• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Do you prefer using a keyboard and mouse or a controller?

What do you prefer to use: controller or keyboard/mouse? ...joystick maybe?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

airfightermax

Reaction score
In a shooter, using a controller when others are using mice is a bad idea. Period. You will be obliterated. Flying is a bit of a different story, and I grab my 360 controller whenever I happen to get one of those powerups.

On other games, controller all the way.

clinkguts

Reaction score
It totally depends on the type of game.For fps like CS:GO and Dota, it's preferred to have keyboard and mouse but for say FIFA, it's better preferred to use a controller.You can adapt according to your need.

Westbay

Reaction score
When I play first person shooter games like Call of duty I prefer using keyboard and mouse because it gives me full control and balance maybe its because that was what I began with but I sure do like using it. But when I play games like FIFA sometimes I use the controller when playing against my friends but I still use Keyboard playing against COM and yeah I win most of the time.

thart

Reaction score
For me it's so comfortable to play with the controller, but in some games to play with mouse and keyboard is so fun too, For example, i love to play Half Life 2 with mouse and keyboard.

fishmonk

Reaction score
It totally depends on the type of game.For fps like CS:GO and Dota, it's preferred to have keyboard and mouse but for say FIFA, it's better preferred to use a controller.You can adapt according to your need.

I have never tried playing Dota 2 with a controller. Is it even possible ?

Zeyad

Reaction score
Keyboard and mouse obviously because you simply can't move the analog as fast as you can move a mouse, however this also depends on what game you're playing, for example a game like FIFA with very few mouse movement would be better with a controller

TheArticulate

Reaction score
Keyboard and mouse obviously because you simply can't move the analog as fast as you can move a mouse, however this also depends on what game you're playing, for example a game like FIFA with very few mouse movement would be better with a controller
Very true. In most any circumstance, especially with FPS and RTS games, I'll take the mouse and keyboard over a controller. However, there are only a few games I can think of that I'd willingly trade those peripherals for a controller. Rocket League and Dark Souls are the last two games I played where I really preferred to use a controller.

Soulwatcher

Reaction score
I always prefer a controller of Keyboard and Mouse. Its so much more comfortable to play and almost every new PC game being released is a console port and the PC controls end up sucking. Not only that but I am 42 years old so precision gaming has left my body lol. Once you get past 20 years old your reflexes start to suffer. That's why you never see any old MLG players. So now I just game to have fun and I don't worry about being the best anymore.

Laibrown

Reaction score
Using keyboard and mouse as control while gaming is hard for me and can be confusing. Maybe if I am playing board games I can use keyboard bad yes I will enjoy that. But I can't say the same for adventure, shooting, or racing games. I will rather use a controller because that gives me freedom and I will not have to look down on the keyboard every now and then to execute a command.

Inqogn1to

Reaction score
I only use keyboard and mouse mainly because I have become so used to it. It would be such a hassle to start all over again, especially in the games that I've become pretty good at. Another reason is that I don't own any console at the moment, and most Pc games are more optimized for mouse and keyboard.

Jerick Gwapo

Reaction score
Pretty much I am comfortable playing with the use of Keyboard and Mouse. I have tried joystick on my PC before though it really depends on the types of games we play. I grew up using Keyboard and Mouse and I mostly win on my games. If ever I'll found a game that is fitted with joystick/controller then probably I would use it.

Bottom Line: The use of controllers and keyboard really depends on the type of game, if its appropriate and easy. ;)

JaiGuru

Reaction score
I prefer a controller. I grew up with console gaming so it just feels like second nature to me to have the weight of the thing in my hand when I sit in front of a game. But I don't deny for a second that accuracy shoot way up with a mouse, and no controller can ever match the hard utility of a keyboard. I've tried playing shooters on PC with a controller and it simply doesn't work. You're out classed by the keyboard and mouse users by an order of magnitude.

goldlady

Reaction score
I have tried both and to me, there is a huge difference! I had a controller and I felt like it could actually MASTER the game by using it. It broke up and I started using keyboard and mouse... it took me months to get used to play that way, but I am surviving lol

Blaine019

Reaction score
I prefer keyboard and mouse but just like what you all said it depends on the game that you're playing. I use xbox controller for games like tekken and nba.