• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Do you dream about your game?

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
There are times when I get so addicted to a particular game that I think of it even while sleeping . I can so well recall the background music and the graphics that it appears that I'm actually playing the game.

Do you also play games in your dreams?

Frank

Reaction score
Absolutely. This is called the Tetris effect I believe. When you go to sleep and you close your eyes and all you see is the game you just spent 5 hours on playing.

TsuyoyRival

Reaction score
For sure, sometimes I dream with characters of games, the music, their powers, fights with villains and so on. I know this is weird, doesn't happen as often as before but it still happens xD

Gladdy

Reaction score
Haha, I am happy that I am not the only one that dreams different games! I especially remember having tons of ''dream games'' when I initially began playing World of Warcraft. I was pretty young and I got completely addicted to it. I thought about it all the time, even when not playing... so naturally, I often dreamed about how I am running around Orgrimmar on my character, how I am killing various monsters and more. It was weird because I sometimes even felt like I am half asleep half awake? very hard to explain.

I have really noticed that if a particular game caught my attention and that I've spent several hours playing it that it will probably appear in my dreams!

Westbay

Reaction score
This is a very funny one, I remember one time I used to dream I was playing Fighting force only Playstation one I loved video games so much when I wake up I just realize am still stuck with my Sega Genesis game, getting a play station was like discovering gold then so I mostly dream about playing a video game at least that's for free right? That's what happens when you stay so long at the arcade fantasising about a video game.

goldlady

Reaction score
LOL yes! It's great to know I'm not alone in this world. It totally happens to me! Even when I was little and dreamed about Mortal Kombat all the time. That game was so influential in my childhood that I still dream about it... can you believe it? lol Nowadays I also have dreamd related to Call of Duty. I think it's normal, it doesn't mean you're obsessed or something. It's just the way our brains work.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
There was actually a time that I actually did. I was addicted to this mobile MMO to the point where I was only taking 5 hours of sleep a day just because of it, sometimes less. And there were a couple of times that I even dreamt that I was still playing in my sleep. I remember one dream of mine was being mad at the whole game because I got scammed by a player while trading some items lmao.

yunken

Reaction score
If you are an addict of game, then you should have undergo such a thing. I have dreamt of playing games so many times in my dreams, sometimes I even imagine myself playing some character in the game.

giovanniiiii

Reaction score
There was this time when I was playing Defense of the Ancients 2 and I just lost a very crucial match with my team putting all their hopes to me. We lost because I made one single and last mistake and it felt very devastating to think about that I had to quit the game and sleep right away. I wasn't able to sleep for a while because I had regrets and I fell asleep in a very sad state. I dreamed of that match wherein I actually have done what was right and we won the game but also right after I woke up and I felt very sad again. There are many times that I dream of playing games and it's not limited to just DotA 2 to me. I also have dreamed about playing Grand Theft Auto V and other various games too.

Jameson

Reaction score
There was one time I dreamt that I was in the Grand Theft Auto.It felt so realistic concerning all matters gaming. I could recall cruising around the city for the fun of it

JaiGuru

Reaction score
There are times when I get so addicted to a particular game that I think of it even while sleeping . I can so well recall the background music and the graphics that it appears that I'm actually playing the game.

Do you also play games in your dreams?

Not in any good way! If I've been super obsessive about a game it may intrude on my dreams. I've had that happen with the Grand Theft Auto series, as well as World of Warcraft. When you can close your eyes and still see the HUD you know it's time to get back to real life. :sweatsmile:

I have dreamed that the people outside were all those low-res models from older GTA games before. It was really weird because they'd fall right over if I touched them, but still were doing their walking animations. Cars were just lined up for me and the doors were as light as feathers so I had to be careful not to pull them off when I opened them. It's weird and fascinating how our brains put things together in our subconscious.

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
Absolutely. This is called the Tetris effect I believe. When you go to sleep and you close your eyes and all you see is the game you just spent 5 hours on playing.

Oh my God, thank you! I thought it was a weird thing to experience, or something I should get worried about but since it have a name and everything I guess it's a pretty common thing! It happens all the time: I play a lot, and when I go to sleep and close my eyes I see the game. It's... weird, but I think I like it a bit. It's a cool experience in some kind of way.

JoeMilford

Reaction score
Now I don't feel like AS MUCH of a weirdo? I too want to thank you for bringing up this topic. I will confess to having had dreams about Skyrim's landscape. It's weird too because I am not sure if I am dreaming in color, but the landscape seems so vivid, and I am in POV mode running about doing things.

ZXD22

Reaction score
On a rare night, sure! I had dreamed about owning a R170 Mercedes Slk 230 kompressor, just like the one in Need for Speed High Stakes, my good old child hood game. I've been saving up to get one and with my good paying new job I might be able to get one of my child hood favorites.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Not really. Most games that I play have enough freedom where you can do whatever you want, so having to dream about it would be redundant. Skyrim, Witcher 3, GTA; all open world games were you can choose to just wander around and not care about the main quests until you are interested in it again. Literally all the freedom in the world to do what you want. Can't ask for more than that.

mcbryan

Reaction score
I would probably say yes to that. I mostly dream about my game when our team loses. My dream always letting me back to the point wherein I placed a wrong move. It's like telling my mistakes and giving me advice not to do it again next time we play. To lose a game in a match is painful but reminding you this in your dream is the more it hurts. Dreaming is actually normal because we all know that dream is already part of human being. Dreaming about a game I believe is cool and I won't deny that experiencing that often.

fishmonk

Reaction score
I think I dreamt about Mass Effect. It was a dream about getting hunted by Bounty Hunters. The dream happened after I played seven hours of the game on the same night.

SirJoe

Reaction score
Not anymore but there was a time that I did, especially if I couldn't get past a level. Since I don't spend the whole day playing like I did before when I was on vacation it doesn't happen anymore.

WarVet

Reaction score
I've had dreams about my gaming in the past. As it was something that took a big part of my day it was natural that gaming was always on my mind and as a result, i ended up dreaming about me shooting or blowing something up. But the scariest dream I ever had was this one time I dreamt I was inside the Amnesia castle fighting the monsters. Scary dream.

WildSpirit

Reaction score
That's for sure... So many times! :tonguewink:

I've already lost count of how many times I've played many horror games and extreme sports while I was sleeping, haha! It's always something funny to be remembered. :tearsofjoy: