• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Which MOBA game do you like the best?

Which MOBA title do you prefer?

• LoL

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Dota2

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • HoN

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Smite

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters

fl1pz

Reaction score
League Of Legends is definitely the top dog for me in this poll. Although Dota 2 and Smite have given me some pleasurable moments, it just cannot be compared to League. Playing LoL has even become a habit of mine because of how many matches I try joining every single day. I adore the thrill of close matches, It gets me excited. I enjoy reading the lore of different champions and how they joined the League. The only aspect in LoL that I do not like though, is the community.

SerSlavos

Reaction score
I've played League for a long time, 3 years, maybe even 4. I loved the game when I started playing it. It had a lot of new stuff in it to be seen, and it was entertaining. In time, it started to feel shallow and the community was (I guess it still is) pretty mean and bad. So i decided to quit it. Later on I tried SMITE and I liked it, I still do. The community is slightly better, but still, could be even better. What I like about it is that it is a third person game, with gods in it, pretty cool. And the events they make are pretty good also.

Deen

Reaction score
I recently tried the main ones out as I got fed up with Overwatch and was looking for something new to play.I found that LoL was easily the best of them. I didn't like dota so much and heroes of the storm is terrible, really surprised at Blizzard there with that game. Just my experience but I didn't know at the time exactly how popular LoL is and why everyone else wants a slice of the pie.

Chinatown88

Reaction score
I'd have to go with Dota2. It's still a game you learn about even after 500 hours of gameplay. All the different heroes to learn and all the different mechanics. Plus I do enjoy watching the professional tournaments. Need to play more Dota when I have more free time.

Neiltarquin

Reaction score
I rarely play MOBAs but i play DOTA a lot. Even now i still play the game.

missionreport

Reaction score
I play Dota 2. It can really be fun but also as you know frustrating at times when you're teamed up with people who don't know a thing about their heroes and their roles. Since this game doesn't represent individual gameplay, it's really hard to own a match without the right people on your side. You may be a pro, but you can only do so much on your own. You need everybody to cooperate in order to win and that's the most challenging part. Getting everyone to cooperate.

hermessantos

Reaction score
This is a very difficult search for me because I particularly like LoL, Dota2 and Smite. Anyway, my vote is on LoL.

SashaS

Reaction score
I haven't played any on PC or console so I can't speak to those, so the best one I've ever played (unfortunately) was Gameloft's Dungeon Hunter 5 on my iPhone. To be honest, for a phone game and for the year it was first created, its a pretty solid online game. Huge world with plenty of maps to pillage and explore, a massive database of items, weapons and armor. Plenty of different quests and all that good stuff. Getting the highest boosters on your items and becoming the most powerful character was fun.

But of course Gameloft being Gameloft, it eventually became tedious and that paywall hit me like a truck. Had to quit because I really didn't feel like spending money on that type of game.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Dota 2, only because I have been playing Dota 1 since 2008, and I really don't want to learn a new game similar to it. I already know the heroes, items, and tactics through years of playing. So why do I have to switch to LoL or whatever, and have to relearn everything all over again? It's wasting time in my opinion, and I believe I already paid my dues.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I play Dota 2. It can really be fun but also as you know frustrating at times when you're teamed up with people who don't know a thing about their heroes and their roles. Since this game doesn't represent individual gameplay, it's really hard to own a match without the right people on your side. You may be a pro, but you can only do so much on your own. You need everybody to cooperate in order to win and that's the most challenging part. Getting everyone to cooperate.
Players can be toxic though, even in casual matches. I get it if you get frustrated in ranked, but to flame out for a common match with people is insane. It doesn't count, it's basically training and practice, and you're flaming out both the enemy and your teammates. Some people take this game - or any competitive online game - way too seriously.

luispas

Reaction score
I've played and watched a few games, but the only one who fits with my requirements is League of Legends, I just feel comfortable in it, I love the mechanics, the characters and their stories, the style it has, everything. I've been playing it for like 3 years and I'm not even boring to still playing.

overcast

Reaction score
I think for me it has to be DOTA. Both first and second revision of the game are going good for me. I have found that the games which are in this type of category are best. Also most of my friends are playing these games. I think the new DOTA 2 is also good if you are with friends playing it on regular basis.

giovanniiiii

Reaction score
It will be DOTA. I played a lot of it since I started since 2013 and right now I have accumulated a total of 2297 hours of playtime. Playing it alone can really get boring especially if your teammates are those that do not cooperate with each other. What I love so much about the game is that with every slight change in the updates comes new metas for players. Although nowadays the cosmetic drops have been reduced unlike back then wherein it seems like you get an item every other game.
Despite having so much love for DOTA, I'd love to someday try SMITE and Heroes of the Storm since SMITE has a unique gameplay for a typical MOBA. For Heroes of the Storm, I became interested when they implemented some characters from Overwatch. I have to say thanks to Blizzard for that.

fishmonk

Reaction score
Having played several MOBA games including LOL, Dota 2, and HoTS, I would have to pick Dota 2 as my favorite game. I feel Dota is the most interesting MOBA as it has a large hero pool, a myriad of item builds and different play styles to achieve victory. The learning curve is steep for newer players but the game play is definitely fluid and enjoyable.In fact,the fact that Valve has came out with multiple patches throughout the calendar year to spice things up so that the meta game will not remain stagnant.
The competitive Dota 2 scene is also pretty exciting to follow as any of the top tiered teams can beat one another in the current meta. I am definitely looking forward to newer heroes being released in Dota 2 as most of the heroes have been ported over from Dota.

Wolfparttimer

Reaction score
I played almost all of the option except smite, I voted for League of Legends because it is easier for newbie players that game is not that difficult and can be totally enjoyable.
Dota2 is great but my computer couldn't handle it and I didn't get the hag of the game whe I tried it.
Heroes of the Storm is quite interesting but I didn't feel the urge to play it like the feeling I used to have when playing lol. This one is better to play it with friends because solo playing is extremely boring.

Eggy216

Reaction score
I voted for League, personally. It's the game that got me into MOBAs so it'll always hold a special place to me for that reason alone. Although, after they changed Quinn I kind of lost interest a bit. I know she wasn't great before (and by many accounts she got better after the changes) but it's just not the same to me anymore so I mostly drifted away.

HotS was also pretty good, and would be a close second to me. I really like the way HotS handles builds/purchases. However, I think with HotS I'm less inclined to play alone than with League for whatever reason (although League is also more fun with friends) so I'm going with League here.

fireball916

Reaction score
Mine favorite is Smite. I was actually introduced to it at a Microsoft store. It was a demo on the Xbox One and I played it as I waited for my friend to finish getting tech support from them. Luckily they had a PS4 version and now that's how I play. I like it better than League or Dota because I feel like I'm doing more and I'm more involved in the action. Not that it matter because I suck just as much at Smite as I do on League. I also like how the heros are inspired from real gods throughout cultures. I was devastated when I played my favorite god, Poseidon, and found him to be a very weak hero.

Khalil A

Reaction score
Honestly I prefer league of legends over all MOBAs. The big number and the diversity of characters makes the game enjoyable, and the ranking system is competitive. It is a world which is fun, and it is more when you set up a goal with a team and when you try hard and you see that you improving. This game made me understand how to work as a team and how to focus on priorities and important objectives. I learnt communication as well and self-control.
It is the best MOBA !

amine erraji

Reaction score
I have played Dota 2 and League of Legends both, i prefere dota because it need skill over anything it's way compatitive than LoL, i find lol for little kids it's easier than dota, and that's what got me in dota the skill level, and am trying to play smite to see how that game works and is there any skill level, i love something diffecult hard to learn makes you feel more important in the team play's.

gamergal

Reaction score
My favorite gotta be Dota2. Love the graphics and the characters. Just love 'em.:androidthumbsup: