• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Do you prefer using a keyboard and mouse or a controller?

What do you prefer to use: controller or keyboard/mouse? ...joystick maybe?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Neiltarquin

Reaction score
It really depends on the game I'm playing, but most of the time i prefer having both of them as a controller. World of Tank, DOTA and HON so i definitely need both of them .

Jonathan Solomon

Reaction score
It really depends on the game I'm playing, but most of the time i prefer having both of them as a controller. World of Tank, DOTA and HON so i definitely need both of them .

I somewhat agree with your statement. For me, it really depends on what game I'm playing. For example, I prefer using a controller for sporting games like Fifa 14'. However, if I'm playing open worlds like Grand Theft Auto 5, I prefer using a keyboard and mouse. Racing games I prefer controllers. Meanwhile, FPS games I can only play with keyboard and mouse. So for me truly it depends on what the scenario is.

Cauohashi

Reaction score
For me it depends on the game, there are games that are better the keyboard and mouse already others to play with the controller is better.
When I play racing games like Need for Speed I prefer to use the controller, but games like GTA prefer the mouse and keyboard.

msyukionna

Reaction score
Because I grew up playing PC games (my parent's didn't allow consoles at home), I'm used to playing on keyboard. So yeah, keyboard and mouse for me. If at all possible, keyboard only. I realise that there are not a lot of games out there nowadays that only plays on keyboard. That is one of the reasons why I enjoy old school side-scrolling games (MapleStory, anyone?). Sometimes, just for nostalgia, I emulate PS1 games on the computer and use macros to play on the keyboard.

Linen

Reaction score
Like many other people, the controller vs. keyboard argument really depends on what game I'm playing. For more basic games and most MMORPGs, keyboard and mouse suffice well enough. For games that require more precision or quicker action - fighting games, racing games and action RPGs come to mind - I would much rather play with a controller.

I don't take joysticks into account, as I personally don't feel they're as easy to obtain as an actual controller, and while I enjoy fighting games, I do not enjoy them enough to buy a dedicated joystick in order to play them that way.

Tronikart

Reaction score
I really love keyboard and mouse, it offers me some flexibility that Ive gotten through the years that I feel that Ive lost with the controller, Ive wondered around the idea of buying a controller for some time now but when I look back to the games Ive been playing and Im already well used to the keyboard and mouse combo, like Dark Souls, which people seem to hate on keyboard and mouse but after so many hours playing it, it feels almost natural and intuitive (its not, at all)

astroroid10293

Reaction score
In my opinion, I enjoy playing with a keyboard and mouse, but it all depends on the game that you're playing. I've been playing PC games all my life, so that's why I'll be leaning towards the keyboard and mouse side. Some games are more enjoyable when you use a controller because the buttons are more compact and available compared to the keyboard. Games such as Grand Theft Auto may feel more comfortable when using a controller compared to the keyboard, while the keyboard and mouse may appeal to games in the genre of first-person shooters.

StolenKid

Reaction score
I say it depends on whether device you're used to. I have been playing games on PC with keyboard and mouse since forever, and I really prefer those devices than a controller.

fl1pz

Reaction score
I would definitely prefer using a keyboard and a mouse than just a controller for many reasons. Firstly, It is way easier to use a keyboard and mouse, rather than a controller. Also, controllers can be annoying to use. Especially in first person games, such as Call Of Duty.

Rayne

Reaction score
I've been using a keyboard+mouse combo for gaming for over 10 years now and I've never felt a need for a controller. I did feel a need to get a tablet for osu! but its just one game so I'm not going to get it for a while.

Robbie626

Reaction score
When I was younger, I played on consoles that required a controller which was the most comfortable experience for me. However, using a mouse/keyboard for PC games have a comfortable experience that depends on the type of game someone is playing. For instance, I love playing Freedom Fighters on PC because I get to use a mouse to aim to generate "realistic aims". Personally, shooting games are best with a mouse/keyboard.

jelleh

Reaction score
I prefer using keyboard and mouse. That is because I'm just used to it and don't want to change. I also feel like controllers are always very hard to set up and not worth the effort. So I would maybe want to try it out someday, but at the moment, I don't feel like it's worth the hassle.

BeardedMamba

Reaction score
I play MOBA games, FPS and MMORPG with Keyboard and mouse. While I use controller for sports games like NBA 2K Online Taiwan and NBA 2K17. I'm thinking it would be really difficult playing FPS with a controller. But it's not that difficult playing NBA 2K using keyboard and mouse.

Pixie06

Reaction score
I think it depends on the game you are playing. Some games require you to use the mouse only. As for other games you have to use a combination of both the mouse and the keyboard. As far as I am concerned I prefer to use a mouse. I find it easier.

kenoobie

Reaction score
It depends on the game I am playing. If the game is like RTS, MOBA or FPS then keyboard. On arcade and fighting games then I would prefer to use controllers or joysticks.

SerSlavos

Reaction score
Since I play games on my PC, mouse and a keyboard. I use that since I got my first computer and I can't really get used to controllers. It's all a habit really, but it somehow feels more natural to play strategy games and shooters on a PC rather than on a console.

Deen

Reaction score
I have always been a keyboard guy because I am used to it. I can defeat someone using a controller 10 times with keyword controls. I think it all boils down to getting used to it. Some of my guys who are used to playing with controllers are also good in their own rights.

Empire

Reaction score
Going from Keyboard to mouse is not that easy since I spent more pc gaming. that being said it depends on the game and what is needed. I have both options and so my controller is always set up on my PC. I find using the controller for GTA is little better and cooler for driving and walking yet shooting I use keyboard and mouse.

I use the controller for ETS2 :) I just set myself up with keyboards near me for extra options that the controller doesn't have and drive

arachnophobik

Reaction score
It really depends on the game for me. If it's an open world game, I'd prefer using keyboards because they're more comfortable for me. But if it's a fighting game, usually I'd rather use a gamepad. It's kind of hard when you're trying to execute combos for your character and you can't do some of the moves because you lack the proper controls for it.

Javo1096

Reaction score
It depends on the game I'm playing at the PC because if I'm playing a fighting game definetely the best choice to me it's the keyboard, also goes well with games that don't require too much of pushing buttons rapidly like an RPG, but if it's a classic oldie in an emulator I would need to use a controller to play more comfortable.