• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What 'Type' of OS do you use?

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
Fuzed said:
Toxique said:
Fuzed said:
Guardian said:
Fuzed said:
Ancient, yes. But it gets the job done. I've heavily customized it, so I'll call this "FuzedOS".
http://prntscr.com/7gm2h1

You've customized it to look like Windows? xd

I sure did. :) It's a good way to fool people who think I'm using Windows.

Why not just use Windows though?

I want to be unique, and be unlike the others and use a unpopular OS.

Ah lol, you should call it "HipsterOS"

Fuzed

Reaction score
Toxique said:
Fuzed said:
Toxique said:
Fuzed said:
Guardian said:
You've customized it to look like Windows? xd

I sure did. :) It's a good way to fool people who think I'm using Windows.

Why not just use Windows though?

I want to be unique, and be unlike the others and use a unpopular OS.

Ah lol, you should call it "HipsterOS"
There's already an operating system named that, so I can't. :mad:

Guardian

Reaction score
Fuzed said:

I was thinking you were referring to Apple, but surprised to see you're right.

Fuzed

Reaction score
Guardian said:
Fuzed said:

I was thinking you were referring to Apple, but surprised to see you're right.

Yep, I know my stuff. :p

ProNine

Reaction score
I use Windows 7 at the moment. I don't plan on upgrading since I dislike the newer UI.

RivaCom

Reaction score
I use Windows 7 at the moment. I don't plan on upgrading since I dislike the newer UI.
May I ask why? I hear this argument a lot, and I work in the IT field. But whenever I ask why, I have yet to hear a solid answer in why they like it more. I'm actually a little disappointed that Windows 10 caved for all the Windows 7 users.

chiwasaki

Reaction score
I am currently using Windows 7 Professional and I am having issues using Windows 8 or 8.1. I am excited to check the new Windows 10 but I hope the changes are not so drastic. I had a hard time when I upgraded my PC from Windows 7 to 8. I also want to use Linux OS but I will probably use it on another PC as I am not used to it yet. =)

ProNine

Reaction score
May I ask why? I hear this argument a lot, and I work in the IT field. But whenever I ask why, I have yet to hear a solid answer in why they like it more. I'm actually a little disappointed that Windows 10 caved for all the Windows 7 users.
I guess it has to do with the lack of the start button. Plus, whenever I slide to the right accidently, that menu pops up and I sometimes end up in a separate menu and have trouble getting back.

pwarbi

Reaction score
As I think most people have said on here I use Windows aswell. I always have and unless something extra special comes out to make me switch, I probably always will to be honest.

I think people like to stick to what they know on the whole, and if a new OS comes out, even if it's better than what they're using now, they'll find any excuse not to switch.

Ryu

Reaction score
Laptop: Windows 8.1 (enrolled for Windows 10 free update)
Desktop: Windows 10 Insider Preview
Server: Ubuntu Linux 14.04.2 LTS

I'm honestly an all-around Linux guy but until Steam gets to porting more games over, I'm sticking to Windows.

RivaCom

Reaction score
I guess it has to do with the lack of the start button. Plus, whenever I slide to the right accidently, that menu pops up and I sometimes end up in a separate menu and have trouble getting back.

Goto the right often? I rarely can get that to pop up by mistake. That being said you can adjust that and mess around with it. As for the start button, in 8.1 it's still there, you just don't have a menu system like windows 7, but everything on that screen is customizable, arrange all your programs etc. Can't find a program, you can start typing the program and usually by the first couple of letters, it pops up. I can easily launch stuff faster with windows 8 then I ever did with windows 7.

Michael

Reaction score
I am currently using Windows 8.1. I use my computer nothing but browsing the internet and doing work. On my free time, I just normally edit funny clips and upload them to Vine. Cause you know, I am a gangster. I have considered using Linux but you know. All the stuff I do won't be compatible with Linux. I want to pursue a career in editing and you know.. always editing :)

ProNine

Reaction score
Goto the right often? I rarely can get that to pop up by mistake. That being said you can adjust that and mess around with it. As for the start button, in 8.1 it's still there, you just don't have a menu system like windows 7, but everything on that screen is customizable, arrange all your programs etc. Can't find a program, you can start typing the program and usually by the first couple of letters, it pops up. I can easily launch stuff faster with windows 8 then I ever did with windows 7.
Well, even if it's customisable, I guess I'm simply to lazy to go and upgrade now.

Patrick

Reaction score
Laptop: Windows 8.1 (enrolled for Windows 10 free update)
Desktop: Windows 10 Insider Preview
Server: Ubuntu Linux 14.04.2 LTS

I'm honestly an all-around Linux guy but until Steam gets to porting more games over, I'm sticking to Windows.
VGA Passthrough though. :S Linuxmasterrace.

Martin

Reaction score
I've only ever used WIndows just because it is pre-installed on my computers and seems to have better developer support because of the large market share.

RivaCom

Reaction score
VGA Passthrough though. :S Linuxmasterrace.

I would love to see more games ported to other OS's, but windows population keeps climbing and with the free upgrades for users, climbing even more. So it's harder to get developers to port and find time to debug.

SirJoe

Reaction score
I have both Ubuntu 15.04 and windows 10 installed on my computer. I normally jump from one to the other depending on my needs.

gtech

Reaction score
I dual boot between Windows and Linux. For gaming though, I solely use Windows. I tried gaming on Linux before as I really like Linux. But, Linux gaming experience is not even close to Windows gaming. There are way less games available for Linux in general and very few big titles. I really don't know anyone (even the most Linux buffs among my friends) who prefers Linux for gaming over Windows. Its just not the same.