• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Scariest Game You Have Played

juliabennixe

Reaction score
I tried downloading and play Dead Trigger. I thought it wasn't that scary to play the app, but the longer I play the app it gets scarier as there were Zombies all over you, trying to catch you. Some zombies can be too smart that they can run and catch you. You have a mission to accomplish, and play until you survive and find help. It would go on for a whole 30 minutes to play the game.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
I think overall, the scariest game I've ever played was Resident Evil 2. It was just so scary because of the camera angles, and while Outlast and other games certainly are terrifying in terms of play-style nowadays, I can't help but say Resident Evil 2 because that game almost made me piss my pants. Aside from that, I'd probably go with Resident Evil 1, not because it was scary overall, but the difficult gameplay made it much scarier.

konomi

Reaction score
Have any of you guys played any augmented reality horror games for your phone, like Night Terrors? The idea is pretty cool, cause you can see the ghosts inside your own house (or wherever). It would probably be genuinely terrifying for people who believe in ghosts cause it might convince people that there's really a ghost in their room :tearsofjoy:

Or what about virtual reality? Are there any cool VR horror games out there?

Pixie06

Reaction score
It will be Silent Hill for me. This game is actually very creepy. I remember that one day I played this game for nearly the whole day and I had a nightmare. I started screaming in my sleep and my dad panicked. He came to woke me up and I was feeling scared.

reginafalange

Reaction score
I have never played any horror games but I like horror movies and I've heard good things about horror games so I might give it a try. I will try to watch some gameplays on youtube to see if it's something for me.

Pink_Turtle

Reaction score
I'm not much into the scary genre but I have played a few just to keep thing flowing in different directions and the most scary game I’ve ever play is Silent Hill. It just makes me jump from time to time. I don’t like it that much. Because, I generally play to relax myself and to chill and the horror genre doesn’t let me do it but once in a while I feel myself a little daring and do it.

StolenKid

Reaction score
Ok, the scariest game I have ever played was the first Outlast, man, I was so scared and had nightmares by it, but I enjoyed every second of it, I remember myself screaming and laughing after screaming because that's what I love about horror games.

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
Why you don't like it too? Do you have a bad experience with horror or supernatural things before or you just don't like them.
I'm not a person with a strong heart. I get scared very easily. Since childhood I was never fond of horror serials and movies. I never liked to watch supernatural elements. This is the main reason why I don't like to play horror games as well. As far as I can recall I don't have any such bad childhood memory.

Inqogn1to

Reaction score
Older Resident Evil games were scary not because of the story, but because of the gameplay. It's hard to navigate through the areas with a fixed camera angle, and aiming is a bitch as well. The likelihood of you making a mistake because the controls are slow or you get stuck in an area because you can't see where you are going is real, and that's what made the games so scary; you can't shoot them all, gotta outrun some of them to save ammo. And that's the hard part since there's no numerical value on health. Just bars of green, yellow, red, and death.
Yep that's it, flawless summary of the gameplay from you there sir!

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Yep that's it, flawless summary of the gameplay from you there sir!
It was fun though. When RE started to transition into a more of third person shooting game, it started to get really bland and boring. Lots of games do that, and with Resident Evil's zombie theme, it's not that unique compared to survival horror and puzzles. Left 4 Dead games did a far superior job with shooting up zombies that rush to you from noise sources. RE6 was a travesty and even as a big fan of the series, I never even got past the Leon stage. Too big of a disappointment to continue.

thart

Reaction score
I'm not a person with a strong heart. I get scared very easily. Since childhood I was never fond of horror serials and movies. I never liked to watch supernatural elements. This is the main reason why I don't like to play horror games as well. As far as I can recall I don't have any such bad childhood memory.
Well, maybe it's just a periond and it will pass sooner or later, it's just something not real and we do it just for fun. Don't worry there nothing under your bed lol just kidding bro. what the other things do you like except horror things?

TsuyoyRival

Reaction score
The most terrifying game I've played was probably Outlast 1. That fat monster going after me, while I try to hide on small closets isn't the best of feelings :screamcat:

Zyni

Reaction score
DO NOT, play it with your lights off. You will scream like a girl.

And, what if you are a girl? Will you scream like a boy? :tonguewink:

I'm not a fan or horror stuff. I don't like creepy, evil, zombies and demons and all that. There are a couple games that scared the crap out of me even though I never even played them myself. Ha ha, I know. Go ahead and laugh. :tongueclosed:

My husband played Doom and Resident Evil, and both of those were scary enough to see and hear that I never wanted to try either one of them. /shudder.

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
It was fun though. When RE started to transition into a more of third person shooting game, it started to get really bland and boring. Lots of games do that, and with Resident Evil's zombie theme, it's not that unique compared to survival horror and puzzles. Left 4 Dead games did a far superior job with shooting up zombies that rush to you from noise sources. RE6 was a travesty and even as a big fan of the series, I never even got past the Leon stage. Too big of a disappointment to continue.

Since you mentioned both the action-style gameplay in third person of recent Resident Evil, and Left 4 Dead, I'm curious about what do you think of Resident Evil 7. A game that feel a bit like the older ones in atmosphere maybe, but it's in first person - a new thing for the series. Did you play it?

TheArticulate

Reaction score
The most terrifying game I've played was probably Outlast 1. That fat monster going after me, while I try to hide on small closets isn't the best of feelings :screamcat:
I think Outlast is on my list of scariest games I've played, as well. Loved the claustrophobic, defenseless feeling the game gave me throughout its entirety. I'm not a fan of jump scares because I generally think they're a cheap method, but I think the developers utilized them really well. Second to Outlast, I probably would name the first Dead Space. It much less shooter-oriented than the other two games and genuinely have off a creepy vibe the entire time!

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Since you mentioned both the action-style gameplay in third person of recent Resident Evil, and Left 4 Dead, I'm curious about what do you think of Resident Evil 7. A game that feel a bit like the older ones in atmosphere maybe, but it's in first person - a new thing for the series. Did you play it?
I thought it was great. A return to old form from which the franchise was built upon. I played it and it's first person, but it's not just "shoot everything until it's quiet" since there's not a lot of ammo available in the game, and you have to decide whether to waste it on common mooks or save it for the incredibly tough boss fights. The puzzles were back and not just "get this insignia, put it in door" so it was a lot of fun for me to play. Game was expensive as hell though.

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
Well, maybe it's just a periond and it will pass sooner or later, it's just something not real and we do it just for fun. Don't worry there nothing under your bed lol just kidding bro. what the other things do you like except horror things?
Strategy games are my all time favorite. Apart from that I love playing shooting and adventure games as well. As far as horror games are concerned I don't think I will ever be able to develop a liking now at least not in this birth. LOL

fireball916

Reaction score
I haven't play Outlast but I've watched a Let's Play on YouTube. Just watching someone else playing was terrifying! During one jumpscare/chase scene I jumped and fell off my bed. Luckily my laptop stayed on the bed unharmed.

thart

Reaction score
Strategy games are my all time favorite. Apart from that I love playing shooting and adventure games as well. As far as horror games are concerned I don't think I will ever be able to develop a liking now at least not in this birth. LOL[/QUOTE

Ohhhh adventure games, i like that. It's my favorite too aside of horror games. i love to play Prince Of persia and Tomb Raider, What about your favorites?

MICHAEEMEKA

Reaction score
the most scariest was outlas2 the room is always dark with blood spilled in every corner of the game the opponents are also scary other scary games i have played are dying ligh and resident evil 7:biohazard