• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Do you pay for games?

Okaviator

Reaction score
I prefer to play free mobile games. However, that doesn't mean that I don't spend money on in-app purchases. The amount I've spent on in-app purchases must be around $4,500 CAD.

Last edited:

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
Nope, not even once. Mobile games are easy enough on their own, no need to make them even easier with in-app purchases (was Rayman Jungle Run that game that offered a purchase to unlock all levels from the get-go?). Plus, the sole thought gives me shivers, considering that I could use the same money to buy real games.

Thrall

Reaction score
I bought the Hitman and Lara Croft GO games, definitely worth it in my opinion especially when they were on sale for $1. I think it's far better having those than the bloodsucking F2P games.

Okaviator

Reaction score
I bought the Hitman and Lara Croft GO games, definitely worth it in my opinion especially when they were on sale for $1. I think it's far better having those than the bloodsucking F2P games.
You should've waited to get those games on the App Store. Just recently they had a promotion where people could get those titles for free. I've saved around $20 just waiting for paid games to become free.

chumzybabe

Reaction score
Yes if I have to, but most time I play free games and I enjoy them

alastor1

Reaction score
Honestly no, I have not done it and I will not, that is, my favorite games are always a scam with that of money. If I spend my money on them I would simply give it away, because it does not help much. And I do not know, I also feel that I lose the satisfaction, because the idea is to gain the things for myself.

huggy212

Reaction score
I am a hard core gamer but i never paid for games to download it. I always play free games and im pretty much satiesfied witih the quality of those. I even dont pay for in game items. I believe that they have the same quality, they just had different way of earning profit to maintain and improve the game. Free games i think get their money for improvement from in game purchases which i believe they have alot because more players are playing free games than those paid one.

Kharyode

Reaction score
Why will I when I have my own games. Paying for game online ?
Yes I do pay because there are some interesting online games.
That I don't have and will want to know about it.

hermessantos

Reaction score
If the game is really quality and the price is fair, yes I pay for it. Otherwise, I prefer free options.
I do not mind paying for a game, but it has to be really good.

streettallest

Reaction score
I haven't found a mobile game I enjoy enough for me to fork out money for it. I will not pay to get one that I can't try first as they usually are all a waste of money. So, basically I don't play enough mobile games to warrant paying for anything.

LOL... We are in the same category then. I think its hard for me to get out my money to buy games. I even wonder how people get addicted to gaming in the first place. there are alot of wonderful free games out there, unless i want to make a wilful donation to a game developer.

Soulwatcher

Reaction score
The only mobile game I ever paid for was Minecraft and if I remember right I think it was $10. Every other mobile game that I played has such poor quality that I would never pay for it. But that's all about to change because cell phones are getting super powerful and right now every AAA game developer is making a AAA game for Android and IOS.

P.S. My Samsung Galaxy S8+ can pump out graphics on the level of my PS4.

TsuyoyRival

Reaction score
When a game is nostalgic for some odd reason, I usually research a bit about the game, and after a while I decide whether or not to buy it, taking in consideration: the platform, price, enjoyability and multiplayer.

joegirl

Reaction score
I don't often play games via my mobile. When I do, I would not pay for a game. I play free games only. I hardly spend a lot of time playing mobile games, usually flick and browse, touch and go. Check out the characters and layout, tricks and I am out. I prefer playing games at home from my console.

TheArticulate

Reaction score
Back in middle school I would occasionally spend money on games on my old iPod touch. I don't think they were ever worth the money because I no longer play any of them, and I don't think I ever played them very much when I bought them as well. Anymore I don't pay for mobile games, and I stick to small, free games instead.