• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Board Games

lexinonomous

Reaction score
I miss playing tabletop games with my family and friends. My aunt actually has something called "homecon" take place at her house every year. Her family and friends come over to have three nights of video games and board games. The whole event is focused on gaming. If you are in the house, you have to be playing some sort of game. One of my favorite tabletop games to play is called Werewolf. This game involves a whole table full of people. The objective is to find out who the werewolf is in a village full of people.

DeFence

Reaction score
I've always liked playing traditional board games like Monopoly, Scrabble, Life, but my favourite board game has to be Cluedo. Battleship and chess are also other board games I enjoy from time to time. I've played Risk once before but didn't really like it because it's mostly based on chance...at least, the version I played was like that. I prefer strategy games and games that make you rely on your own skills to win.

Joel7050

Reaction score
I like Risk. It involves taking over different parts of the world with troops, and knowing where to fortify, deploy, and when to attack all counts towards your victory. Deep strategy and intense planning is necessary, and I greatly enjoy playing it with my family! My dad almost always wins as he used to be a military strategist!

Steamroller

Reaction score
Haha, does Mario Party or Sonic shuffle counts also eh?. I played a lot of LUDO and Monopoly in my childhood, but I was pretty much luck screwed in regards of dice toss and picking up cards. I rarely took over properties and was sent to jail several times. In a monopoly society, I'm an outcast :c.

EntropiaAddict

Reaction score
When playing board games with my younger children, Robot Turtles and Cariboo Island (from the makers of Cranium) are their games of choice. For my teenage kids, its Cathedral, Ticket to Ride, and Stratego. For the adults, its usually a choice between Settlers of Catan, Settlers of America: Trails to Rails, and Empire Builder. We have dozens of other games that are played here and there, but the list above seem to be the games we keep coming back to time and time again.

Gmrgrl

Reaction score
For me it's Scrabble first, then Monopoly and last Deal or no Deal. These are the games I grew up playing and I still enjoy them today with my own children. Some of my best childhood memories involve a board game and the family seated at the kitchen table or around the fire... Good times!

SirJoe

Reaction score
I haven't played these in ages, but I used to play a lot of chess when I was growing up. Most of my friends at the time were really into it and we actually started to get quit good at it. Another game that I really liked was cluedo, even though it did start getting repetitive after a while.

abonnen

Reaction score
I like any word type games (boggle, scrabble, etc.) We also love trivia type games. Me and my husband play chess every other day or so. We also like to play the game abalone which is a fun thinking 2 person game.

Corzhens

Reaction score
A bit boring, but hey. I'm gonna say Monopoly. It's practically the mother of all board game. Also the mother of destroying relationships and the mother of games that makes it's players hate themselves and their luck. Tied with Uno, but that's not really a board game (that falls into the card game category I believe). Anyway yeah, whenever me and my friends were going to play a board game, I'd always suggest Monopoly.

I agree with you. I also love Monopoly although sometimes it gets boring when the game extends for hours. In fairness to the game, Monopoly is one good way of bonding with friends or relatives, depending on who you are playing with. The only downside is the duration of the game. At my age now, I don't have that much time to spend in playing board games although the last I played Monopoly was 2 years ago when we were on vacation in a beach resort.

Jonathan Solomon

Reaction score
It's hard to recall, but I'm pretty sure my first official board game was Monopoly. I agree with @Corzhens, it's an effective method to bond with friends or relatives. Monopoly, for me, however, is one of those games that never ends quickly; when it does it's usually either due to anger/frustration or the participants and myself gets distracted by something else (TV, pizza man, etc). Monopoly automatically goes into the "Hall of Fame" of board games. Other notable mentions from my childhood include Battleship, Scrabble. I value board games, especially before the technological era of the smartphone, tablet, and smart TV devices. Things were simpler back then and people took more time to play board games like the ones mentioned.

dap1900

Reaction score
I haven't played that kind of games for a long time, but the games you guys mention are worth checking out. I will definitely try those out.

Nickchick

Reaction score
My favorite board game is easily Scattergories. I started playing it in high school at least and never stopped liking it. I'm kinda bummed because I can rarely get someone to play with me. There were a few times when I played and someone playing with me said I was just too good at it so I guess that is why no one wants to play haha (aside from the fact I am a loner). I love it because I'm very creative and I have strength in pop culture and vocabulary. You can think of a different word each time for the categories.
I don't like Scattergories Categories however. I got it one time because I knew I loved the original and at the time Zoompanel only had prizes not gift cards so I got that game. I don't know why but it just wasn't as fun.

ulfhedin

Reaction score
I recently got my family to play "Dungeon!". Its similar to playing Dungeons and Dragons but its a board game. I use to have the original "Dungeon!" game in high school, but over the years I must have lost it. I bought the new one, and my family really enjoyed playing it. I even got to say my sister played a game of Dungeons and Dragons with me. Even though it was just the "Dungeon!" board game.

Sino989

Reaction score
Me and my family usually play Life because we own it on the Wii and we've always had fun playing it on there so we eventually bought the real thing and now we have even more fun playing!

christopher murray

Reaction score
My board game was Snake and ladder it's fun when four person is playing it's like you role one dice and any number it stop on that the amount of move you take.

reginafalange

Reaction score
My favorite board games are Monopoly (kinda a classic) Scrabble which is really fun and this game called UNO which I learned to play a few years ago but as I haven't play in a long loooong time I forgot how to play it lol.

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
I'm really fond of playing board games. Though it might sound old but Monopoly is still one of my favourite games followed by Scrabble.

There was a time when I used to play Monopoly for hours with my siblings. It is such a wonderful childhood memory. Now I'm trying to train my son so as to make him learn to play this game.

I really wish one day we both will enjoy this game .

Ipa07

Reaction score
I haven't played board games for quite some time. Last game I played was Risk.

Neiltarquin

Reaction score
Snakes and ladders was fun when your in grade school. I know how to play chess when im in middle school but the game bores me.

BethSztruhar

Reaction score
I loved and still enjoy playing Monopoly. That's my all-time favorite. It takes a lot of time so we only play it a few times in a year when we have gaming nights with my friends.