• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What 'Type' of OS do you use?

Tania997

Reaction score
Currently using Windows 10 right now, even if I don't really like the look of it. I feel it is better for gaming, it's the newest version so it has to be the most stable one. The desing makes it easy to use though. Constant updates are really boring, but that's something that happened on Windows 7 too so not really much we can do about it. Never tried Linux or other systems, but I've heard it is difficult and limited to play games on those.

peachpurple

Reaction score
I am using windows 7, love the easy to use functions and user friendly. I can't stand windows 10, too complicated and hidden fuctions are hard to control

djdanilo

Reaction score
I always used Windows OS, never used Linux. Started with Windows XP, and gone through all of them and currently running Windows 10. I must say I'm very satisfied with how they made it and how it works, unlike Windows 8 that was so bad and very confusing to use. Only thing I liked about WIN 8 was interface, because it was something new and never seen before.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Currently using Windows 10 and I've been using Windows since 98. I never really tried anything else since the versions I used (98, XP, 7, and 10) have been great and I figure, "why fix what isn't broken". I read about the reviews on newer upgrades, so I definitely stayed away from Vista and Windows 8. When the reviews were clear that W10 was a better fit than W7, that's the only time I switched.

AndrewG

Reaction score
Currently, I am dual-booting between Windows 10 and Ubuntu. Generally I use Windows 10 more often, as I can play way more games on it compared to Ubuntu. For everything else, Ubuntu is way better to me. Windows 10 just annoys me because it feels like Microsoft is pushing their agenda of making their OS more like a phone OS, with Cortana, Tablet mode, and just dumbing down in general. The thing I love about Linux is that if you want to change some specific setting on your computer, you can always just do it easily. A few commands and you are done. Windows just feels like it hides anything technical from the user.

Tania997

Reaction score
Currently, I am dual-booting between Windows 10 and Ubuntu. Generally I use Windows 10 more often, as I can play way more games on it compared to Ubuntu. For everything else, Ubuntu is way better to me. Windows 10 just annoys me because it feels like Microsoft is pushing their agenda of making their OS more like a phone OS, with Cortana, Tablet mode, and just dumbing down in general. The thing I love about Linux is that if you want to change some specific setting on your computer, you can always just do it easily. A few commands and you are done. Windows just feels like it hides anything technical from the user.

I heard a lot of positive things about Ubuntu and dual booting. What makes you say it's so much better than windows? I'm just curious about it. Except being able to quickly change the settings, what else is there?

tinrmz15

Reaction score
I'm using Windows 10 ultimate. Its fine playing with any games even if my laptop is not that high end. My only problem is that internet speed here in the Philippines is like 3mbps. Yes you heard it right hahaha our internet is so freaking slowww. And another problem with windows is having series of software updates, which eats up my storage.

alexanderzx360

Reaction score
I have Windows 10 installed on my computer but I also have a Virtual Machine with Linux (uBuntu). I'm a computer science student so I use the Linux OS whenever I need to code something, but for gaming I only use Windows 10, and it's definitely the best OS for this type of activity. I'm not sure if anyone here has tried Steam OS and can let us know what they think!

chacalit

Reaction score
I am using windows 7, love the easy to use functions and user friendly. I can't stand windows 10, too complicated and hidden fuctions are hard to control

I am with you on Windows 7. If I could, I would go back to 7. I tried but I just can't install, even a fresh install.

Sino989

Reaction score
I use Windows 10 as an operating system, not because I have anything against linux or mac it's just because I have always used windows so i've grown accustom to it and so I try to just stick with it!

vinaya

Reaction score
I have a Windows computer. Windows is the only OS that I have ever used on my computer. I have never used Linux computer and I have used mac only couple of times. I am a Windows fan.

fishmonk

Reaction score
Windows 10 is pretty good for me so far. Definitely, a worthy upgrade compared to the messy Windows 8.1. Hopefully, there will be no problems with any updates in the near future.

chacalit

Reaction score
I heard a lot of positive things about Ubuntu and dual booting. What makes you say it's so much better than windows? I'm just curious about it. Except being able to quickly change the settings, what else is there?
When I had Windows 7, tried a dual-boot with Ubuntu or Mint. I will try to get it with windows 10.