• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Favorite PC Game ?

zradach

Reaction score
It's a tough one between the Bioshock series and Alien Isolation. The story in Bioshock is just incredible, especially if you played all the games as well as the DLC and see how everything fits together. Alien Isolation has fantastic gameplay. I'm not a fan of horror games, but AI gave me a sense of suspence that I actually enjoyed!

I was going to say BioShock as well, but, I played that on Xbox. BioShock is an absolutely amazing game and was revolutionary in its era. I know pretty much nothing about Alien Isolation, but, if it deserves a spot near BioShock, I bet it's pretty good.

Oh yeah, and Summoner is an awesome game for PC too--although it's a game I first played on console.

Bannon

Reaction score
Kerbal Space Program is the one game that I think I'll always go back to. I've always wanted to go to space and explore or engineer and build rockets to that you can pilot into orbit which is exactly what game does. It really helps that it follows actual real-world physics so you can really feel the difficulty and challenge of getting things into space. Also gives a greater appreciation for the achievements of various nations on actually delivering payloads to anywhere beyond low orbit.

Jboh

Reaction score
As far as PC exclusive titles go, Endless Legend is my favorite right now. I've sunk many hours into the Civilization games and I plan on sinking many hours into Endless Legend as well. :p

Outside of exclusive titles though, Bastion and Transistor remain my favorite games to date. I boot up Bastion (and now Transistor) for a clean playthrough once a year and I still love them to death. While both games have superb storytelling and gameplay, the soundtrack is what really keeps me coming back. Darren Korb and Ashley Barrett did a fantastic job (As well as everyone else who worked on the games.) and I'm very excited to see what Supergiant is going to do next. :)

NecroWolf

Reaction score
Of all time it would have to be Quake 2. Even today there are hundreds of servers online still. Also Soldier of Fortune II, which pretty much inspired the Call of Duty series, and many others. I play this online still even today.

PingPongCall

Reaction score
For a long time it was Diablo 2. lately though, I haven't been able to pull myself away from pillars of eternity. It's like the game Diablo wanted to grow up to be.

When i was a kid though I used to play the shit out of Quake though.

PingPongCall

Reaction score
Of all time it would have to be Quake 2. Even today there are hundreds of servers online still. Also Soldier of Fortune II, which pretty much inspired the Call of Duty series, and many others. I play this online still even today.

Soldier of Fortune? Was that like those old medal of honor games?

NecroWolf

Reaction score
Soldier of Fortune? Was that like those old medal of honor games?
I think so but even older. It came out about 2000 or 2001. There's still clans and servers up for the game and they are working on a new anti cheat.
Here's some gameplay from about a month ago.

ProNine

Reaction score
I actually have a bunch of "favorite" games. They include:
  • The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
  • Fallout 3
  • Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Fullburst
There seems to be a thing with the number 3 going on, I must be honest.

PingPongCall

Reaction score
I actually have a bunch of "favorite" games. They include:
  • The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
  • Fallout 3
  • Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Fullburst
There seems to be a thing with the number 3 going on, I must be honest.
I've never played any of the Naruto games, from what I have seen though, they kind of seem like the Tenkaichi games. They look super fun but I don't think I can get over the fact that it's Naruto.

PingPongCall

Reaction score
I think so but even older. It came out about 2000 or 2001. There's still clans and servers up for the game and they are working on a new anti cheat.
Here's some gameplay from about a month ago.
This game looks like I would be....just....the worst at it.

ProNine

Reaction score
I've never played any of the Naruto games, from what I have seen though, they kind of seem like the Tenkaichi games. They look super fun but I don't think I can get over the fact that it's Naruto.
What's exactly wrong with Naruto? o.o Even if you don't like the franchise, it's still worth playing as it's really entertaining. The story mode may be a little difficult to get into if you don't watch the anime or read the manga, but it's still playable. Plus, if you want, you can always play online against others players or play with friends in the Free Battle mode.

zeldor711

Reaction score
Currently I really enjoy playing Elite Dangerous. It's a space simulator game (sand box) and makes for a very immersive experience. I strongly recommend people to buy it (they just introduced planetary landings which are awesome! :)).

Another game which I like to play is Blacklight Retribution (Steam/Arc). It's a multiplayer FPS game that has cool mechanics such as HRV.

Squigly

Reaction score
For PC exclusive games, I'm hard pressed between the MOBA DotA 2 or the FPS Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.

PingPongCall

Reaction score
What's exactly wrong with Naruto? o.o Even if you don't like the franchise, it's still worth playing as it's really entertaining. The story mode may be a little difficult to get into if you don't watch the anime or read the manga, but it's still playable. Plus, if you want, you can always play online against others players or play with friends in the Free Battle mode.
Honestly, I'm just an asshole. I think I won't play it simply because I despise the series so much. That's almost completely because people make way to big of a deal out of it. I mean come one, Its not like it's DBZ or AoT or something. Shit needs to calm down.

Dabstin

Reaction score
Bioshock Infinite, Deus Ex, Portal 2, Metal Gear Rising Revengeance, Life is Strange, Amnesia.

I can't choose one. Of course not all of them are PC exclusives, but they have PC ports.

PingPongCall

Reaction score
Never played amnesia, not sure what the appeal is. Can't you not look at the monster without dying or am I thinking of some other game?

SirJoe

Reaction score
I like strategy games so my favorite game is Civilizations V. They are about to launch Civilizations IV and I can't wait for it to come out.

jahanzeb ali qureshi

Reaction score
My favorite PC games are Virtual Cop 2 and House of Dead. I love these game because these are easy to play and I feel so fun and excitement while playing this. I feel like a cop when I play Virtual Cop 2. I love shooting robbers and other bad people in the games.

ulfhedin

Reaction score
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. The reason this is such a good game is the mods. The whole idea of modifying the game, is so there are new adventures and places to explore. The game has infinite possibilities, and there is many talented individuals who make mods for this game.

EarlAlexander

Reaction score
My favorite PC games are civilization series and total war series. They are strategic games which has interesting aspect about war and administration of resources, in the game you own spies and messengers for battle purposes, the most interesting is the naval battle which is most difficult and strategic part to me