• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Are there any games you can play over and over and never tire of?

SerSlavos

Reaction score
Yes, Mass Effect is one of them. Because it is my favorite game and it has a lot of things to do, it is very interesting for me. Now I passed the game dozens of times, and I think that I finished every single bit of it, but still I can play it once again from time to time. I like playing Left 4 Dead with my friends as well. It's fun because it's co-op.

BeardedMamba

Reaction score
I never grew tired of playing Counter Strike: Global Offensive. I've played this game for 2-3 years and I still enjoy every single moment, except when there's a cheater on the game. But I'll never grew tired of this game, I've been playing it since I was a kid, when it was Counter Strike 1.1, and now CS:GO, if there'll be a new series/version in the future, I'll definitely play it even if I'm older by then.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Red Alert 2 maybe? But that's because a skirmish game only lasts about an hour, compared to big time games like Skyrim and Witcher 3 that takes weeks to finish. The longer games also take a toll, since when starting a new game you really do not want to replay all the same missions that you must finish at the start, like the tutorials and meaningless fetch quests that will get a new player used to the gameplay and overall theme of the game. I think that's where people lose interest when wanting to replay a game, and that goes for me as well.

overcast

Reaction score
I'd say some of the games like donkeykong, contra, mario those are some classics worth playing. Some of the modern games in wolfestein, resident evil and silent hill are also interesting. I'd say those horror games for me are pretty much good. Modern warfare 2 and DOOM are another new set of games I'd play for hours without tiring.

Pixie06

Reaction score
That would be Age of Empires for me. I was so addicted to this game. I remember being scolded by my mom quite often because I was spending too much time in front of the computer playing this game. This game was so much fun. To create a civilization and move from one ages to another was so interesting. Creating my own army and going to attack other civilizations and winning the battle made me so happy as I was able to achieve my objective.

Neo

Reaction score
I don't think I can ever be tired of playing Assassin's Creed on PS4. Its a very captivating game and once I start playing it, I just won't stop till hours and hours. I also like playing Pokemon, the classics like LeafGreen, FireRed and I never get bored no matter how many times I finish the game.

SashaS

Reaction score
I'd say the Binding of Isaac. Not too sure about the first installment as that I think would get bland eventually due to its more primitive nature, but Rebirth and the Afterbirth DLC, makes for countless hours of fun. Forget Afterbirth + though, as that apparently just ruins the game by making things too difficult, and its already a difficult game.

But yeah, Rebirth is just a wonderful little gem-come worldwide success and its worth every penny. The worlds are always randomly generated and chances are that even after a thousand hours you would still not have finished the game and gone through every item and room combination. Let's not forget those impossible achievements either. There are just so many and I don't know if anyone has actually gotten them all.

Chinatown88

Reaction score
Dota 2. When you stack with friends it's enjoyable. Games always end up different if you don't pick the same heroes over and over.

pioneerauthor

Reaction score
To be frank, there is no game on earth I would play and play all over again without getting tired of it at anytime. Even it's my favorite game, the same thing will still happen. Life does not entail that you should keep doing something over and over again without changing it for just a while.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
That would be Age of Empires for me. I was so addicted to this game. I remember being scolded by my mom quite often because I was spending too much time in front of the computer playing this game. This game was so much fun. To create a civilization and move from one ages to another was so interesting. Creating my own army and going to attack other civilizations and winning the battle made me so happy as I was able to achieve my objective.
I went with the Age of Mythology route when I had to decide what to get. I was more interested in myth units such as the cyclops or the minotaur, and using god powers like creating a meteor shower; compared to an era-building game which I have already experienced with games like Civilization and Rise of Nations. I still play AoM these days when I'm bored with the newer games.

BethSztruhar

Reaction score
Yes. I still enjoy playing every season of the Walkig Dead game, even if I've finished every scenario. I don't even know how many times I've already played it. Right now I'm replaying the last season but I'm sure I'll get back to season 1 and 2 too.

WildSpirit

Reaction score
Overall, I love horror, spy and extreme sports games. I can play them every day and never get sick of them because they can always hold my attention. I have a long list of games in those styles that I really like to play. :sunglasses:

WarVet

Reaction score
Tons. All of the games that I've ever really liked, I can play over and over. The usual suspects are Chrono Trigger, the Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts series, Ico/Shadow of the Colossus, and Skyrim. I can do this with books, TV and movies too. Once I'm familiar with a piece of media it enters my "comfort zone" - I know what to expect and I know I will enjoy it, so I'm always tempted to go back and play/watch/read it. I do try to mix in new stuff, but honestly most of my time goes into playing stuff I've already played!

Nice selection you got there! I place Skyrim on my list too. The amount of things to do is just amazing! Other than that I like the Mount and Blade series a lot too. It seems you can play for hours and there will always be something new to do like conquering a new fort or taking over another city. Very nice games.

jitendra0341

Reaction score
There are lots of game we play daily and infected out of it.Mine are the original infamous.Why I go for it I don't know but I did it.and never get tired of.The certain moment in the game made a genuine response out of me.I always getting warming from these games.The next one is Homeworld.My god I love this game too.the atmosphere here is so captivating and beautiful.

thart

Reaction score
CSGO, I have a little over a thousand hours logged. When I play matchmaking I get some of the most hilarios people even though sometimes they aren't very competent. It's also a joy to play with a friends and not take it as seriously. The depth of the gameplay is incredible and no matter how angry it makes me sometimes, I always find myself coming back for more. Also the endless climb to global elite keeps me playing too.

Maxthewriter

Reaction score
Just like most guys here in my country, I don't get bored of playing nice soccer games. It is rampant here in fact. If time permits me, I could spend 12 hours playing it, but it has to be against someone; preferably a friend.

It's really a good way to while away time without getting bored. I have actually played pes throughout the whole day on one Saturday. I had a couple of friends around, and took turns playing.

Jack_Dan

Reaction score
It will be COD then because that FPS game made me fall in love with other games out there. I will never get tired playing Call of Duty game series, and it also brings back a lot of good memories from past.

giovanniiiii

Reaction score
I thought there isn't a game that I can play over and over without getting tired of it but I remember I play Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas once in a while. I feel like I am young again whenever I feel the game since whenever I do not have anything else to do, I play the game on Playstation 2 or PC. The game is much more interesting to play if you try joining online servers using the SA-MP client. I play on deathmatch and roleplaying servers when I play GTA:SA nowadays.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
Probably Gang Beasts if I have friends to play with every time. The game isn't much, it doesn't even have a story, but since the gameplay is quite unique and fun to experiment with, it's one of the best games I repeatedly play. But despite that, I don't consider it as one of my favorite games because I find the mechanics way too simple, but it's just generally a lot of fun when playing local multiplayer with a lot of your friends.

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
But yeah, Rebirth is just a wonderful little gem-come worldwide success and its worth every penny. The worlds are always randomly generated and chances are that even after a thousand hours you would still not have finished the game and gone through every item and room combination. Let's not forget those impossible achievements either. There are just so many and I don't know if anyone has actually gotten them all.

Totally agree. I'm not one to replay games very often, to be fair, with just a few exceptions, because I'm afraid that I'll eventually grow tired of them.
That's not the case with games with randomly generated levels, especially with The Binding of Isaac. It's fun and unexpected, and it requires a remarkable level of attention and skills to get to the end. It's definitely the kind of game I can see myself playing for a long time.