• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Are there any games you can play over and over and never tire of?

cocolgooh

Reaction score
I must have played the Tomb Raider games 5 times over on Playstation. It was like I just couldn't get enough of them. I used to play the Die Hard games a lot as well back then although not as much as the Tomb Raider ones. I can also play the Sims again and again because there's simply so much to do in the games that you can never really entirely run out of things to do.
Are there any games that are like this for you?

niightwind

Reaction score
I've only played all the way through it once, but I've started new games in Rune Factory 4 so many times and absolutely adore it. I could just grind through the levels on there constantly without ever getting sick of it, I'm pretty sure. I've also not yet tired of HuniePop, but the biggest gameplay element in it is basically a spin off of Bejeweled so it isn't a very advanced story-based game or anything. Same for Candy Crush, but that's just a casual mobile game and not really something I'd count as part of my game collection.
I'm the same way with the Sims, but sometimes I do bore of doing tasks in there over and over again. I have to take a break for a month or so and then come back to it, but I never grow tired of it completely.

Guardian

Reaction score
Usually sports games. Does that count? :p

Grand strategy games as well.

So, I guess, NCAA Football, Madden, Crusader Kings II, Europa Universalis IV.

Michael

Reaction score
No, not really. I normally get bored and stop playing after a while. Perhaps, if you would have asked me a few months ago. My answer would be Minecraft but I'm sort of getting sick of gaming.

Rachel Dodd

Reaction score
I did this with RE4. I still play that game. I played it on PS2, Gamecube, and now the PC. It's so nuts! I love Leon though. I would buy all Resident Evil games just to hear Leon....yes he's my favorite! I used to be that way with Snake...and Kratos....omg I have so many loves! The one game will still play if I can find it is Metropolismania. I have no idea why I want that game so bad! Oh! Power Stone 2! Dreamcast...omg I love this game but my stupid Dreamcast broke. I have so many, it's hard to name just one!

Obi

Reaction score
I normally only play sandbox games frequently, like Terraria, Minecraft and some others. Another game that I can play over and over is Fable II. I've played the story maybe 15 times over, I just enjoy it so much and I find that the game varies a lot. It helps that the game's been out for ages as well:D

JoshSucksAtGames

Reaction score
I have a couple of MOBAs in my library that I play all the time. When it comes to games with storylines though, I can play FEAR 1 and 2 over and over again. Those games are fuckin' amazing.

Nemesysbr

Reaction score
I think the closest I got to that was Fallout New vegas. I can't even count how many times I beat that game, there was a time where I felt this was the one game that was always there for.

JoshSucksAtGames

Reaction score
I think the closest I got to that was Fallout New vegas. I can't even count how many times I beat that game, there was a time where I felt this was the one game that was always there for.

I have never played Fallout, but I've seen a ton of videos and livestreams of it. Definitely seems like one of those games that would keep draggin' ya back in. You gonna get 4?

Nemesysbr

Reaction score
I have never played Fallout, but I've seen a ton of videos and livestreams of it. Definitely seems like one of those games that would keep draggin' ya back in. You gonna get 4?
Still not sure. It would be a no-brainer if not for the absurd price it got(double the normal amount of a AAA title on my country)

But I'm not sure If I'm willing to endorse this sort of behaviour. I will probably play it with Steam sharing or something similar.

JoshSucksAtGames

Reaction score
Still not sure. It would be a no-brainer if not for the absurd price it got(double the normal amount of a AAA title on my country)

But I'm not sure If I'm willing to endorse this sort of behaviour. I will probably play it with Steam sharing or something similar.

What country do you live in (if you don't mind me asking)?

Nemesysbr

Reaction score
What country do you live in (if you don't mind me asking)?
Don't worry about it :)

I live in Brazil and the game is currently at R$ 226, which is roughly 58$. Seems fair, right? Well, it would be, if our country's average wages weren't taken into consideration for the overwhelming majority of steam's games. To put things into perspective, GTA V is currently sitting at R$99, which is considered a very fair price. Meanwhile the newest of the Rpg Maker, which is known here for being very expensive, is sitting at R$133.

Also, out of all vurrent steam prices, only 4 games total are above R$130(Yet that also makes 2015 a record breaker in simultaneous high-prices) while Fallout 4 stands alone as the only game to ever go past the R$200,00 mark.

Sorry for bombarding you with numbers, but I thought maybe you would want the full picture

JoshSucksAtGames

Reaction score
Don't worry about it :)

I live in Brazil and the game is currently at R$ 226, which is roughly 58$. Seems fair, right? Well, it would be, if our country's average wages weren't taken into consideration for the overwhelming majority of steam's games. To put things into perspective, GTA V is currently sitting at R$99, which is considered a very fair price. Meanwhile the newest of the Rpg Maker, which is known here for being very expensive, is sitting at R$133.

Also, out of all vurrent steam prices, only 4 games total are above R$130(Yet that also makes 2015 a record breaker in simultaneous high-prices) while Fallout 4 stands alone as the only game to ever go past the R$200,00 mark.

Sorry for bombarding you with numbers, but I thought maybe you would want the full picture

I knew they adjusted prices for different countries and stuff. Thanks for the more in-depth breakdown though. But, damn. You'd think that they'd put the game in the same price bracket as GTAV just to prevent pirating. If what they're asking for is above and beyond what people already consider to be "expensive", then they're pretty much asking for people to pirate it.

Nemesysbr

Reaction score
I knew they adjusted prices for different countries and stuff. Thanks for the more in-depth breakdown though. But, damn. You'd think that they'd put the game in the same price bracket as GTAV just to prevent pirating. If what they're asking for is above and beyond what people already consider to be "expensive", then they're pretty much asking for people to pirate it.

You know what's the funniest bit? That this pricing is actually their idea of damage control. When the game first became available for pre-order, It cost whooping R$ 250,00. That's 80$, double of the expected(but still pricy) 40$ of the witcher 3 at the time. I can't even begin to wrap my head around how any businessman would think that's a good idea. We don't even have as much of a hardcore pc fan-base on Brazil, most people here only consistenly play MOBAs and Counte-Strike for being affordable, meanwhile buying whatever seems to be getting praise at the moment.

The fallout brand is not going to impress people into buying, as every game needs to create its own buzz in order to be a success here, But for that to happen, the first group of people must actually make the leap of faith and buy the game. And even then, the game may be so expensive that even dedicated fans like me won't be able to afford it.

If this is anything short of a clusterfuck I swear I will torch myself on fire.

/rant

SharaElyse

Reaction score
I have played Tales of Symphonia many, many times! I love this game and never tire of it. It's a really fun and intriguing game. The cool thing about it is there are different outcomes depending on what you do during the game. When interacting, you can choose other responses and that makes it a bit more interesting.

Honeymoon

Reaction score
I'm gonna go with Left 4 Dead 2. The game's repeatability value is just insane. When you're playing alone, the game gets boring really quickly, but when you play with your friends or some strangers from the interwebs it's pretty much always interesting.

Another game worth mentioning would probably be Minecraft. I'll admit that I've gotten bored of the game more than a few times, but in the end I always come back. It's just such a great game. The sky is quite literally the limit in Minecraft, so if you're a creative person you really won't be having any problem.

guruproto

Reaction score
Strategy games like Civilization and MOBAs like League of Legends are an ongoing addiction for me.

I've been a fan of Civilization since Civ IV, and CIV V currently holds my attention. I love trying to find the best tech trees for each win condition, and the AI and multiple difficulty settings keeps things fresh. I can play the same save file for days on end, and be willing to start up another nation as soon as I beat the current game. If I ever get tired or bored with it, a simple tweak in the difficulty or custom starting options gives the game a whole new perspective and forces you to change previously established strategies. And this isn't including the fun and strategy that comes from playing with people online.

League is my second favorite, although I tire from it more quickly than Civilization. The only reason for this is because of the toxic community, but I still love the game to death and will continue to play it for years to come.

Kaitara

Reaction score
Tons. All of the games that I've ever really liked, I can play over and over. The usual suspects are Chrono Trigger, the Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts series, Ico/Shadow of the Colossus, and Skyrim. I can do this with books, TV and movies too. Once I'm familiar with a piece of media it enters my "comfort zone" - I know what to expect and I know I will enjoy it, so I'm always tempted to go back and play/watch/read it. I do try to mix in new stuff, but honestly most of my time goes into playing stuff I've already played!

lexinonomous

Reaction score
Dota 2 is definitely the game I have put the most hours into. I believe I have a couple hundred hours or so in that game; maybe even 1000 plus. I have gone through matches four hours in a single day. I never tire of the game because each match is different. There are so many different characters to choose from and you're constantly being matched with different people around the world.