• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What was your first console

Miles Lucas

Reaction score
You might remember the Playstation 2, released March of 2002.

I got it from a really ghetto garage sale down the street. It came with Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City and some racing game installed. I also bought Sly Fox too, after that it became my favorite game of all time and still is.

gkillian

Reaction score
I'm surprised to see so many answers of 'Atari' and so few for the NES.

My parents bought an NES when I was two, and some of my earliest memories are playing Crystalis or Snake Rattle 'n Roll (the former because it's an action-RPG where your stats eventually make you invincible, the latter because it's simultaneous two player where a baby screwing up isn't a huge deal).

Sino989

Reaction score
My first ever console I actually played was a Nintendo Gamecube, and let me tell you, that thing was great. Some of my favorite games are on that console, including my all time favorite WrestleMania XIX.

camshaq23

Reaction score
My favorite console is any console made my Sony Playstation. As of now it's the PS4 that I favor. I like the playstation system because its simple and the controllers are more comfortable than most.

Tom van 't Hooft

Reaction score
My first console was the Gamecube, around 2004/2005 I think. Got it after I played Super Smash Bros Melee on it at my cousin's house, and instantly loved it. Never got more games than SSBM and Mariokart though, because I was too young for most games, and my parents wouldn't let me play games that were too violent.

TheArticulate

Reaction score
My first console was a Super Nintendo that belonged to my parents. I played tons of Donkey Kong and F-Zero in my youth. I still love the F-Zero soundtrack to this day! Sometimes when I go home to see family, we'll break it out for nostalgia's sake and play through Aladdin or DK just for fun. It's always neat to spend time with family that way!

tiasmai

Reaction score
The very first game console I bought for myself was a gamecube. Mine came with a wrestling game that I started letting my son play hen he was about 5. He loves wrestling so much now because of that game. He does to the live tapings and completely fans out. Cena is his favorite, of course, but he's into them all. So anyway, yeah the gamecube is my favorite because its the first one I owned.

AntwanCeja

Reaction score
My first console was the "Family" video game system. It was like a cheap version of the NES console but way cooler. The cartridges were half the size, they always worked at the first time, and you could even atach the controllers to the sides of the console so they wouldn't fall.. such a great experience having this little console.. You can still get it online for 15 bucks...

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
I'm not a really old as a gamer, so my first console was just the PS1... But it was a great start for me! I dreamed about having a PS1 for months, playing with it at friend's houses, and when finally the day came.. well, I was just so happy!
If I remember right my first game was Rayman 2: The Great Escape, which was (and still is) a pretty cool game. The memories...

Pady

Reaction score
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: I am laughing because my first gaming console was PS1. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
At that time PS1 was the one latest gaming console and it was very popular. I have 1 brother and 1 sister. We was fighting for to play PS1. It is very funny.

john franklin

Reaction score
My first console was GameBoy and I love to play SnowBros and Contra. This GameBoy had 100 built-in games. You must hear about Mario Bros game. It was the most interesting game in that time. I was addicted play this game.

StolenKid

Reaction score
My first console was the PlayStation one, my dad bought it for my 7th Birthday with Crash Bandicoot as a first game

Makef0rt

Reaction score
My first would've been the original NES. I did have some Ataris after that point, which are obviously older, but they aren't the first that I owned.

Nintendo for me as well. Although, if you are willing to widen your view on consoles, this might not be a console, but my first thing to play was a Tamagotchi :) Good old times.

Denis_P

Reaction score
My first console was the Super Nintendo Entertainment System, or just SNES but I like saying it the long way. I was a bit late to the game, given that the SNES was released in 1991 and I didn't get a chance to play until 1997. My parents were super poor at the time so we didn't have money for things like video games, but my aunt and uncle had gotten their kids PlayStations so given they weren't interested in their SNES anymore, it was handed down to me along with a load of games. Five year old me couldn't care less that I was six years late, it was the best thing ever and the SNES remains one of my favorite consoles to this day.

Gladdy

Reaction score
My first console was the Super Nintendo Entertainment System, or just SNES but I like saying it the long way. I was a bit late to the game, given that the SNES was released in 1991 and I didn't get a chance to play until 1997. My parents were super poor at the time so we didn't have money for things like video games, but my aunt and uncle had gotten their kids PlayStations so given they weren't interested in their SNES anymore, it was handed down to me along with a load of games. Five year old me couldn't care less that I was six years late, it was the best thing ever and the SNES remains one of my favorite consoles to this day.
Same as you. My first console was also the beautiful SNES that I miss so dearly. I even have a SNES emulator on my computer with all of the games released so whenever nostalgia hits me, I turn it on and play for a short while.

My family wasn't poor likes yours though. We weren't rich but weren't poor - we were the perfect middle. I didn't get the SNES in 1991 though because I was born in that year. I got it a few years later when I was actually old enough to be able to play a console and understand what's going on. The SNES was a gift from my parents. Both me and my father were huge SNES lovers, almost addicts! It is my first and best console that I ever had. Not the best in terms of graphics and so on but the best because of all the wonderful memories I have of that time.

It is great to see SNES lovers in this forum. That console deserves all the love.

troslim

Reaction score
My first console was the Playstation 3, got it about 8 years ago with FIFA. I still have it and use it on a regular basis to play some of the games I have.

Chinatown88

Reaction score
My cousin gave me his Super Nintendo. Super Mario World was the first game my parents bought me and my brother. It was fun playing through the game and finding all the secret exits and levels.

SashaS

Reaction score
As much as I wish I had, for the sake of a more gradual and impressive progress into higher end consoles, I started out on a PS2. It was a beautiful thing though. The console played great on my little 19" plasma tv and the games, as simple and primitive as they were (although of course some PS2 games were masterpieces for their time) it was a great experience. I remember starting off playing GTA: Liberty City and GTA III and thinking how mediocre it was, then moving on to San Andreas and realizing how great that was. Same with those really shoddy FPS games that nobody really paid attention to, then going on to play the masterpiece that is BLACK.

Other great games I remember enjoying thoroughly were The Getaway: Black Monday, the Ratchet and Clank series, NFS: Most Wanted and Undercover and a few others that I can't think of at the moment.

BatmanWayne

Reaction score
My first one was the PlayStation one, that console was so good, I still love the games of that console, I remember how happy I was with all of the games that I had, they were so easy and natural to play with, good memories, dude!