• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Do you pay for games?

jurew2

Reaction score
There isn't any shortage of free games or even paid games on the mobile phones. Usually the games you have to pay for are better from the ones that are for free, but not always. There are situations that the free games are much more fun than the paid games.
Do you pay for the mobile games that you play or do you play just the ones that are free?

BluBird

Reaction score
I have purchased games, though I never do "freemium" game purchases. I only do this with games that I know that I enjoy, and usually from developers that I have enjoyed in the past. I have bought the Maplestory mobile games, which are decent enough and made nights camping after everyone else is asleep a little better. I've also purchased a Virtual Villagers sequel and possibly a Virtual Families. Virtual Villagers got me addicted, and they are complete games without in game purchases being necessary, though there is probably a way to purchase game currency to support the developer.

Ridge

Reaction score
I'll throw money even at free to play games that I play.

If I spend time enjoying a product the people who made it deserve a kickback.

Sparkster

Reaction score
There isn't any shortage of free games or even paid games on the mobile phones. Usually the games you have to pay for are better from the ones that are for free, but not always. There are situations that the free games are much more fun than the paid games.
Do you pay for the mobile games that you play or do you play just the ones that are free?

I usually tend to stick with the free games. Most of the time, games have a free version and a paid version and a lot of the time there are only minor differences between them (such as advertising for example). Even if a game hasn't got a free version, I usually find that there's a free alternative anyway. Having said that, there are a few games I have been tempted to buy. I just haven't got round to it yet.

c9h2ua

Reaction score
No, I play those free games all the time. They can be pretty fun too. Therefore, I don't think I would pay for any mobile game.
I would rather use those money for buying food. I am not trying to say they are not worthy to pay, but I just don't want to pay for any games especially when I am broke.

Medo22

Reaction score
Not always, and for me, it basically depends on what game it is. I always play the free games and I don't like the games that require purchasing any silly tokens or expensive power-ups in order to advance in levels or to have more fun when playing! However, I only paid for a game once, and that game was plague Inc. It is the only android game that I ever paid money for and the only game where I made in-game purchases, and the reason for that is that I find this game really engaging, interesting and fun to play! Plus I sort of became addicted to that game that I would play it for hours with trying different strategies, different techniques and different plagues every-time I played.

I usually see mobile games as not worth-to-pay-for, however, I don't mind paying if I see a game that is worth paying for and that is engaging, fun and challenging! Anyone agrees?

Mackmax

Reaction score
Not really. I have over $50 on my iTunes account that I haven't touched in over a year since I just haven't found any games on the app store that are really worth my money. I hardly have any storage on my phone for games, so that is a contributing factor as well, but there have been many times where I did spend $2.99 on an app only to be ripped off.

globulon

Reaction score
I mostly purchase free games but I won't hesitate to spend $1-2 to purchase a game that has high recommendations! Where I draw the line though is in-game purchases. I refuse to spend an extra cent to speed up the game or unlock new content.

RobertNick

Reaction score
Depends. I'd rather pay for a full game rather than those ridiculous in-app purchases. I tend to avoid them. But if there's no paid version of a game, and the in-app purchase system offers balanced and good items that don't really ruin the game experience, then why not ?

lgdg090596

Reaction score
I play games casually, not competitively. So, no. I don't spend cash on mobile games.

Martin

Reaction score
I don't play video games on my mobile whether they are free or not, they just feel really uncomfortable so I would never pay for one.

AndroidOS

Reaction score
I don't think I've paid for a mobile game in years - a while ago I think I paid for the old Final Fantasy games but, as I said, that was years ago.

I think mobile games should be relatively simple to play, something you can pick up and play for a few minutes. That, in my opinion, doesn't really deserve payment for (though I'm happy for ads to be put in such games - developers do need to make money somehow).

Dark Ice Cream

Reaction score
I would pay for free games, like IAP, In-App Purchases, but I never bought any app. I just find a free app, snce I use android, I can play paid games for free

Michael

Reaction score
If I got a iTunes gift card, I normally buy paid games and because no advertisements is always cool :).. I'm looking at you Flappy Bird.

sapett

Reaction score
I rarely pay for mobile games. I prefer to stick with free ones. If I know a paid game is good through recommendations, I may just consider it. I don't find may mobile games to be worth money, especially the $4.99+ ones.

RivaCom

Reaction score
Most popular games are always on sale or next to free. It's easier just to wait for them to drop then purchase or download them if they are the download of the day or something.

cocolgooh

Reaction score
Up until now I've not paid for any games for my mobile. However if I found a game that was really good that was worth paying for, or there were extra parts that were worth paying for, then I'd definitely consider it. Personally I don't like to pay a lot for a game in case I then don't like it. You're sort of stuck with it once you've bought it and it seems like a bit of a waste of the money really. I suppose I'm just tight like that! If I'd played a game before, say on someone else's device, and liked it and found it worth paying for then I probably would do though.

Guardian

Reaction score
I haven't found a mobile game I enjoy enough for me to fork out money for it. I will not pay to get one that I can't try first as they usually are all a waste of money. So, basically I don't play enough mobile games to warrant paying for anything.

niightwind

Reaction score
For mobile games, nope, definitely not. I've enjoyed plenty of them, but not enough for me to spend cash to get a few power-ups. I used to play a lot more mobile games than I do right now, and back when I had half my iPod filled with games I had bought a few in-app advantages for several of them. Turned out I still had my iTunes account attached to my mum's credit card though, and she got charged for all of them and I had to explain why I was spending money on games that were supposed to be free. I payed her back of course, but it was a little bit embarrassing.
Nowadays though, I just don't enjoy mobile games enough. And even if I did, with no job, I just can't afford it right now.