• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Board Games

valy

Reaction score
Hi, Phristo I love to play board games like Scrabble, Monopoly or Chess. Settlers of Catan is a lot of fun also! You have to convey something using different icons on the board which represents concepts. You should try it if you haven't played it yet!

Neo

Reaction score
Yeah, it's always gonna be a bloodbath with that one person taking it too seriously. I can't let other people win though. If I'm playing a game with my brothers there's no way any of us are gonna let the others win just so we can enjoy ourselves. But hey, all we play are card games and snakes and ladders, where you can't directly impede your opponent's progress in the game, unlike Monopoly.
Haha its always war with siblings and friends, isn't it? Win or die, that's all that matters.

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
Well I looked into the topic but it seems no one quoted the perfect game for board games lover... Tabletop Simulator!
I know, this sounds like an advert if I put the words like this... Anyway here's a link to it: http://store.steampowered.com/app/286160/Tabletop_Simulator/

It's just a physic simulator by itself, but there are lots and lots of mods in the workshop for you to try. Some original games, some known games... if you love boardgames and you don't have space or friend in real life, this is the way to go. It's also pretty well made in my opinion.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Haha its always war with siblings and friends, isn't it? Win or die, that's all that matters.
Dunno, people look like it's life or death when they are competing with family members. They really don't want to lose. I'm the eldest with my brothers but the youngest one is still the most competitive. Not just board games, even wrestling and NBA games on the PS2 was a lot more complicated since nobody wanted to lose. Fun times though, it was hilarious watching my brothers melt down.

ZXD22

Reaction score
Loved Candyland when I was younger. It was visually appealing and I would love how it went. If you through in online board games, I also used to love to play Board-GameOnline. Was fun until I kept losing and rage quitted lol

JoeMilford

Reaction score
I am still really crazy about Dungeons and Dragons, and we have a group who plays it every other week. Other than that, I grew up playing Monopoly and things like Chutes and Ladders. I got pretty good at chess there, for a while, and remember epic battles with my uncle in that arena.

Pink_Turtle

Reaction score
As I said before I’m an old school kind of gamer so I’m going to say Monopoly. The only thing: you have to be careful when you choose who are you going to play it with, it can seriously damage a relationship when playing with competitive people and I’m competitive as sky is blue… Also I play Cranium a lot because it’s really interactive and you can even make figures with play Doh. I recommend it a great deal…