• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Do you dream about your game?

WildSpirit

Reaction score
For sure, sometimes I dream with characters of games, the music, their powers, fights with villains and so on. I know this is weird, doesn't happen as often as before but it still happens xD

Hahaha... I totally understand you. :smile: The impression that I have is that I'm living in a parallel world. :tearsofjoy:

Frank

Reaction score
Oh my God, thank you! I thought it was a weird thing to experience, or something I should get worried about but since it have a name and everything I guess it's a pretty common thing! It happens all the time: I play a lot, and when I go to sleep and close my eyes I see the game. It's... weird, but I think I like it a bit. It's a cool experience in some kind of way.

Yeah, I think the term was first coined back in the age of Tetris. Seems like people started experiencing it ever since the dawn of gaming.

Inqogn1to

Reaction score
Sadly I never dream about any of the games I play :(. I would so love to dream all night long about flying in a AH6J heli AKA little bird on some of my favorite maps in Battlefield 4, I think that would be such an awesome experience :). Maybe some day though, I really hope so.

StolenKid

Reaction score
It has happened to me many times, once I dreamed that Trevor from GTA V and it was a real nightmare, also I dreamed that I was on Rapture from Bioshock, really crazy.

castills

Reaction score
Especially from choice games. I'd try to create another way through.

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
Absolutely. This is called the Tetris effect I believe. When you go to sleep and you close your eyes and all you see is the game you just spent 5 hours on playing.
Is that so??? Thanks a lot for making me aware of the term. I thought it was something unique with my sleep pattern. But now I have realized that I'm not alone. It happens with most of the gaming addicts like me.

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
Not in any good way! If I've been super obsessive about a game it may intrude on my dreams. I've had that happen with the Grand Theft Auto series, as well as World of Warcraft. When you can close your eyes and still see the HUD you know it's time to get back to real life. :sweatsmile:

I have dreamed that the people outside were all those low-res models from older GTA games before. It was really weird because they'd fall right over if I touched them, but still were doing their walking animations. Cars were just lined up for me and the doors were as light as feathers so I had to be careful not to pull them off when I opened them. It's weird and fascinating how our brains put things together in our subconscious.
That was a imaginative dream based on your game concept. No doubt, it sounds thrilling and unique in itself. Your subconscious self worked well in your sleep.

Can I ask you that do such dreams trouble you later on in the day?

fireball916

Reaction score
I don't think I've ever dreamed about a game or playing a game. Not that I remember anyway, I don't usually remember my dreams though. I typically remember having a dream but I never remember what it was about.

SuperBugMan

Reaction score
Generally if I play a game too much I get a sort of 'stress dream'. I never fully fall asleep, instead I half fall asleep and just semi-dream. Its a horrible feeling. Had it last with Factorio, I was seeing conveyor belts when I closed my eyes.

m33kuh

Reaction score
I do sometimes. But I couldn't remember anymore. But when I was into gaming I used to have nightmares specially when I was really addicted to this game called World of Warcraft. I love jumping of cliffs or high places so on my dream, I also am jumping and it's scary as hell. x.x

Frank

Reaction score
Is that so??? Thanks a lot for making me aware of the term. I thought it was something unique with my sleep pattern. But now I have realized that I'm not alone. It happens with most of the gaming addicts like me.
Oh, yeah. When I first read about it, I was like, "Huh. This happens to me sometimes." and quite honestly I'm surprised at how many people think this is weird. You play a lot, of course you're going to dream about it.

WildSpirit

Reaction score
Sadly I never dream about any of the games I play :(. I would so love to dream all night long about flying in a AH6J heli AKA little bird on some of my favorite maps in Battlefield 4, I think that would be such an awesome experience :). Maybe some day though, I really hope so.

Really? :sweatsmile: So, I think you can consider yourself as a very rare exception among the players (I just don't know if this is something good or bad for you :tongueout:).

WildSpirit

Reaction score
Especially from choice games. I'd try to create another way through.

It seems interesting. :sweatsmile: What would be the examples of some games that you could mention in that particular situation?

WildSpirit

Reaction score
I do sometimes. But I couldn't remember anymore. But when I was into gaming I used to have nightmares specially when I was really addicted to this game called World of Warcraft. I love jumping of cliffs or high places so on my dream, I also am jumping and it's scary as hell. x.x

Do you think World of Warcraft was scary enough to make you have nightmares? :tearsofjoy: It's more like an adventure game in my opinion. :sweatsmile:

Inqogn1to

Reaction score
Really? :sweatsmile: So, I think you can consider yourself as a very rare exception among the players (I just don't know if this is something good or bad for you :tongueout:).
Yep I guess I'm one of the rare exceptions, I'd sure love to dream about all my game fetishes though :)

BethSztruhar

Reaction score
If there's a game that I play every day for a long time than it happens. I can recall a lot of times when I played a game for hours and I went to sleep after it so of course I dreamed about it.

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
Oh, yeah. When I first read about it, I was like, "Huh. This happens to me sometimes." and quite honestly I'm surprised at how many people think this is weird. You play a lot, of course you're going to dream about it.
Yeah... The more you play the game the more your subconscious mind gets engrossed in it. I think this is a simple principle of relativity which affects most of the gamers.

Even I was surprised to see that I was not the only person experiencing this. This is the best part of forum discussions. We get to learn and discuss so many things.

m33kuh

Reaction score
Do you think World of Warcraft was scary enough to make you have nightmares? :tearsofjoy: It's more like an adventure game in my opinion. :sweatsmile:
I get your point mate but it is really different when you are dreaming about it - it turns out to be a nightmare! Specially if you are constantly stressed. I remember I was in Netherstorm and that place is like a floating island in a vortex with a lot of particles and lightning or whatever they're called. :D

thart

Reaction score
It happened to me once, i was addicted to Resident Evil games. And i was dreaming that i am attacked by zombies, and i pulled out my gun and i start shooting all the zombies around me :sweatsmile::tearsofjoy: What a dream lol.

amine erraji

Reaction score
absolutely, when i play a game before i go to sleep, it stucks in my mind but i don't exactly dream the same game but i dream an other story line like a new DLC new characters new quests, and i love it it's so wonderfull what the human mind can produce during sleep time.