• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Where do you buy your games most?

BarelyHangingOn

Reaction score
I realize that when a great game comes out most of us go to Future Shop to buy it but where do you get your older games from? A 2nd hand store, used game store or places like ebay?

I have been searching for Dead Island for a couple of days and nobody has it. Heading to ebay next.

Hidden308

Reaction score
I usually buy my games at the Wal-Mart in town or at a nearby Gamestop. Sometimes digitally for PC games.

Sylar

General Manager
Reaction score
I usually buy my games at the Wal-Mart in town or at a nearby Gamestop. Sometimes digitally for PC games.

This. Where else would you buy them other than here? :p

gktime

Reaction score
I always buy my games from amazon. I haven't bought any games from a store in a very long time.

Garfiun

Reaction score
The last new game I bought was from Tesco, for all used games its ebay.

Garfiun

Reaction score
Depends on the game really though doesnt it, the high demand easy achievement games hold their value but it just depends on what you want isn't it.

Hidden308

Reaction score
Yeah true. Gamestop prices really high though.

Geoffrey

Reaction score
I always go to Gamestop, it's the only decent game store in this area and I have no reason to change.

haze

Reaction score
I just buy them online really, much cheaper than all the stores around where I live and sometimes I actually get them faster online than I would if I went to the store (In the sense that I would have to go into town and go to the store :p) so why not? Cheap and I don't have to lift a finger, my dream, haha.

Hidden308

Reaction score
Title pretty much explains it.. Where do you buy your games most of the time?

Mine would be wal-mart or steam. :)

22_22

Reaction score
Gamestation or game, they are both the same company. :p

Jonathan Solomon

Reaction score
In the early days, all I did was GameStop's in my local area. Nowadays, however, I use either Steam (generally when they have a sale) or Origin. If I physically go a store its most likely BestBuy. Walmart is another good choice too!

But those are the main one's I switch between.

Koyomi Araragi

Reaction score
If I went through all of my games, I probably got the most from Wal-Mart. I have memories of my dad getting excited by seeing a game in the store and making an impulse buy multiple times.

Gladdy

Reaction score
Well, it depends if it's console games or computer games. I used to love buying physical copies of computer games but now with the constant price increase, I've stopped. I tend to prefer just buying a steam key or game key in shops like g2play. Sometimes I also grab a nice deal on Steams Sale - they have good bundles and older games too. You can look up when these sales will approximately happen.

But when it comes to console games I most often just buy the used games. It's much cheaper than brand new ones and I haven't had any major issues yet. Just be careful to check the disc before giving the person the money. A few times I've also bought some amazing games from the PlayStation Store. I got so many nice deals; Fallout 4, Bloodborne, Overwatch, ...

Beautiful

Reaction score
In the event that I really need a game immediately I will drive to the closest GameStop. I usually purchase my games online from Amazon, Walmart or on eBay. Not more than a day or two ago, I've stopped by a store called Muti-Vest video games and they have a wide selection of games. Their prices are reasonable and great customer service too. I believe that I will disregard GameStop now since I've discovered this store, lol. :tonguewink:

Sino989

Reaction score
I usually always buy my games from GameStop. I think it's just a lot easier than buying it online because you don't have to wait for it to get delivered, you can just play it as soon as you get home!

Mattmattics

Reaction score
I'm a big Game Stop person so the fact they are going out of business, slowly, makes me sad.

Strykstar

Reaction score
It has been a few years since I've bought an actual physical copy of a game from a store, by far the place I buy most of my games is on Steam, and on consoles I generally also use the online shop.
For games that aren't on the console online shops, I usually just try to find what I want or eBay or Facebook sometimes too.

Denis_P

Reaction score
Nowadays that I'm a PC gamer I get all of my games either from Steam, Humble Bundle, or GOG. I'd say Origin as well but I don't think I've used that platform since Battlefield 3.

Being a PC gamer is great and all but I can't say I don't miss the days of going to a game shop, checking out the wall of video games and actually feeling the physical copy in my hands. One click shopping on the internet is great and all but it's kind of drained the fun out of that special experience that used to be buying video games.