• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Do you pay for games?

Sino989

Reaction score
I have never payed for a mobile game and I quite frankly don't plan on buying any mobile game because more than half of the time you delete the games you download from the app store a week or two later so I think it's not worth spending money on.

BeardedMamba

Reaction score
I never paid for a mobile game ever in my life. Nor make an in app purchase, I believe in free gaming, if it's not free, there's not a chance that I would pay for it, unless someone buy it for me.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
I payed for a couple during their sales. I believe I still have Goat Simulator and Evocreo in my old google account. Was it worth it? To support the developers I guess I could say why not. But for me personally, I don't even play those games much anymore. It was fun for a while, just like a lot of free games out there, but I guess I just paid for them because I thought at least they had reasonable prices.

astroroid10293

Reaction score
When it comes to mobile apps, I normally will stay away from paid applications and in-app purchases. If I see that the app really is interesting and has good reviews, I will give a couple dollars away to purchase it. I look to see whether the app is really worth my money because I know that at some point, I will stop playing the game, and that would just be a waste of money. It's a rare occasion that I purchase games off the app store, but when I do, the app is highly rated and interesting.

valy

Reaction score
No, i never pay games for my phone. Sometimes i buy some games in my Steam account, like Counter Strike Global Offensive or GTA V.

SerSlavos

Reaction score
If I do, it's mostly on Steam since there are a lot of discounts. But usually I don't, I hunt for some free to play games mostly :D currently playing SMITE, since my PC is weak for new games.

Cendrillon

Reaction score
I wish I had the extra money to do so, but free games are the way to go.
Plus as a iOS user, each week the playstore gives away ONE paid game for free, so if you're lucky you get to enjoy a good freebie game just by being patient.
Not to mention the quality of the free games tends to be decent to pretty good.

Monopolo

Reaction score
No, but I've consider. The thing is if I pay for premium content and after a while I stop playing that game because I got bored, I would feel that I wasted my money. But on the other side, if I find a game that really enjoy playing and I feel that develops well, I would like to make a purchase to support the game. Right now I'm tempted to buy stuff in Final Fantasy Brave Exvius, I really like that game.

megaman93

Reaction score
I never pay for a game on mobile. If I'm going to dish out money, I'd prefer PC or console. There are too many games on mobile that are "pay to win." This definitely makes things harder and less enjoyable. But hey, to each his own!

luispas

Reaction score
I used to when I was younger, but now I don't do it anymore, I can't find a mobile game that I feel that my money will be worth to spend it.

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
I have never bought any game for my mobile. Thanks to the Playstore which provides innumerable free as well as good gaming options . It is very easy to choose and download games. So I have never invested any money in buying games for mobile. I'm happy and content with the free ones only.

castills

Reaction score
I have never bought any game for my mobile. Thanks to the Playstore which provides innumerable free as well as good gaming options . It is very easy to choose and download games. So I have never invested any money in buying games for mobile. I'm happy and content with the free ones only.
I have to agree with you. I would rather spend money on a free to play game, trying to achieve a goal, rather than toss money at something I may not enjoy. Even then, I would rather grind for gear or quests.
At least Google offers a refund.

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
I have to agree with you. I would rather spend money on a free to play game, trying to achieve a goal, rather than toss money at something I may not enjoy. Even then, I would rather grind for gear or quests.
At least Google offers a refund.
I can completely relate to you in this aspect. I always spend my money very wisely and would never spend it on something which has other options that are free of cost.

But I cannot understand the last line of your post regarding Google refund. Can you please elaborate it further?

castills

Reaction score

dracula77

Reaction score
Good stuff is a brand new game. Not only for the game itself, but for all the ritual that is accompanied by the acquisition. Open the plastic (which usually gives a hassle, you start with the nails, there gives up and part for a knife or something pointed) and the box.

dracula77

Reaction score
i like so much to pay for games,And not to take the money from my own block I make some money on the internet and use to buy games

castills

Reaction score
i like so much to pay for games,And not to take the money from my own block I make some money on the internet and use to buy games
Right? I devote time to money making apps instead.
I support devs on pc instead, mostly via Steam, where I spend most of my time.

MLF

Reaction score
Yes, if I find a game that I believe is worthwhile of being paid for, I'll buy it. If you don't, how do you expect new and better games to get developed? The whole piracy and attitude towards paying for software (and content for that matter) is why we've got media monopolies, half-baked releases, etc.

SashaS

Reaction score
Of course! The only thing I can see, at least with piracy, being OK is testing a game first by pirating a copy and seeing if it runs on your computer and then buying the game afterwards if you enjoy it, or deleting the printed copy and moving on if you don't. But this only really apples to non Steam/Origin/uPlay games as they all offers refunds provided you fit a reasonable criteria anyway.

There are some mobile games that are free to play that I have dabbled with before, and I won't spend money in most of these unless its an indie developer or something like that. I mainly stick to mobile games that do cost money though as thats mostly where the good ones lie. Otherwise, I pay for my games the same way I pay for my music and movies. Its the right thing to do and the legal thing to do. Thinking you're above others for stealing content online is a dying mentality and I'm glad thats the case.

Pixie06

Reaction score
When it comes to mobile games I don't usually both them. I prefer the free games as I don't usually play games on my mobile. I find the free games to be quite interesting too. I am currently playing two games. As for my PlayStation games I always buy them and they are the games that I enjoy the most. So, I prefer to save my money to buy the PlayStation games.