• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Scariest Game You Have Played

lindbergh

Reaction score
Hey guys, lemme ask you - what is the scariest game you have ever played in any platform?

I love to play horror games. I don't know why I like getting scared. Haha! Anyways, the very first video game that really scared the heck out of me was the first Silent Hill game on the PSX. That game was so weird and was filled with so many scary looking monsters that made me constantly jump from my seat in terror.

Then I played Fatal Frame : The Tormented and I felt another level of fear that I haven't felt before. It was filled with terrifying ghosts similar to those seen in Japanese horror movies.

Then came Outlast. Wow, that probably is the scariest game that I have played.

ZXD22

Reaction score
Most scariest game for me has got to be Outlast. Like I cannot finish the game as I don't have the guts to even pick up my controller and play it. So creepy and scary especially during the chase scenes like dang!

giovanniiiii

Reaction score
It has to be the Silent Hill franchise for me, specifically the Silent Hill: Origins on PSP. I don't see monsters as the scary part of a video game, but rather the feeling that you are being watched and that you are alone. The creepy atmosphere of Silent Hill is what gets me every time. It prepares me to expect something to happen at any moment, and it does not feel comfortable.
I don't even want to talk about my experience in playing Outlast for the first time in a computer cafe.

BethSztruhar

Reaction score
I love horror games but I always freak out and I end up by putting it away for months. That happened with Outlast. For me that's the winner.

lindbergh

Reaction score
Most scariest game for me has got to be Outlast. Like I cannot finish the game as I don't have the guts to even pick up my controller and play it. So creepy and scary especially during the chase scenes like dang!
If you can't finish the game, you can just watch actual gameplay on YouTube. To make the game footage less scary, you can watch videos made by Pewdiepie.

Also, you're right about the chase scenes. They're really very scary and full of tension. My palms would always get sweaty during these parts.

JaiGuru

Reaction score
I'm going to have to echo the Outlast sentiments here. Few games have put me in that paranoid head space where I whip around at the smallest sound to see what may be coming after me. This game does a great job of creating real tension, not just the cheap and boring jump-scares that have so degraded the horror medium over the last 15 years. The tension pays off big-time, too! I wont spoil it, but it's not just tense for tensions' sake. The last part of the game is frenetic and exciting, a great reward for persevering through the maze.

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
I played Amnesia. I was a bit scared. I played Outlast. I was a bit scared. I played Alien Isolation. I was a bit scared.
Those are nothing.
Because I swear, nothing, NOTHING, even scared me more that this moment from Half Life 2 Episode 2, maybe because it was so unexpected... I literally jumped.

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
Horror games are simply not my type of games. I don't have any inclination for playing them. With due respect to all the horror game lovers I would like to ask them what they enjoy playing in such games?

valy

Reaction score
Hi, my friend, the scariest game I have ever played it was Layers of Fear. This game was really scary, maybe because I have played it in the dark with the volume of my headset cranked up, and an empty house. The mannequins from this game were scary enough to make me play it later when y family was at home.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I've been playing horror games since I was a kid. So naturally, the most scary ones are the ones that I played back then. Resident Evil 3, and Code Veronica for example were good survival horror games as a kid. They would scare you since the ammo isn't unlimited, and sometimes even the ability to save the game was limited by the number of ink ribbons you find along the way. It definitely was fun to decide whether you need to have that one more save spot or not.

airfightermax

Reaction score
I do not play horror games now because I can get scared quite fast. But when I was a kid, I was braver to try out horror games. The scariest game I have played would be the Silent Hill game in PlayStation Portable. It is very outdated now because I do not play games like these anymore.

BatmanWayne

Reaction score
Well, I don't like this type of games, but I enjoy a few ones, I used to play the resident evil games, and the outlast, but the scariest game that I have ever played is Saw: Flesh and blood, it has a lot of horror and people chasing you everywhere, and also the Jigsaw doll coming from nowhere and scaring me.

yunken

Reaction score
All the zombie games are the scary games I have ever played, especially Call of Duty Black Ops II. I don't like seeing them (zombies) though, I just play the game like that, as if I'm forced to

thart

Reaction score
This is my scariest game i've played before

Gladdy

Reaction score
OUTLAST. Just a big warning if you haven't played it before: do not, I repeat, DO NOT, play it with your lights off. You will scream like a girl. Outlast 1 is so good.. definitely the scariest and one of the best horror games up to date. Especially with its DLC the WhistleBlower. Just thinking back about it gives me the creeps... the whole enclosed space of a mental hospital is a perfect environment for such a game. I really loved what they've done with it and each area design gets scarier and scarier. If you manage not to get creeped out at least once through the whole game then I will give you huge congratulations.

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
WhistleBlower! I completely forgot about that! I wanted to buy Outlast 2 as soon as possible, but you just made me realize that I still have to play the DLC! I'm a bit scared, but I loved the first game (the part in the garden, and the part where you lose... something, you know what) are my favorite ones. Not a big fan of the last part of the game and the ending, but I heard big things about the DLC!

Inqogn1to

Reaction score
I'd say Outlast 2, that right there is a scary ass game. But I can't say that I've played it much though (shut it down after 15 minutes). I just recently got it however so I guess I have to just man up and get back at it, or it would be a waste of money right? Maybe I'll just play it daytime ha ha..

JoeMilford

Reaction score
For me, it was Silent Hill, and it literally gave me nightmares some evenings after I stopped playing it and went to bed. The jump out and fright moments in the game itself could put me on the edge, and I tried to play the game with all of the lights off and surround soon, but, when I was alone, that could be a bit too much. I'm superstitious, and I have had some weird experiences with what I would call the "paranormal" in my life, so maybe I am just a bit sensitive regarding these types of games...

Moaz

Reaction score
The scariest game that I've played in my whole entire life is Resident Evil (All of the episodes) it's scary as hell..especially Resident evil 6.

ZXD22

Reaction score
If you can't finish the game, you can just watch actual gameplay on YouTube. To make the game footage less scary, you can watch videos made by Pewdiepie.

Also, you're right about the chase scenes. They're really very scary and full of tension. My palms would always get sweaty during these parts.
Thing is it's even scarier to watch the gameplays as they are like horror movies in my opinion. I'll try pewdiepie's though I know he incorporates humor into it and makes it bearable. Gosh if I can't make it through the first one I can never get past the second one... :(