• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Do you pay for games?

ProNine

Reaction score
No, I don't spend any money on mobile gaming. There is a myriad of games in the app store waiting to be found. In almost all games, you can get away with not buying any packages anyways. Just gotta wait a little longer and try a bit harder.

Andrei Birla Marian

Reaction score
I occasionally bought games and applications, mostly to support developers, but I never did inapp purchases. I think it is the most reasonable way to support developers, not through advertisements and inapp purchases.

Rhomhie Morelh Campo

Reaction score
Yes i normally do pay it at games, and pay a lot to them then after i realize.when spending to much is much more a waste you could do, but it depends on you if that's your key to happiness when you pay it to them.

Jonathan Solomon

Reaction score
The realm of mobile gaming? Used to, however, not anymore.

Growing up, I enjoyed downloading different mobile games (with or without in-app purchases). Nowadays I prefer PC gaming over console and mobile play. In fact, I'm such the avid PC gamer that I'll pre-order games if they early release to PC.

I will, however, pay for live video streaming, chat services, antivirus software, and other useful/entertainment apps on my smartphone.

TheArticulate

Reaction score
Once I discovered Steam and got a job, purchasing games was not an issue for me. It's gotten even easier now that I'm busier and don't spend as much time gaming. This allows me to be much more selective about which I games I choose to purchase. The way I look at it is this: A lot of time, effort, and money goes into producing a game, and I wouldn't deprive the developers and artists of the money they deserve for what they created.

Hux

Head Forum Admin
Reaction score
Depends on the type of game for me. If the game is mostly multiplayer, such as big AAA releases like Battlefield, GTA 5 etc. then I'll purchase the game and play it with friends or on my own. Games like Rocket League too I'll purchase purely for that factor. Since I started PC gaming, I don't really spend much on games, I normally download torrents and play cracked versions as I don't personally want to be spending money on games I'll play maybe once or twice, but that's just me.

Chadwictastic

Reaction score
I have bought two mobile games one only asked for a donation the other was $9.99. I ended up earning the money through Google surveys which really only lets you buy apps. I've played a lot of free games that are really fun; however, I hate in game purchases because gaming is supposed to be away from real life. I consider offline gaming or use of server cost to be worth a donation or a fee for the programming. I just don't like gaming overlords that try to cheat the average end user or programmer out of their wallet or job.

Gladdy

Reaction score
Nope, I have never bought any mobile games. I just don't see the point. There are literally hundreds and hundreds of free ones that are, in most cases, equally as good as the paid ones. Why would I waste money on it if I can use it on something else?

Just my personal opinion. I don't judge people that do buy the games. If I had much spare money perhaps my view would change.

Corzhens

Reaction score
This is my secret that no one knows. After playing with Disney's Where's My Water, I was curious as what the game would show next so I downloaded the paid version. It's just $2 anyway so it wouldn't matter much. But my reputation for buying a game like that may be affected. But I admit that I enjoyed the game that's why I was willing to pay. And the paid version is good and quite entertaining although it's not interesting to play it again when you have finished the course. It's the alligator that is asking for water. I'd say it's a creative mobile game that is not boring but the downside is that you wouldn't play it again like Candy Crush.

BethSztruhar

Reaction score
Yes, sometimes. The last time I paid for a game it was Plague Inc. and it's worth it. Sometimes I pay for some extras, there's one quizz game named "Honfoglalo", which is Hungarian and sometimes I buy extras because they can help me during gaming. It's like an intelligence fight between 3 people and you have to answer quickly, so sometimes the extra help is a great thing to have. I feel a bit silly to pay for these kind of extras, but I just can't resist.

Blumaoo

Reaction score
I do not pay for games. Mobile games to me are something that I play when I don't have anything else to play throughout my day. I wouldn't pay for mobile games because I don't play them like how I play xbox or PC games. I would suggest it if all that you have to play games on is your phone so you could play games like Minecraft, COD: Zombies, etc.

gameten

Reaction score
I don't play many games, but the games I like, I buy them. I am very picky about the games I play, so it might be months and even a year or two, before I see a game I like. My most recent purchase was The witcher 3, which I bought more than a year ago.
I am currently waiting for some console games to buy.

ValX

Reaction score
I do only for cheap mobile games. I have bought so many paid mobile games just because I wanted to try them out, though some were disappointing, but none was 'not worth it'. I have bought so many, yet I bought even more just because a google play store discount :tearsofjoy:. I am quite weak to google play store when there are super cheap discounts, like $0.1 games and just literally paid games that became almost free because of the discounts.

overcast

Reaction score
I can't afford to pay for the games. So most of the time I only rent it or play with the friends. If I had the money I'd have surely paid for them. I don't know how many people can afford monthly games to be paid for. But so far on steam I have rented through one of the friend. And that's all. I wish to own some games but don't have much value out of them. I'd never buy mobile games though, not worth it so far.

Koyomi Araragi

Reaction score
I've only paid for one mobile game, and I think it'll be the only mobile game I ever pay for - Super Mario Run. In my opinion, $10 was worth it for a full Mario game on my phone. Other pay-to-play mobile games really don't seem worth it.

Ipa07

Reaction score
I mostly play free games on Apple Store and on Google Play. I like to play games that I don't have to pay for. Even though it's just few bucks per game I don't feel like paying. Maybe it's because I used to download pirate games when I was younger.

EJ Burg

Reaction score
Not alway I actually prefer some of the free game more anyway. I there's a new game of a sequel of games and the newest one costs money thats the only times I would pay for game but at this point i'm fully loaded with free games I first have to finish.

Neiltarquin

Reaction score
I haven't spent a single money to buy mobile game apps. I guess the my reason is there other games that i can play for free. So why spend something on something that I might delete innthe future because I'm already fed up with the game.

lordrenly

Reaction score
No, I never buy paid mobile games but I have spent money on coins on Pokemon Go. I guess it is because of the hype of Pokemon Go that I was obsessed with it so I needed to buy more incubators to get more new Pokemons. However, I never consider a paid app, even for the one that costs only one dollar or so.

timstargraal

Reaction score
No, why would you spend money one mobile games. Out of all platforms I could have spend money on. It will never be on my mobile phone. Why? Because I usually don't play games on my phone in general and when I do, I usually choose a game which doesn't require in-app purchases to play and still get good at without them and I don't have to pay for at the start in the first place (as in on the store). Another point why I would never buy anything on a mobile phone is because my Android Phone is rooted (jailbroken) meaning I can just get APK files and get apps which you would usually buy for FREE! That is why I would never buy anything or spend money on my phone.