• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

PS2 Do You Still Own A PlayStation 2?

Shimus

Reaction score
I own every console from the NES onwards, even the various ones that flunked out of the VG Class (Like Virtual Boy, Dreamcast, Saturn, etc). I find having them all never means finding something to do - you always have something.

But in the case of the PS2, it's still on my shelf. I use it to play my old favorite RPG series as well as Guitar Hero. Plus, Sony makes a solid console.

pwarbi

Reaction score
When I upgraded to the ps3 I kept my PS2 for about 6 months and then gave it away. I found I very rarely used it to be honest.

I've also done the same with the PS3 now aswell, when I bought the PS4 I kept it for a few months but found it was just sat there, mainly being used as a bluray and DVD player and even then only on the odd occasion so I gave it to a family friend who couldn't afford to buy a new one, I'd rather he make some use out of it.

Zalaria

Reaction score
Yup yup, I have the normal sized ps2 and the smaller version, which is kinda wonky at reading discs though. And I will play games on it from time to time.

Martin

Reaction score
I own a PlayStation 2 still. Only really use it to play some old Resident Evil games on occasion.

Lohengrin

Reaction score
I don't. I was silly and chucked it for trade when I got my first PS3. I really regretted it. But not so much anymore. Most of my favorite games have been ported over to the PS3.

ScorpionWaterfall

Reaction score
I still have mine. My fiancé got it for me on our first anniversary. He bought me a PlayStation 2 and Mortal Kombat:Annihilation instead of chocolate and flowers. I love that he did that.

nisskrystal1982

Reaction score
No, I gave it to my son quite a few years ago and he managed to mess it up. I took all the games and traded them in for some xbox games.

SharaElyse

Reaction score
I still have mine! I love to play it from time to time, though I don't get around to playing it as much as I'd like right now. I have a ton of games for it still and probably should find my memory cards to get back into some good old console gaming. I usually play mmo's and those wear you out after a while with all the grinding.

Kaitara

Reaction score
I used to use mine all the time until the PSU blew out a couple years ago. Since then, I'd been doing without a PS2. I have a PS3, but there's no backwards comparability on it, which sucks =/ My PS2 games library is useless without it. My bf has a PS2 though, so I've been using his now.

bleblanc10

Reaction score
I do still have a ps2 but it is extremely slow now but one of my favorite games to play on it is Medal of Honor Rising sun. That game has so many memories for me.

Danielle Davidson

Reaction score
I still have mine and will play with it sometimes. I have the Jak and Daxter series so I love to play those games. I think they are my all time favorite games. I just like being able to beat them, it's always fun just spending the day playing that game.

pwarbi

Reaction score
You can now play a lot of old PS2 and PS3 games on the PS4 now, so I think for those people that still have the older consoles for that reason only, then soon it might be time to get them on eBay and sell them as retro gaming systems as that seems to be all the rage these days.

Steamroller

Reaction score
Haha I still have it. But is worn out for all the intensive gaming I did in that. Should have taken better care of that little gem. But yeah, The controllers are broken and I lost the adapter. But still works unlike the slim version that are like glass for how fragile they are.

pwarbi

Reaction score
You make a good point because when you look at how many years that PlayStation 2 of yours as been going, can you really see a PlayStation 4 lasting that long, because I don't think that I can.

I'm not saying they're fragile, but I just think that the more advanced technology as become, the less reliable it is, and the longevity is getting shorter and shorter.

InvadeYourSpace

Reaction score
I got rid of my PS2 a long time ago. I have a PS4 right now, and my other console is the Nintendo Wii. Never upgraded to the Wii U. I'm waiting for the PS5 until I get another one. For me Playstation has stayed on top of the game market.

R3GUL8TR

Reaction score
Had one but messed it up when I tried to mod it with a piece of rolled up paper and a gameshark code disk. Regret breaking it because there were a lot of cool games that I did not get to finish yet that are not available for digital download from the Playstation Store.

abonnen

Reaction score
I actually just bought one about a month ago, and loving it! I got it online with about 30 games for I think 25 bucks, I am having a lot of fun playing all type of games on it. Right now I don't have a favorite game ( I am still trying games out on it!). Maybe in a month or two I will though!

gamer2x

Reaction score
I still have a playstation 2. Some of the games which I still play on it are:

• ctr
  • god of war 1
  • resident evil 4
  • smackdown 4
  • fifa street 2
  • downhill demolition
  • burnout
  • rumble racing
  • golden eye
  • roadkill
These games are simply epic and even though games in the same genre have been launched in the latest consoles, but these cannot be replaced due to the most entertaining game play which they provide.

Snow90

Reaction score
Of course. How else am I gonna play all the PS2 classics I own? I don't wanna have to re-buy them and play them with a totally different set of controls (Vita or PS4).

It also functions as the house karaoke machine for parties. Because Singstar was just better on PS2.