• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

PS2 Do You Still Own A PlayStation 2?

Zyni

Reaction score
Yes, we still have Play Station 1, PS2, and PS3. My kids play all of them. We didn't upgrade further, and I'm not sure we will. We only have one kid still at home, but the others play sometimes when they visit. We play on occasion as well, but we already have lots of games between the 3. For the amount that we play these days, we'll probably just stick with what we have.

My youngest usually takes one of the systems with her if she goes to stay with one of her sisters for a visit. She'll probably take one or more with her when she goes to college as well.

I'm more of a PC gamer, but the PS games have also given us many hours of fun.

Jonathan Solomon

Reaction score
Yes! Of course, I still have my Playstation 2. I could never get rid of it. Haven't tried it in years, to be honest. Don't even think it works anymore. But it's such an iconic piece of console gaming. You can't just throw something like that away. By the time I have children, truly, the PS2 will be ancient history. But I will save it for my children so they can see what I grew up with. So many memories from a single console. People have to understand, its the console that's iconic. However, it's also the games that came along during the PS2 era. From Tony Hawks Underground to Crash Bandicoot, any avid PS2 gamer has one memorable game from that time period.

Hux

Head Forum Admin
Reaction score
I still have one in a wardrobe somewhere with 20 or so games. Perfect condition hasn't been touched in 8 or more years I'd say.

camshaq23

Reaction score
I think I still have mine. Catching dust for years now. I'm The worst aren't I? My controllers are damaged so you can't blame me I guess. This is an old game you could not have expected better.

Gladdy

Reaction score
No, I sold mine and all the games. Do I regret it? sometimes. I honestly just didn't play it at all anymore. I have the newer consoles so my PS2 was not being used which I thought was a shame. That's why I sold it to a friend that has a young child. I prefer knowing that I made somebody else happy with it than keeping it for purely nostalgic reasons.

I did have two PS2's. I played my first one so much that the laser for reading CD's broke... so I had to get another.

Nickchick

Reaction score
It also functions as the house karaoke machine for parties. Because Singstar was just better on PS2.

This is one of the few reasons I regret selling it sometimes. I was under the assumption (I know never assume) that I could buy all the titles on the PS3. Some of them they made for 3 but there are others that did not make it over there.
Also while they have Band Hero on PS3, I find it difficult to navigate on there somehow. I do not know why they changed the menus for it.
However I have a lot of stuff already and too many consoles as it is (my mom also has her stuff in the living room). I just really had no room for it especially in my bedroom. At the time I played it in the living room but the living room TV is not very good for playing games as the volume is low with it now.

jahanzeb ali qureshi

Reaction score
You would be surprised to know that I still have both the Playstation 1 and Playstation 2. Both are neat and clean conditions and I never needed to replace the lens even. I love to keep the old things of mine with me. I keep them safe and sound.

I love the game " Tekken 2" as it as introduced in Playstation 1. Another game that i use to play on Playstation 1 is " Soul Edge ".

john franklin

Reaction score
I still have a PS2. I never sold any of my consoles. I had an Atari2600 and I bought it in 1996 but i never sold it as I have memories with it. PS2 is the best console of its time. I love to play GTA on it. I planned to buy a PS3 but I don't think that will be habitual to that as I am habitual to PS2.

megaanmaarie

Reaction score
I've still got my PS2! I've had it for 12 years now. I hadn't played in a while, but when I cut it on last month, the date was correct and the time was off by an hour. It's been working fine ever since I got it, and I can't see myself ever getting rid of it.

Sino989

Reaction score
I actually used to still own my PS2 but I ended up selling it a few months back because I really didn't use it so it was just taking up space and gathering dust.

Ipa07

Reaction score
I still own PS2 and I don't know why I never sold it because I never played it after PS3 came out. Back in the days, PS2 was just brilliant and everyone played it.

BeardedMamba

Reaction score
I still own one, but I haven't used it for a year. I keep all my PlayStation consoles, even the PS1. They're all still in great condition, the controller though, not so much.

jahanzeb ali qureshi

Reaction score
I still have it in the room and saved it from being dirty. I have some memories with it as it the best gift I ever received on my birthday. I use to play it whenever I miss the old days. I always keep my old things with me and I love my PS2 a lot.

jahanzeb ali qureshi

Reaction score
I still have PS2 in my room as I have some golden memories with it. I love playing it. I use to play it whenever I miss the old days. I saved it from being dirty. I love it a lot as it is the best birthday gift that I ever received. I always keep my old stuff and I want to keep my PS2 always with me.

overcast

Reaction score
One of my friend owns the machine. He has the functioning machine. Though he does not play on it anymore. And the games seems to be not much usable. So the use of the machine is not much there. He has the machine kept in the basement and he showed it to us when we wanted to sell stuff on ebay. I think these type of old console would be antique and will be sold for good amount.

Pixie06

Reaction score
I still have my PS2 and this was given to me by my dad when I passed my exams. I don't use it nowadays but will always keep it as it is a souvenir from my father. I can still recall the amount of time I spent playing games on this PS2 and how I used to save my pocket money to buy some games.

dracula77

Reaction score
I have playstation 2 but I no longer use because for me it was outdone use more the 3 due to the best game dead space The first game in the space horror series is one of the most disturbing experiences on PS3. Although the series has changed significantly with the sequences, the original is an authentic and diverse work of horror.

mikeypaine

Reaction score
I still have a PS2 though some of my favorite PS2 games, like Bully have been made available for PS4, most of them have not. I actually found a copy of Wild Arms Alter Code: F and some other games for a really good price. I think I'm going to keep Wild Arms and sell the other ones, which are mostly fighting games. The PS2 is my favorite console of all time so I think I'll keep it around even if I'm not really using it.

Denis_P

Reaction score
I wish. After a big move recently I couldn't take any of my consoles with me, so I had to find my PlayStation 2 a new home in storage at a family member's place. It wasn't such a huge loss given that it wasn't functioning properly anymore, issues with the laser and such that I was too scared to fix, but I do miss it. I tried to emulate some of my favorite games but emulation is still so very glitchy, it ruins the experience. I've been looking into getting my hands on a used one somewhere, but it's hard to come by in the country I'm currently living in.

Fuzyon

Reaction score
Yup, both a PS1 and PS2. I haven't booted my PS2 in years since I don't have any of my old games on it but I might try to see if it's still working or not. I wouldn't mind buying a couple of old school CDs and play the games I grew up with like Tekken or Prince of Persia.