• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Do you like to play strategy games?

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
Strategy games have a peculiar and specific gaming pattern. They need a lot of planning and mind work. I'm a hard core fan of strategy games of all types. Planning and plotting my every move is the best part of such games.

There are many which I have played till date. But still there many others which I still have to play. Though finding a good strategy game is a bit difficult I still love to find one.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
It depends on the game itself for me, although I do love the Command and Conquer: Red Alert series. My favorite is Red Alert 2 and I agree, games like that require a lot of planning and tactics to accomplish the task in the smoothest way possible. I also love Warcraft, I thought the story was very engaging. But there are strategy games that I feel is just not for me, like Clash of Clans and Civilization. I don't hate them, they're just not for me.

Gray

Gray
Retired Staff
Reaction score
I still have a CD around my house of 'Command and Conquer' that my uncle gave me, I played it when I was about 10 years old for a while but then moved on after I turned 11-12... Currently there are a few apps on my phone that are about strategy and such which are almost like command and conquer... I won't list all 3 of them but I will list one, my favourite is World Conquer on mobile as you can play as any country and also do what you wish to do instead of playing a full campaign..

Aitherion

Reaction score
To me, strategy games are fun at first, but eventually become way too stressful for me. The idea of having to manage resources, keep people happy, defend your land, and attack others all at the same time is too much for my simple mind. I prefer more casual games that don't put a lot of pressure on me.

Gladdy

Reaction score
Love me a good strategy game! I get so addicted to them and I have to be forced to stop playing, haha. It's just so easy to lose time while playing those type of games.

My all time favorites are: Age of Empires (all but especially loved the 3rd), Civilization franchise and XCOM. I have honestly put hundred of hours into AoE series through the years. I mentioned this in some of my previous posts but we had parties with my friends and we often teamed up then did 2v2 or 3v3 and see who came out on top. I feel like you can replay these games over and over and still find new things or new routes of how to develop your army or build cities and so on. Just an amazing genre that often gets overlooked and is extremely underappreciated.

WarVet

Reaction score
I like them a lot too. My favorite is CIV 5. The world congress adds a good amount of realism to the game, too bad it wasn't featured in CIV6. I always like the Supreme Ruler series too but it's just too complex. On a lighter note, though has anyone here played Tropico?

Denis_P

Reaction score
It would depend on the game really, since overall I wouldn't call myself a huge fan of the genre in the way I'd call myself a fan of action RPGs. It's not often that I like a strategy game, but when I do find one, I like it a lot. I like RTS games that don't focus solely on combat, but have a strong emphasis on resource gathering as well. For that reason I really like the Age of Empires series. Another favorite of mine which puts an even stronger emphasis on this is the Civilization series, particularly the fifth installment. Once I fire up that game, it's always just "one more turn" until next thing I know it's 8:00 AM the next day and I'm late for work.

WarVet

Reaction score
It would depend on the game really, since overall I wouldn't call myself a huge fan of the genre in the way I'd call myself a fan of action RPGs. It's not often that I like a strategy game, but when I do find one, I like it a lot. I like RTS games that don't focus solely on combat, but have a strong emphasis on resource gathering as well. For that reason I really like the Age of Empires series. Another favorite of mine which puts an even stronger emphasis on this is the Civilization series, particularly the fifth installment. Once I fire up that game, it's always just "one more turn" until next thing I know it's 8:00 AM the next day and I'm late for work.

Haha been there buddy. I particularly recall this one game where i had nuclear missiles and Alexander had bombs. If you played for some time you do know that once you get nukes it's almost impossible for other Civs to declared war on you. It was late in the game and for some wicked reason he declared war. My subs intercepted his carriers containing nukes and my nuclear subs scorched his continent afterward, An epic game hahaha.

BatmanWayne

Reaction score
Yes, they make you think and improve your strategic skills, there are a lot of games like this, but I like the old ones, like chess. But sometimes I like to play Clash Royale and have a little bit of fun, but there are to much games that they are all always the same.

hermessantos

Reaction score
I like strategy games, but I've played a few of these genres to this day. One of the strategy games I played and I became a fan is Warcraft.

AlexHarris

Reaction score
As a kid, I used to play the Generals game series. I loved being the USA and killing GLA and China with the plasma lasers and microwave tanks. I also remember those destroyer tanks China had that were pretty OP and what not. I used to play the game every day with my two best friends. At the time, I didn't really like Age of Empires but looking back I think it would have been a fun game to play.

Thrall

Reaction score
I love grand strategy games, especially Paradox and the Total War series. We have a group that plays Hearts of Iron IV pretty regularly on the TS.

Everything I play lately has revolved around strategy games. Xcom 2 was amazing in the turn based type. I also consider Rainbow Six: Siege to be one the most recent strategy FPS where info on the enemy is extremely important along with planning your actions.

StolenKid

Reaction score
I do, every mind is unique and it's fun to have a match with someone to see what they have to offer, it's really interesting.

SerSlavos

Reaction score
Yes, a lot. When I started playing games I played mostly strategy, and it is one of my favorite genre. They are a lot of fun and require a lot of thinking and having some tactic skills which is very nice and I like that a lot.

Makef0rt

Reaction score
I used to play strategies a lot before. Not so much nowadays. C&C was one of the first titles I played alongside Rise of Nations. RoN will definitely be one of the games I will always list on top of all strategy games I have played.

CBL28

Reaction score
A good strategy game is all I need to clear my mind. Planning helps exercise my brain and sometimes pushes it to the limit. Civilization V and Plague Inc.: Evolved are two of my favorite strategy games.

thart

Reaction score
the only strategy games i have played are chinese checkers, risk and battleship. and i must say that i liked them very much. the game is engrossing with intelligent enough players, although they always give up or get crushed too fast. learning the rules of chess is one of my priorities, to be completed when i can find the time and effort.

Pixie06

Reaction score
I love strategy games. I remember how I was addicted to the Age of Empires. For me it is one among the best strategy video games I have ever played. Developing a civilization and advancing from the stone, tool, bronze to finally reach the iron ages was so exciting.

Sino989

Reaction score
I personally enjoy playing strategy games because they are very fun to play and very relaxing especially if it's a good game where you don't have to spend actual money to progress through the games,