• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Do you like to play strategy games?

Jonathan Solomon

Reaction score
I don't mind playing strategy games. It's far from my favorite genre, however, some strategy gaming titles have actually surprised me on how much they kept me interested and how good they were.

Nothing really pops into my head immediately with strategy games. I did like Civilization VI that was released last year. Clash Royale is another fun notable mention within the realm of strategy games.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I actually love strategy games. I've been playing them since I was a kid. Red Alert 2, Warcraft 3, Age of Mythology, Rise of Nations, Civilization 3; most of the PC games of my childhood revolved around strategy games because one, they have low system requirements, and two, it's an over the head view which is easier to play with, since I get dizzy playing first person games.

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
I don't mind playing strategy games. It's far from my favorite genre, however, some strategy gaming titles have actually surprised me on how much they kept me interested and how good they were.

Nothing really pops into my head immediately with strategy games. I did like Civilization VI that was released last year. Clash Royale is another fun notable mention within the realm of strategy games.
Clash royale was no doubt a good strategy game that can keep one involved. I played the game for quite some time.

I love the brain game and planning associated with strategy games and any good game is always welcomed by me.

valy

Reaction score
I like strategy games, for me these games are challenging my mind, it keeps me activ and alert. Some strategy games i play are: Clash of Clans, Plants vs Zombie, Tribal Mania,Lords Mobile.

BethSztruhar

Reaction score
Yes, I really enjoy strategy games. It's good for my brain and helps me to relax. I know, this sounds weird, but it is relaxing for me, more than a shooting game. :D

Neo

Reaction score
My dad gifted me a cd of Age of Mythology and I got addicted to it. Since then I've always been playing Age of Empires and its a great strategy game. At one point it may get boring but it really indulges you in the battlefield and they will remain to be my all-time favorite. Command & Conquer and Starcraft were also some of my favorite strategy games.

AnthonyB

Reaction score
Yes.
The first character I play as in any Elder Scrolls title has to be the race that is the "home" race for whatever area of Tamriel the game takes place in, i.e. Nord for Skyrim, Dark Elf for Morrowind, etc. I try to play in the mentality of that race.

In Skyrim, for example, I was a heavy armor, two handed mace wielding, pro-Nords Nord. Politics were for weaklings, the hammer solves all problems. No magic, pick up every bottle of mead I could find, get drunk before every major battle, always pick the brash decisions - you get the idea.

Jonathan Solomon

Reaction score
Clash royale was no doubt a good strategy game that can keep one involved. I played the game for quite some time.

I love the brain game and planning associated with strategy games and any good game is always welcomed by me.

I like your appreciation for strategy games!

To elaborate on my first comment, I was into strategy and planning type games as a kid. I loved having to plan and figure out things within games of this such. After a while, I did become bored, which is why I ventured off into other genres over time. But I still have respect for strategy games. Always will too!

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score

To elaborate on my first comment, I was into strategy and planning type games as a kid. I loved having to plan and figure out things within games of this such. After a while, I did become bored, which is why I ventured off into other genres over time. But I still have respect for strategy games. Always will too!
I loved strategy games as a kid because I had a crappy PC and strategy games like Red Alert 2, Civilization 3, Rise of Nations, Age of Mythology, etc; had very little GPU requirements because they had low graphics for their time. They get you to think, the games last for about 30 minutes to an hour, and you really have fun with them. It's like a modern way of playing chess. I had a great time with these games growing up.

overcast

Reaction score
I love playing strategy games. Especially the tower defense games. You can find that most of the tower defense type games are really addictive. I have most of the 2D games on desktop. These days I am also downloading those type of games on the Android mobile as well. I think they are far more addictive than any other type of games.

Reactions: MLF

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score

It is likely that we all get bored of playing the same type of games over and over again. Taking a break and turning towards new forms is always good so as to keep up the spark of gaming.

This process of interest and disinterest keeps going on and off.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
It is likely that we all get bored of playing the same type of games over and over again. Taking a break and turning towards new forms is always good so as to keep up the spark of gaming.

This process of interest and disinterest keeps going on and off.
I agree, every game gets boring at one point. That's why it's always nice to run an old game up and play like you used to as a kid. I enjoy playing today's games, but once in a while I still fire up my Yuri's Revenge and just play a round or two. I swear, the games back then are so easy now. Not the case when I was rage quitting as a kid because the enemies keep ganging up on me.

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
God, yes. I haven't played many real-time strategy games (the first Warhammer is the only one I've played), but I'm absolutely in love with the turn-based ones. I like how laid-back some of them are, like Civilization, because sometimes it's nice to take a break from the most action-packed games and relax. Final Fantasy Tactics and Fire Emblem are amazing as well.

Neiltarquin

Reaction score
MMORPG and strategy games are my two most favorite games.everything is balanced in a strategy game. No armour or weapon disadvantage or runes and socketed items to worry about. Its just a game of witts.

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
I agree, every game gets boring at one point. That's why it's always nice to run an old game up and play like you used to as a kid. I enjoy playing today's games, but once in a while I still fire up my Yuri's Revenge and just play a round or two. I swear, the games back then are so easy now. Not the case when I was rage quitting as a kid because the enemies keep ganging up on me.
Playing the old game all over again can be really great fun. I always look forward for the updates and the new elements that are now introduced in them . This helps to rejuvenate the spark of interest in playing old games. Whenever I don't find any good new game I opt for playing the old ones. I agree that the game appears very easy to play but the fact that now I'm able to cross the levels very easily makes me feel happy.

Javo1096

Reaction score
Strategy is on my top 3 favorite genres for gaming, I started playing Warcraft 2 and Starcraft with it's first expansion, then I played games like Age of Mythology, Age of Empires, Empire Earth and those alike. Currently I'm playing a strategy dungeon crawler game called The Darkest Dungeon.

megaman93

Reaction score
I love strategy games. Some of the turn-based ones like Sid Meier's Civ can be a little tedious though. Still, love me some good strategy.

MLF

Reaction score
I love playing strategy games. Especially the tower defense games. You can find that most of the tower defense type games are really addictive. I have most of the 2D games on desktop. These days I am also downloading those type of games on the Android mobile as well. I think they are far more addictive than any other type of games.
Big fan of tower defense games myself and was addicted to Kingdom Rush and a couple others on my iPad back in the day.

I also love games like Civilzation, Age of Empires, etc.

Jonathan Solomon

Reaction score
Playing the old game all over again can be really great fun. I always look forward for the updates and the new elements that are now introduced in them . This helps to rejuvenate the spark of interest in playing old games. Whenever I don't find any good new game I opt for playing the old ones. I agree that the game appears very easy to play but the fact that now I'm able to cross the levels very easily makes me feel happy.

I can also agree with that. In my opinion, it's best not to wear out one game. Like you said, sometimes it's good to leave old games alone for a while. Only to come back when newer updates have been implemented and possibly new players have joined. It gives you a sense of refreshment, along with the memories of an oldie but goodie without losing that spark.