• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What 'Type' of OS do you use?

Linen

Reaction score
I use Windows 10. I do find its constant updating is a bit annoying, but I've never really had any computer-breaking problems worth note with it. As it is, I greatly dislike using Windows 8(.1) and while 7 probably was the best, I think it's more to my benefit to remain up-to-date with Windows 10.

I've used Macs plenty, but most of the software and devices I have aren't going to play nicely with one and since you can't upgrade or adjust any modern Macs after buying one, I wouldn't consider a Mac as a primary computer. For the troubles Windows has, I find it's a lot more versatile to use as a whole.

Cendrillon

Reaction score
Good old Windows 8 here. I'm no expert but so far so good for me.
It's true that it's used to deal with several complaints, but to be honest I have nothing to grumble about.
Plus when I still had WoW installed (sobs) its performance was flawless. It still is!

m33kuh

Reaction score
What 'Type' of OS do you use?

Linux or Window's?
Windows. So far I'm using Windows 10 and it's going great. It's much smoother than my previous OS which was Windows 8. Although there are still updates rolling in, I did not bother to the latest because I am contented with my current build update.

MLF

Reaction score
Most of my machines are on Windows 10. I have an older Windows ARM tablet that runs Windows 8 RT and an older laptop that has Windows 7 Pro on it.

Denis_P

Reaction score
I'm currently using Windows 8.1 because it's what my laptop came with, but Windows is all I've ever used anyway. I skipped the upgrade to Windows 10 and am not even considering it, since I've heard too many complaints from friends about compatibility with certain games, especially old school ones which I often play. If it were up to me I would still be on Windows XP since that's my favorite OS of all time, next to Windows 7. There is a reason why NASA still uses XP on their computers!

MLF

Reaction score
I'm currently using Windows 8.1 because it's what my laptop came with, but Windows is all I've ever used anyway. I skipped the upgrade to Windows 10 and am not even considering it, since I've heard too many complaints from friends about compatibility with certain games, especially old school ones which I often play. If it were up to me I would still be on Windows XP since that's my favorite OS of all time, next to Windows 7. There is a reason why NASA still uses XP on their computers!
Windows 10 is basically Windows 7 with some adjustments. What games aren't working?

BatmanWayne

Reaction score
I have my Windows 8 and it is cool for me, I like to play my games in there and it have a lot of games to play, also, I think that this is the best version of Windows until now.

TheArticulate

Reaction score
My home desktop is running Windows 7, which I'm very fond of. Currently looking at building a new rig, in which case I may go ahead and get the latest version of Windows 10 or whatever. We'll see. I have a Macbook Pro that I use almost strictly for video editing and graphic design which is running Sierra, as is my iMac at work.

WarVet

Reaction score

I find myself in the same situation. Only in my case, it's Windows 7 instead of Windows 8.1. Most updates are pointless. They "fix" bugs and other system problems but create others to take the place of the ones they just fixed. It's like my iPhone. The last time I tried to update it blacked out for a day. So no more upgrades for me. I'd rather buy a new phone or laptop than upgrading.

AlexHarris

Reaction score
Right now, I frequently use a Chromebook so I'm using Chrome OS. There is still MUCH more to be desired, but for surfing the internet it works just fine when the devs aren't adding new crap to make the screen turn black due to something not being supported. For my laptop I just stick to Windows 7 I'm not fond of Windows 8 and 10 they bother me on an emotional level. Also, I don't think they ever removed that feature that they automatically download your emails and what not. It's not that I have something to hide, but it's not like I want them in my emails either. If they want access to my emails they should buy Microsoft should buy Google and Yahoo.

ZXD22

Reaction score
I use a Windows 10 Home Edition. Funny that my disc both had Home and Ultimate edition on one so I got confused that you could use Ultimate, but I had to use Home Edition as the key would only work for that one. Oh well.

castills

Reaction score
I use Windows 10. I do find its constant updating is a bit annoying, but I've never really had any computer-breaking problems worth note with it. As it is, I greatly dislike using Windows 8(.1) and while 7 probably was the best, I think it's more to my benefit to remain up-to-date with Windows 10.

I gotta agree that Win 8.1 (rip 8) was annoying to navigate. I'm glad Win 10 got rid of the two "desktops" the 8's had, making Windows apps on a separate interface from all other programs. Not so low-spec friendy. I 't use didn't use 7 much besides a few MMORPG's as a middle-schooler, but no complaints from there.

valy

Reaction score
Hi, TheDerpKing, I'm using Windows 7, because it works just fine for me, is fast enough and have a great interface! If I will change my Pc in the future I will probably use Windows 10!

fishmonk

Reaction score
I'm using Windows 10. It's a free upgrade from Win 8. I think it's pretty smooth and nice to use although there are many redundant things. There's also plenty of apps to download from the Store. I have no problems with software or hardware compatibility so far.

overcast

Reaction score
Linux seems to be good for those who can't afford recurring windows license. Though it adds up the limitation for the gaming. So I'd say Apple Mac OS and the Windows are two OS that are being dominated for both PC gaming titles. You can find that lot of people are making use of the titles this way as well.

airfightermax

Reaction score
Windows 10.

Direct X 12 is the way to go. Not to mention its actually a wonderful OS, close to XP standard imo.
I dont get it why windows 10 is bad. I dont really care about spying.

I have it and I like it.

mcbryan

Reaction score
I used windows 7 operating system. I choose to used it because it is user friendly and it has cool features. Aside from different versions it can support also most of platforms and applications. The performance connection it to the internet is another awesome things about windows. Now I'm planning to upgrade my windows 7 to windows 10 so i can experience new amazing features and improvements.

fishmonk

Reaction score
I'm using WIndows 10. It's really smooth, aesthetically great, and has a nice UI. I find it much better compared to Windows 8.

overcast

Reaction score
I use a Windows 10 Home Edition. Funny that my disc both had Home and Ultimate edition on one so I got confused that you could use Ultimate, but I had to use Home Edition as the key would only work for that one. Oh well.
For gaming though You'd need more permissions and the network support which I am guessing home edition has it's set of limitation. So using Professional and Ultimate edition is lot better option in that case. I have used the Ultimate on my desktop and things have performed pretty much good so far.