• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Do you dream about your game?

reginafalange

Reaction score
I sometimes have troubles falling asleep because my brain is thinking of games I play but I don't think I have ever seen the games in my dreams. I may be wrong though because I just rarely remember what I have dreamed about.

Moaz

Reaction score
Why dreaming about the games you play makes you bored? I mean, it should be something would make you more excited (or not? :sleepy:).
The problem is that sometimes I dream of some scary games like resident evil, which is something very bad. Right?:tearsofjoy:

sima061

Reaction score
Not really, I haven't had this happen to me. I had some games that occupied my mind a lot lol, but I never actually dreamed of them.

Neiltarquin

Reaction score
Yes I do. Especially if I'm so intobthe game. Either my dream is about strategizing a game play, or I am dreaming that I am one of the character of the game.

thart

Reaction score
You're not the only one... Be sure about that! :sunglasses: I've thought about it a million times. :tearsofjoy:
Haha we are in the same boat then :sweatsmile::tearsofjoy: maybe there is a way to make this dream true:smile::screamcat: the real world are full of problems.

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
It happened to me once, i was addicted to Resident Evil games. And i was dreaming that i am attacked by zombies, and i pulled out my gun and i start shooting all the zombies around me :sweatsmile::tearsofjoy: What a dream lol.
Hahaha that was cute. It is really funny when things like this happen. This only depicts our gaming obsession and nothing else.But such things also create memories for the lifestyle.

konomi

Reaction score
I don't really dream about games, but I do have the feeling of 'playing' a game when I'm trying to fall asleep (the "Tetris effect" thing that has been mentioned previously in the thread). It only happens with games that I spend a long time playing, and that have a repetitive play style, like puzzle games.

The only real video game dream I can remember having is one about Pokemon. In the dream, I was playing Pokemon Yellow (the one where Pikachu is your starter Pokemon). At the end of the dream-version of the game, Pikachu dies -- a real death, not the way Pokemon faint in the actual games. I was sooo sad about it that I woke up crying :sweatsmile:

WildSpirit

Reaction score
Haha we are in the same boat then :sweatsmile::tearsofjoy: maybe there is a way to make this dream true:smile::screamcat: the real world are full of problems.

Let's create a machine that can make us travel through time / space and let's go straight to Raccoon city. What do you think about that? :tearsofjoy:

WildSpirit

Reaction score
Yes I do. Especially if I'm so intobthe game. Either my dream is about strategizing a game play, or I am dreaming that I am one of the character of the game.

Dreaming about a particular game should be a privilege every player should have at least once in their life. It's so nice when this happen! :smiley:

WildSpirit

Reaction score
Not really, I haven't had this happen to me. I had some games that occupied my mind a lot lol, but I never actually dreamed of them.

But would you like that to happen? :sweatsmile: Would you like to dream of some specific game? If so, which game would you choose? :sunglasses:

WildSpirit

Reaction score
The problem is that sometimes I dream of some scary games like resident evil, which is something very bad. Right?:tearsofjoy:

I got your point :tongueclosed:, but it's not boring for me because I love horror games (and Resident Evil is my favorite one :smiley:).

WarVet

Reaction score
Hahaha that was cute. It is really funny when things like this happen. This only depicts our gaming obsession and nothing else.But such things also create memories for the lifestyle.

I believe that dreams work in a rather complex but tangible way in our minds. It picks up symbols and sends messages through them to our conscious mind. So in that example, if we are going through some struggles in life and we play like Resident Evil we might dream about fighting zombies in a Resident evil setting. It's the way the subconscious mind finds to solve its issues.

Ash

Reaction score
I have never dreamt about any of the games that I have played. I don't think anyone I know has dreamt about the games they have played either, to be honest. It just sounds weird, to be honest, to dream about something that is not real and something that has been animated. For anyone that has dreamt of a game, do you see yourself animated in the game as well or do you just dream of a particular scene that you played? I don't doubt anyone of course, sometimes dreams consists of things that we have seen previously so obviously for some people they may see a certain scene/part from a game.

thart

Reaction score
Let's create a machine that can make us travel through time / space and let's go straight to Raccoon city. What do you think about that? :tearsofjoy:
That sounds great :sweatsmile::tearsofjoy: or maybe we can create a console too that will allow us to open a gate to Raccoon City. But we should be careful, if the zombies know about it maybe they will find a way to go to the real world too and we will have to save both of Raccoon City and the real world :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

thart

Reaction score
Taht's right, at least i will find something to tell my kids about in future :sweatsmile: I hope if there a way that we can recording dreams using it haha.

WildSpirit

Reaction score
That sounds great :sweatsmile::tearsofjoy: or maybe we can create a console too that will allow us to open a gate to Raccoon City. But we should be careful, if the zombies know about it maybe they will find a way to go to the real world too and we will have to save both of Raccoon City and the real world :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Your idea is good, but it's a double risk. :smiley: Do you really want to take chances? We will have to be prepared! :sunglasses:

WildSpirit

Reaction score
I have never dreamt about any of the games that I have played. I don't think anyone I know has dreamt about the games they have played either, to be honest. It just sounds weird, to be honest, to dream about something that is not real and something that has been animated. For anyone that has dreamt of a game, do you see yourself animated in the game as well or do you just dream of a particular scene that you played? I don't doubt anyone of course, sometimes dreams consists of things that we have seen previously so obviously for some people they may see a certain scene/part from a game.

Well... I don't think it's weird. After so much time playing the same game, I think "normal" being influenced to that point. :smiley:

JoeMilford

Reaction score
I think I dreamt about Mass Effect. It was a dream about getting hunted by Bounty Hunters. The dream happened after I played seven hours of the game on the same night.

I've dreamed of Destiny a few times and of fighting hordes of armored Titans and the Cabal, etc. I guess some games can worm their way into our subconscious and really become part of our psyche for a minute...

damizille

Reaction score
When I was much younger and I was anxious about a new console I got, I dreamt about a lot of games that I had available back then but it has not happened to me recently due to the fact that my life activities are enough to dream about and not dream about games.

Thammy

Reaction score
dreaming about my game? Lool, i don't think i ever have, well, none i can remember of. But i think dreaming about ones game might mean addiction to the game, which i don't think is a good thing. Games are meant for relaxation not distracting one. Getting addicted to games could be a major cause of distraction in ones real life and I'm sure you don't want that..I don't think i want to dream about my game