• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Do you like playing your game with your siblings?

streettallest

Reaction score
All my siblings are females.
I haven't played any game with them.
I only play with my friends and friends of my friends. Lol.

LoL. Your female siblings dont seem to have interest in games. This is the case with my female siblings too. I think most females are not game freaks like males. Back then they seem to prefare watching movies and will beg me to allow them watch movie when we want to play the PS2.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
All 3 of us get competitive when playing either video games (versus modes) or simple board and card games. It's kind of the reason why we don't play games that actively impede the other players, since it's gonna get personal. If we're playing against the enemy, then sure, it's fun. Red Alert 2, Age of Mythology, Left 4 Dead 2. When we play as a team, it's fun. But when we're facing off on NBA 2k, then it's gonna be hell.

Sino989

Reaction score
I personally play games with my siblings all of the time. I think it's pretty fun because you get to play a game with someone you actually know so it can be a blast sometimes.

joegirl

Reaction score
My brother knows I hate any sports games and he can beat me anytime, so he always dares me to play a FIFA game with him. I want to win at least one time so I accept the challenge and I play with him, but I am yet to win a FIFA game :persevere:

Denis_P

Reaction score
I actually don't have any siblings but I do have a cousin who is like a brother to me. But getting back to the question, I both do and don't enjoy playing video games with him. I do enjoy it because it's nice having company sometimes instead of just sitting in front of your computer monitor alone, and being we're both enthusiastic gamers it's always fun sharing your hobby.

Sometimes I don't enjoy it because he tends to get super competitive, and because he puts more hours into gaming than I do, I often get my butt handed to me on a silver platter.

BatmanWayne

Reaction score
Yes, I love it, always is good because we can play a lot of time and we have fun, sometime we get mad at each other, but it is very good when we play and make bets and we give the best of us!

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
Classic game! My siblings and I played Battlefront 2 to death on the PS2 when we were younger. Managed to snag it on a Steam sale a while back but haven't gotten the band back together to play it yet. Have you played the new Battlefront?

Sadly, no. My computer wouldn't handle it (and I don't have any console). I plan to build a new computer in a few years (saving money! Slowly, very slowly...) but when I'll finish the game will probably be dead, or another sequel will come out.

yaorice

Reaction score
My brother is almost a decade younger than me, but we both love video games. The unfortunate thing is that we like very different types of games, but since I'm older he does try to follow in my footsteps and find games that we can play together--it's led him to downloading Portal and Civilization only because I'm playing them, and then quickly hating both of them. He pesters me to start playing League or Minecraft, but I have no time for League and my Minecraft days are loooooong over.

yunken

Reaction score
All my siblings are females.
I haven't played any game with them.
I only play with my friends and friends of my friends. Lol.
Is it that your sisters don't like playing or you don't just want to play with them?.. Had it been you have brothers as I do, I'm sure they will

Scholarkin

Reaction score
Is it that your sisters don't like playing or you don't just want to play with them?.. Had it been you have brothers as I do, I'm sure they will
My sister don't like PC games.
I have never heard them talking about them. However, they do play some mobile games like candy crush, marbles,jewel quest, Temple Run and the others.
Sure, If I had brothers, I'm sure I wouldn't be here typing this. Lol.
We will be playing FIFA till day breaks!

Scholarkin

Reaction score
LoL. Your female siblings dont seem to have interest in games. This is the case with my female siblings too. I think most females are not game freaks like males. Back then they seem to prefare watching movies and will beg me to allow them watch movie when we want to play the PS2.
Exactly!
They aren't too obsessed with gaming stuff like males. My sisters will surely pick a movie over a game anytime anywhere.
But I have seen them trying their fingers on some mobile games though.

hermessantos

Reaction score
Today I am married and I do not have time to play with my brother, but I remember that in our childhood we played a lot. The games we liked were Max Payne 1, Counter Strike and Raibow Six. Good times.

ZXD22

Reaction score
It's always fun to play with the siblings. Makes it more competitive and also makes things a little more interesting to say the least.

peachpurple

Reaction score
when we were young, we could not afford to buy a computer nor a handphone. I started to play Ms Dos games in my working place with my colleagues instead. Now, I play online games and app games with my youngest son. We love Gardenscape, Racing Car, Bookworm and Spy Game. Some games allow multi-players but most games are single players. So, we take turns to play.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
lol yeah if you raised them to be gamers then I don't see how you can't have fun with them. I have 2 brothers and we've been playing video games since we were little, and we don't usually do competitive stuff against each other because it turns out ugly pretty fast. But it gets fun when we play L4D2 when facing against AI zombies, or playing against AI teams in other games. it's a lot more fun than single player, but without the toxic communities and chats of online gaming.

Westbay

Reaction score
Its a good thing to play with siblings in fact its a great thing it brings unity in the family I remember when we used to play 007 where 4 persons can complete a mission on co-operation mode its so sweet. Sometimes we play soccer together playing a tournament sharing the game controller its just interesting because everyone has a particular style towards getting things done, for instance when I was playing Tomb Raider on the play station one my siblings helped me get through some stages its just interesting seeing things like that happen.

Strelitzia

Reaction score
Honestly I never liked playing with my younger brother. He may have played more games in bulk than I have just because he had way more free time than I ever did, but he's a huge sore loser. Any PvP game always had him in fits of rage because I always did better than he did. I stopped playing whenever we had little parties with friends and even family because he'd get violent- throwing his controller and stuff when I won. Even in MMOs I still could do better than him in general gameplay and that irked him to no end. We were better playing games separately from each other than with each other. He had the stupid mentality that no sister should be better than a brother in games.

Deathisue

Reaction score
Yes, I have a twin brother and I see myself very difficult playing with someone else, is my rival, my teacher and my inspiration in games, I grew up with him and in the end we are almost the same, so yes, I like play with my brother.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Honestly I never liked playing with my younger brother. He may have played more games in bulk than I have just because he had way more free time than I ever did, but he's a huge sore loser. Any PvP game always had him in fits of rage because I always did better than he did. I stopped playing whenever we had little parties with friends and even family because he'd get violent- throwing his controller and stuff when I won. Even in MMOs I still could do better than him in general gameplay and that irked him to no end. We were better playing games separately from each other than with each other. He had the stupid mentality that no sister should be better than a brother in games.
That's kinda why I only play with my two brothers if it's co-op mode or something similar. Fighting against the enemy AI is a lot better than fighting among each other since there won't be any sore losers when the computer beats you. We played a lot of games through the years but avoided direct competition for the sole purpose that none of use want to lose to the other, and they can't really beat me since I'm the oldest and have the most experience playing.

thart

Reaction score
There is some games who really need company and some games i prefer to play alone.