• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Where do you buy your games most?

SerSlavos

Reaction score
I only buy games on platforms such as Steam or Origin. I avoid buying CDs since today everything is a digital release almost. And Steam has a huge variety of games so no need for anything else. Origin in case Steam doesn't have what I need :D but it's only EA so I avoid that too.

thart

Reaction score
i've found ebay to be a pretty good deal. i've never bought a game off of there that didn't work. and the games have always been exactly as described, without box or instructions.. i will go to gamestop but it seems like ebay is usually the better deal.

pioneerauthor

Reaction score
Most often, I buy my games at an international market because games are sold at company prices with further discounts given. Games are so expensive at local markets in all states because they are simply sold at retail prices. So, it doesn't pay me patronizing local game sellers.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I use Steam. Can't really say no to 90% discount during the summer. I stockpile games I will play all year, and then I'll do it all over again. I also like the idea of not having a physical copy of a game. Too much hassle. No more trying to make a scratched CD work; no more having to store the disc safely in case I will ever reinstall the game. With today's technology, everything is digital.

timstargraal

Reaction score
Steam is basically where I go for most of the games I buy. If there is a game which I can’t buy on Steam, I will attempt to find it somewhere else online and if that doesn’t work I will end up having to walk to a local game store to buy it, though it never gets to that stage as there usually is a copy of a game online and I would only go to a game store if it’s a game I really want badly or is something for console which I rarely play anywhere. Plus Steam Summer Sale is on right now (too bad PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds isn’t on sale. sed life.)

overcast

Reaction score
I mostly buy from the steam if possible. If I can't get it due to the money, then I try to go local and see if I can borrow from friend. That usually works out just fine for me. I try to do just that in case if I want to buy the game. I'd say that buying games these days have gone a bit more expensive lately as well for sure.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
I buy most of my games from Steam as it has amazing sales from time to time. My country doesn't really have a store they could count on like Gamestop, but we have a few gaming stores here and there; most of them are quite expensive too since they rarely give out sales. I've found that steam is the only place I could actually get huge discounts on since the stores in the malls probably would never give 50% discounts as they are also paying for rent in the mall.

RedVelvetCupcake2009

Reaction score
I usually buy them at Walmart since Gamestop is less common. Gamestop can be kind of expensive as well. I feel like Walmart has a wider selection, and I need to go to Walmart a lot more anyway for other miscellaneous things. Walmart is the best. I just laughed while typing that sentence. Maybe I will try Gamestop one of these days. I hear they give you back money for your old games.

Pixie06

Reaction score
At times I buy them online. But nowadays I have other projects and I feel so sad that I can't buy some of the newly released games. I have a friend who always sells his old games at discounted prices and so I normally buy from him. Sometimes I may check in those shops too and if I get lucky they even offer discounts at time. I guess that by the next 3 months my financial situation will be much better and I can start buying my games online.

valy

Reaction score
I buy my games from Steam, or Google play when I'm on my phone. In some other cases we have a game shop in my neighbourhood and i buy some games on a CD, if is something new and really worth the money!

WildSpirit

Reaction score
Basically, I shop from Amazon and eBay sites. I've already lost count of how many purchases (not just games, but many other items) and their services are great. I never had any problem with them.

Lindsy90

Reaction score
For each game. I'll go to the store that has the lowest price.
Just about every pc game comes from steam or one of the other online stores that sell steam keys amazon.com.greenmangaming. physical games usally come from best buy.

Shortie861

Reaction score
It really depends for me where the best deal is. A lot of the time a store near me, GAME has a lot of really great deals and therefore I will turn to them for my gaming purchases when I purchase a new game, other than that I will look to eBay which I have found to have a lot of great deals compared to some of my local shops for some of the newest games.

Empire

Reaction score
I buy all my games for PC, Orgin, stream and whatnot. I only have 4 PS2 games left and other then that I mostly have allot of good amount of PC gaming

m33kuh

Reaction score
Steam and origin for me. But mostly these days, from Steam. I choose Steam because of their sale. That is one of the things that I am looking forward to in any part of the year. From 20% to 80% off, now that's a good deal. :)

Fuzyon

Reaction score
Steam or G2A. I completely stopped buying games from the store since it's a pretty tedious process - you have to get to the store, make sure they have the game in stock and still deal with a CD. It's so much simpler to just download the game from the internet.

Okaviator

Reaction score
I'm a mobile gamer so I actually end up buying most of my games from the App Store. However, a few years ago I was an active customer at EB Games. The days when I used to have an Xbox 360. Good times!

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Also, hopefully when this site's shop goes online this is the only place where I'll get games. I can chat and get games, so all in one place. I honestly don't feel like talking to strangers on Steam because I'd rather not expose my profile unnecessarily. I keep hearing people getting locked out for some unknown reason over there and I'd rather not get a new account and repurchase my games all over again.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Steam or G2A. I completely stopped buying games from the store since it's a pretty tedious process - you have to get to the store, make sure they have the game in stock and still deal with a CD. It's so much simpler to just download the game from the internet.
CDs and discs also degrade in time due to misuse or just the quality of the disc itself, so it's better to have your library on an online account where you can just get it whenever you want. I remember buying PS2 games as a kid and they made it from cheap discs where I'm from, so they degrade quickly even without scratches after a few times used, leading you to buy them all over again. You can imagine how grateful I am that I can just store and download my games online now.