I'm GOOD at them, but I enjoy playing anyway :tearsofjoy: I guess my favorite would be Civilization, which I've been playing since Civ 2. Since I'm not that great at the game, I don't ever compete against other players, though I do think it would be fun to watch other people play against each other. I'm really impressed by people who are actually good at strategy games!

When we talk about "strategy games" no one can be always so good enough (although many players think that they are true experts :sleepy:).

Every now and then I feel like playing a strategy game but after starting it I realize it's not for me. I have tried a few strategy games but somehow I am not good at playing them and they all seem difficult for a beginner, there's too much to understand.

I think this type of game is not really for anyone. It's as if you have to have an extra will to play them. :wink:

But did you really give up? Won't you try never again? :worried:

Last edited by a moderator:

gamergal

Reaction score
Games that challenge my mind in a more refined way always interest me a lot. I really love that kind of game! :wink:
Yeah, me too. I often find myself drawn to more adventure and mystery type games than other mainstream games. I like horror too, that's why I tend to like Resident Evil and Project S.C.A.R.E, and if that's one of the elements of the adventure or mystery games, then that's cream on the cake for me. I don't mind it all. I won't mind it at all. :androidthumbsup:

amine erraji

Reaction score
the strategy games are the best for me i always have one or two games on my pc the one's i have played is the command amd conquer series plus the age of empire series, the best one of them is age of empire 2 that was actually the first strategy game i played i still remember that day exactly it was hell of fun the quality is bad but i heard they are making a remasterd version, am sure am gonna play it again.

younes

Reaction score
Strategy games have a peculiar and specific gaming pattern. They need a lot of planning and mind work. I'm a hard core fan of strategy games of all types. Planning and plotting my every move is the best part of such games.

There are many which I have played till date. But still there many others which I still have to play. Though finding a good strategy game is a bit difficult I still love to find one.
I think you should try to play Medieval II: Total War. Maybe you did this before. If you did not, then it is really a good game for you. It requires planning and mind work , as you mentioned. I am still playing this game. In Medieval II, all the bugs are fixed and the game seems realistic than the old versions. ^^

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
I think you should try to play Medieval II: Total War. Maybe you did this before. If you did not, then it is really a good game for you. It requires planning and mind work , as you mentioned. I am still playing this game. In Medieval II, all the bugs are fixed and the game seems realistic than the old versions. ^^
Thank you for your great advice. I have heard about this game before but have never tried it yet. I think now is the time when I should download it right away.

I love to play games that need mind work to fetch out a plan. I'm hopeful that I will enjoy playing it.

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
the strategy games are the best for me i always have one or two games on my pc the one's i have played is the command amd conquer series plus the age of empire series, the best one of them is age of empire 2 that was actually the first strategy game i played i still remember that day exactly it was hell of fun the quality is bad but i heard they are making a remasterd version, am sure am gonna play it again.
Age of Empire has been my all time favorite strategy game. I have many beautiful childhood memories associated with the game. I used to play it with my brother and we could spend hours playing it together.

Even I'm equally excited about the new upcoming version of the game. Let's hope we enjoy the remastered version soon.

younes

Reaction score
Thank you for your great advice. I have heard about this game before but have never tried it yet. I think now is the time when I should download it right away.

I love to play games that need mind work to fetch out a plan. I'm hopeful that I will enjoy playing it.
It is my honour. I am so happy to read that. Yeah, just try it. The beautiful thing in this game, is that it is based on real events. It is history as you know. So, you are going to have fun and also broaden your knowledge. ;)

younes

Reaction score
Age of Empire has been my all time favorite strategy game. I have many beautiful childhood memories associated with the game. I used to play it with my brother and we could spend hours playing it together.

Even I'm equally excited about the new upcoming version of the game. Let's hope we enjoy the remastered version soon.
That is good to read. Well, I used to do that. In fact, the love of Age of Empire is what pushed me to look for another similar game to it. So nice to spend our time playing like those games. ^^

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
It is my honour. I am so happy to read that. Yeah, just try it. The beautiful thing in this game, is that it is based on real events. It is history as you know. So, you are going to have fun and also broaden your knowledge. ;)
Thank you so much for complimenting my post. I will keep you updated regarding my progress in the game.

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
That is good to read. Well, I used to do that. In fact, the love of Age of Empire is what pushed me to look for another similar game to it. So nice to spend our time playing like those games. ^^
Yeah... They are such wonderful childhood memories that we will cherish for our whole life.

If you come across a game as addictive as Age of Empire please let me know. I would love to play it.

younes

Reaction score
Yeah... They are such wonderful childhood memories that we will cherish for our whole life.

If you come across a game as addictive as Age of Empire please let me know. I would love to play it.
That is right. Yeah, same here! I would love to keep those wonderful memories that are recalcitrant . Yes sure! I will do that once I come across another one. ^^

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
That is right. Yeah, same here! I would love to keep those wonderful memories that are recalcitrant . Yes sure! I will do that once I come across another one. ^^
Thank you once again. What other types of games do you like to play?

My second preference after strategy games are adventure and shooting games.

younes

Reaction score
Thank you once again. What other types of games do you like to play?

My second preference after strategy games are adventure and shooting games.
Sounds good! I like playing simulation games and shooting games. I used to play Gran Turismo 4, but I quit. Now, I am playing GTR2. I use mods as you know, I am looking for new cars. Concerning shooting games, I like playing Battlefield II ( online), and I still do that in everyday. I used to play Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare, but online.