• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What was your first console

arachnophobik

Reaction score
My first console was a Playstation One and for some reason, it ran without colors on our TV. It was the first time I've ever seen a game in 3D so at the time I thought it was so lifelike LOL. I had a lot of fun with that console, except for a few certain games that require you to choose/match a color to another (Dino Crisis 2 power generators), I remember spending like 2 hours in that game just trying to get the colors right and to no avail.

SerSlavos

Reaction score
My first, and only console so far was PS2. I remember when I first played it at my friends house, some Star Wars Episode III game, and I was astonished. I really liked it. Then I came home and told about it to my grandfather, and he bought me the very next day. Oh the joy. But now it's outdated and I don't play it anymore. :(

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
First gaming console I truly owned was a Game Boy Advance. First game was Pokemon Yellow, as well as an assortment of games like Battle City, Pokemon (in a Mario game?), and Jungle City or whatever. Only the Pokemon Yellow one was great and had replay value. Others were basically mini games that the cartridge bragged as "10,000 in 1", which obviously was a blatant lie.

kenoobie

Reaction score
Mine was a family computer and tough as a cookie. They built consoles tough back then as kids would accidentaly drop them or kick them. I could say that I have dropped mine more than a couple of times but still would work after turning it on. I played mario and megaman in this console more than I could count.

Ferns

Reaction score
My first console (it's actually my dad's, but I treat it as mine anyway) was the first generation PlayStation. He used to play Bio-hazard on it a lot. When I'm in the house with nothing better to do I play raider's tomb on it. Brings back memories.

thart

Reaction score
My first console was Nintendo, it was a gift from one of my relatives, and it was the first time i used something like than, that time i start loving to play super Mario and i still until now. I hope if can live those moments again.

Lindsy90

Reaction score
I never had a console because a friend had one and we played on his a lot of the time ... then a couple or so years later we all had psx's the first playstation and that a jaw dropper in comparaison-still remember playing Tomb raider the first of that too and standing on the top of a giant statue and getting vertigo for the first time in a computer game.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
My first console (it's actually my dad's, but I treat it as mine anyway) was the first generation PlayStation. He used to play Bio-hazard on it a lot. When I'm in the house with nothing better to do I play raider's tomb on it. Brings back memories.
We have similar games huh. My cousins owned the PS1 and they played a lot of Resident Evil (I assume that's the Biohazard you spoke of) and the Tomb Raider game as well, though I never got past the first areas because you had to jump (?) a long ledge and I kept falling off until I gave up.

ZXD22

Reaction score
My first family gaming console was the NES in which we used to play Jackal and Super Mario on it all the time with the family. I didn't really owned it, my parents did. When I was 6 my parents bought me a Nintendo 64 in which I owned and played Super Mario 64 and Ridge Racer 64 for days. Good times really.

Jack_Dan

Reaction score
I started playing on my PC first when I was 14, and I got my first console on my 17th birthday by my uncle. PS2 as my first console and I played numerous time on that console. Now I have PS3, and that old console is not working anymore. But I still love that PS2 because I have a lot of good memories with it.

appleandcinnamon

Reaction score
My first console was a yellow Gameboy Advance. My dad used to buy bootleg cartridges that had a plethora of random games in them, including most iterations of the first generation Pokemon games. But boy, that thing was a power guzzler. I was going through packs of batteries like a kid addicted to Haribo gummies.

Lexi

Reaction score
My fist console was the Nintendo 64, along with the Super Mario 64 game. I love that console and still have it. You have to fight with the tv wire a little, but it still works. I have so many good memories from it, it's what really got me into gaming and I'm very grateful for it.

Okaviator

Reaction score
My first gaming console was the classic SNES. The first game that I ended up playing on it was a sonic game. I actually forget the name of the game title it's been so long.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
My first console was a yellow Gameboy Advance. My dad used to buy bootleg cartridges that had a plethora of random games in them, including most iterations of the first generation Pokemon games. But boy, that thing was a power guzzler. I was going through packs of batteries like a kid addicted to Haribo gummies.
I got rechargeable GBA batteries (built in and not individual batteries) and all you gotta do is plug it in and play like a PS1. Pretty neat too since I never got any red lights while playing because the battery is dying. It was pretty expensive but it was worth it with the lifespan it provided to the GBA and the money I saved because of not spending my savings on extra batteries.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
My first family gaming console was the NES in which we used to play Jackal and Super Mario on it all the time with the family. I didn't really owned it, my parents did. When I was 6 my parents bought me a Nintendo 64 in which I owned and played Super Mario 64 and Ridge Racer 64 for days. Good times really.
Is it weird I never finished a game of Mario? I never got past most of the areas because I get annoyed with the deaths, and I haven't really played it a lot. Sure, if I played it more I may have put in an effort into memorizing the patterns, I probably would have finished; but I took the path of the PS games and PC games over Nintendo ones.

ZXD22

Reaction score
Is it weird I never finished a game of Mario? I never got past most of the areas because I get annoyed with the deaths, and I haven't really played it a lot. Sure, if I played it more I may have put in an effort into memorizing the patterns, I probably would have finished; but I took the path of the PS games and PC games over Nintendo ones.
Not weird but it is surprising. You're missing most of the greatest content the game has to offer.

appleandcinnamon

Reaction score
I bought rechargeable batteries, eventually. But when I became old enough to afford them, I simply moved on to other platforms and consoles, like the PC and PS2. I sort of outgrew the gameboy, eventually.

yaorice

Reaction score
I started with a Gameboy Advance bundled with Pokemon Crystal. I'd been begging for it for ages at the time, since all of my friends had their own and were playing Pokemon, so it was a great start. Definitely the reason why I grew to love video games. I remember finding little nooks in grocery stores when my parents were shopping to sit and play until they came to get me to leave.

Westbay

Reaction score
My first console was a SEGA Mega Drive II, its a very strong and studded game. I saved a lot just to get it because my mom didn't like the idea of myself and my siblings playing video games so she said except we save the money and get it ourselves shes not spending a penny so we saved and when it was enough we went to a store to get the game. The trick is you don't get to know if it has inbuilt games until you had opened the seal in the carton the reason is so as for the shop to sell extra game cartridges but luckily we got a game with lots of inbuilt games in it, it had Sonic Hedgehog, Top Gear and some other cool games in it. We were so happy that was how we owned our first console we went later to get Internationa; superstar soccer.

JoeMilford

Reaction score
Oh my God...you are all going to laugh. I am 45 years old, and I remember being over-joyed when my father brought home PONG--I think it was called PONG--where you used a bar to bounce the white dot back and forth. After that, of course, we had an Atari system, which, actually, I loved, and I am still fond of the memories I have of playing Pac Man, Defender, Donkey Kong, and Space Invaders on that home system.