• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Scariest Game You Have Played

Inqogn1to

Reaction score
The scariest game that I've played in my whole entire life is Resident Evil (All of the episodes) it's scary as hell..especially Resident evil 6.
Ikr The RE series have the effect to make you wanna jump out of your chair and throw your headset in to the wall and just run away. :sweatsmile:

Moaz

Reaction score
Ikr The RE series have the effect to make you wanna jump out of your chair and throw your headset in to the wall and just run away. :sweatsmile:
You're too right, I face the same experience, I just get stressed and do not know what am I supposed to be doing sometimes it leads me to close my PC.:tearsofjoy:

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
The scariest game that I've played in my whole entire life is Resident Evil (All of the episodes) it's scary as hell..especially Resident evil 6.

When I was younger - not even 10 years old I think - I got my first PS1 and a bunch of games with it. One of those games was the first Resident Evil. I was playing while my two (at the time) younger brothers watched. We knew the game was about zombies, we knew it was scary... so there was already a bit of tension.
We opened the door leading to the room with the first zombie, which is here, chilling while eating his dinner, and he turns to the camera... We all ran screaming to another room (In real life I mean, not in the game!) shutting down the console.
We never played the game again, and today I still have to play it. I recently got the remaster from the Humble Capcom Bundle, so I guess it's time...

Jameson

Reaction score
Horror games are simply not my type of games. I don't have any inclination for playing them. With due respect to all the horror game lovers I would like to ask them what they enjoy playing in such games?
I agree with you.Games should be thrilling, not tormenting.

Aubrey Cana Laine

Reaction score
For me, the Silent Hill series is the horror game that gets to me every time. Even if I just watch the playthroughs of an SH game which I haven’t played yet, I still get goosebumps. I also love that the world of Silent Hill has a connection to the player or even his psyche. It’s a thrilling game! Even my parents love playing it.

JaiGuru

Reaction score
One quality free game you can play that does a good job of leveraging that feeling of being exposed and alone is Slender. It is a game built around the Slenderman internet creation which drops you alone in the woods at night with a flashlight. You have to solve a mystery, Scooby-Doo style, to survive while you ration your battery power enough to be able to navigate the dark terrain. Meanwhile, Slenderman is out there stalking you through the mists. The game does an excellent job leveraging its atmosphere, which is really saying something because the horror genre is one where graphics really matter more than they do in most other games. And since free games usually have no budget to spend on graphics design to have had a good presentation like this is a rare treat.

djdanilo

Reaction score
Alright, scariest game, to me, was The Thing that came out back in 2002. Game isn't that scary, but when I played I was 8 or 9 years old and it was really scary to me. I remember starting a new game, playing for a couple of minutes and at the moment I heard something scary, I would just go for Alt+F4. I would repeat that for 3-4 times before moving to the next stage in the game. Most scariest game that I played recently was Alien Isolation.

thart

Reaction score
Horror games are simply not my type of games. I don't have any inclination for playing them. With due respect to all the horror game lovers I would like to ask them what they enjoy playing in such games?
For me i ove to play horror game because i am interesting in everything about supernatural things, you know we can't see that in real. So the best option is to find that in video games and movies.

damizille

Reaction score
I seriously hate horror movies and the same goes for games too.
I remember when I decided to try Resident Evil 7 I think on my Playstation 2 years back, if you see the way I drop the controller on the floor and ran. I need tried to play the game again.
Horror Games is the best way to keep me away from playing games.

appleandcinnamon

Reaction score
The Silent Hill series. PT trumps them all, though. Five Nights at Freddy's, Slenderman etc are a lot more about cheap jumpscares and anything psychologically scarring.

Westbay

Reaction score
The scariest game I have played has to be Resident Evil the one on PlayStation one, when I was a kid I never understood the game one bit it was just too weird, you just see zombies just appear from nowhere messing with you. Then the clues too you could just pass a stage and forget to pick up a battery you need to ignite a train engine but you will need to walk back there just to get the battery this is just tedious and equally stressful too.

lindbergh

Reaction score
I'd say Outlast 2, that right there is a scary ass game. But I can't say that I've played it much though (shut it down after 15 minutes). I just recently got it however so I guess I have to just man up and get back at it, or it would be a waste of money right? Maybe I'll just play it daytime ha ha..
Haven't played Outlast 2 yet as the first one almost gave me a heart attack. I did watch some gameplay vids of the game on YouTube and the jumpscares still got me. Anyways, I still plan to play Outlast 2 in the near future, probably on Halloween. It would be a nice scary gaming event for me and my loved one.

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
For me i ove to play horror game because i am interesting in everything about supernatural things, you know we can't see that in real. So the best option is to find that in video games and movies.
Yes... They are a good option for those who love to see these supernatural things. Sadly, I don't have any interest in them so even the horror games do not appeal to me.

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
I agree with you.Games should be thrilling, not tormenting.
I think you also don't like horror games.They are simply not meant for people like us who do not welcome such supernatural elements.

The images and the sound always disturb me and leave me restless. Moreover, I really fear my dreams if I start playing horror games. So it is better to stay away from them.

Inqogn1to

Reaction score
Haven't played Outlast 2 yet as the first one almost gave me a heart attack. I did watch some gameplay vids of the game on YouTube and the jumpscares still got me. Anyways, I still plan to play Outlast 2 in the near future, probably on Halloween. It would be a nice scary gaming event for me and my loved one.
Good luck on your Outlast adventure in the future :)...You will have your senses tickled for sure man :sweatsmile:.

Inqogn1to

Reaction score
The scariest game I have played has to be Resident Evil the one on PlayStation one, when I was a kid I never understood the game one bit it was just too weird, you just see zombies just appear from nowhere messing with you. Then the clues too you could just pass a stage and forget to pick up a battery you need to ignite a train engine but you will need to walk back there just to get the battery this is just tedious and equally stressful too.
I remember playing Resident Evil on an old Nintendo Gamecube I owned. I remember particularly the giant muscle monster with a chain saw to be super scary, mainly because he although his size was so freaking fast on his feet. You would have to really tryhard to get away from him once he charged.

konomi

Reaction score
The scariest game I've ever played was the first Fatal Frame, which is also the last horror game I played :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: Horror movies don't really bother me, but games are sooooo much scarier! I know it's not real, but it's still really hard to make myself walk into a dark room, confront a ghost/monster, etc. This thread really makes me want to watch videos of other people playing horror games, though! It's really fun watching OTHER people get scared, lol.

Denis_P

Reaction score
Now let's get something out of the way here, I don't get easily spooked. Horror movies never scare me, but once in a blood moon, a horror game will turn this 25 year old male into a five year old school girl. The last game that did that for me, was Amnesia: The Dark Descent. For starters, the atmosphere is excellent. Very eerie and unsettling yet in a subtle, uncomfortable way. The feeling of dread when being chased by the monster is unparalleled, and your stress levels will go through the roof during sequences such as the water level. I've played many horror games since then, but either I've grown as a person and less scares me, or that game is still unmatched.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I remember playing Resident Evil on an old Nintendo Gamecube I owned. I remember particularly the giant muscle monster with a chain saw to be super scary, mainly because he although his size was so freaking fast on his feet. You would have to really tryhard to get away from him once he charged.
Older Resident Evil games were scary not because of the story, but because of the gameplay. It's hard to navigate through the areas with a fixed camera angle, and aiming is a bitch as well. The likelihood of you making a mistake because the controls are slow or you get stuck in an area because you can't see where you are going is real, and that's what made the games so scary; you can't shoot them all, gotta outrun some of them to save ammo. And that's the hard part since there's no numerical value on health. Just bars of green, yellow, red, and death.

thart

Reaction score
Yes... They are a good option for those who love to see these supernatural things. Sadly, I don't have any interest in them so even the horror games do not appeal to me.
Why you don't like it too? Do you have a bad experience with horror or supernatural things before or you just don't like them.