• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Your first online game?

Blaine019

Reaction score
My first ever online game was Ragnarok online. I remembered discussing my characters back in school. Those times were awesome.
Me too bro. I played this game when I was 6 or 7 I think. I don't know what I'm doing in the game but I just want to play it and all that matters to me is that I level up whenever I play. It is pay to play that time so I can just play for about an hour or so because the only one that I can buy is the cheapest and I just rent pc that time. Until now I still don't know how to play it properly. LOL

appleandcinnamon

Reaction score
My first ever online game was Ragnarok online. I remembered discussing my characters back in school. Those times were awesome.

Yeah, same thing. The publisher used to hand out installation CDs to kids everywhere (with a prepaid cards, too) to get us hooked in. It wasn't as expensive as World of Warcraft though.....

Inqogn1to

Reaction score
My first one was quake 3 if my memory is working with me right now. It was released in 1999. I had such a great time discovering this, being a competitive young dude who was involved in various sports back then.

WarVet

Reaction score
It has to be Ragnarok Online. Man, I used to spend 16 hours on that a day as a teen. Maple Story was in the cards too and was a smash with everybody else my age but the basic, overly sprite-y graphics and animations turned me off. I remember selling Poring and Bongun eggs to prospective pet owners.

Those weren't my first ones but I certainly recall playing them too. In fact, i have a friend that still plays and makes real money by selling in game items to stores. I never thought that was possible!

giovanniiiii

Reaction score
I remember it was MU online and Gunbound. I had fun in playing MU on test servers, because back then, playing on other servers require you to load your account in order to be able to log in. The atmosphere of the game seemed a little dark and somehow focused on grinding for levels. People back then are even trying to earn by selling items from the game to other players. Gunbound though is an online game that is turn-based and is played by shooting your enemy's tank and eliminating them. The graphics and music sound very light and cartoonish.

Tania997

Reaction score
I remember playing something called lineage when I was 6 or 7. Can't remember much about that game, other than the installation was so painfully long and it was in some sort of fantasy setting. If I'm not wrong, it was a fantasy MMO where you choose your skills, your race etc

Jeric

Reaction score
My first online game was Diablo, back in the 90's. we use to use this cheat where you take your character out of the game and moved him to another game and it would double up the gold you had in your bag, we would do this several times and make a lot of gold, then when players asked us how we had so much gold we told them we owned a bag of holding, (that never existed).

sephyr

Reaction score
Well mine was Ragnarok online. I was only in gradeschool during that time and it was such a sensation that I remember spending by the hundreds in order to continue playing. The game has its own charm, and it's not the kind that you easily get tired of. I'd welcome the idea of playing this game all over again if given the chance. It was just that good.

Me too! I first started playing RO in college and remember getting obsessed with it. I remember sneaking out from the seminary just so we could play the whole night at a nearby net cafe. lol
I've moved on to other MMORPGs but this one was my first ever. :)
I tried playing again when new localized servers for my country were reopened but found it too tedious now. lol
I still play the 3D (Ragnarok Online 2: Valkyrie) version occasionally but there hasn't been an expansion like, ever. lol

fishmonk

Reaction score
My first ever online game, I think, is an FPS ( First-person Shooter ) game that became super duper famous in my country at that time. It is called Point-blank. I think it still exists. It was my first ever experience on playing online games and doing teamwork and all those goodies, and I used to lose a LOT and cry.
I used to play Point Blank a lot too. It was definitely fun. I have shifted to CS:Go since I liked CS:Go's smooth gameplay.

user238

Reaction score
The first game I played online, and best MMO as far as I am concerned was Ultima Online.

I remember waking up at 5AM in order to go into Shame and farm, spending so much time chopping down trees in order to get my STR to 100, and trapping an orc mage in my house behind boxes so I could farm up my magic resistance. This made things so much more fun, the TOTALLY open PvP and the item loss, it was just perfect.

As real life as you could possibly get. Would never fly now, to many casuals! LOL!

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
I didn't play it for long, but I think Elsword was the first one I tried out. It wasn't all that bad, but it's still the game that made me realize I'm not really cut for online games.
At around the same time, though, I remember I found out about an MMORPG game for Lord of the Rings, and I downloaded it instantly (I think it was at about the same time, I don't really remember). I played it for some more time, but I dropped that one too.

Hikin33t

Reaction score
Mine was Guild Wars 1 and then I went straight onto WoW and didn't leave my house for 3 years.